• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

It's only $25 with Amazon Prime. But yeah there prices are sometimes ridiculous. I payed the $100 for the MvC hardcover artbook only cuz it was the only option at the time.

I'm aware of that, that's why I specified MSRP. It's still very pricey for what it contains.

FWIW I think their artbooks are well worth the money. I've got five of them. Their MvC hardcover was outrageously overpriced though, especially since the Bayonetta one was also hardcover and cost half as much.

Battery life on the iPad Air 2 is insane.

wmY1XW5.jpg

Edit - fixed.

Someday I will get to have a commission from Kevin Wada until then I will live vicariously through his twitter feed. I am just floored by his work.

Those are some dope work. I happened to meet him twice. I knew his name was Kevin Wada, but prior to meeting him I always assumed the artist was a woman.

I'm aware of that, that's why I specified MSRP. It's still very pricey for what it contains.

FWIW I think their artbooks are well worth the money. I've got five of them. Their MvC hardcover was outrageously overpriced though, especially since the Bayonetta one was also hardcover and cost half as much.

I see some of their art-books on very steep discounts at my local Barnes and Noble. Do some of them do really well and the rest not sell or something?

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Oh yeah, forgot to mention that I found out the guy I went bouldering outdoors with yesterday is a comics fan. He actually reads monthly like a crazy person, so I had nothing really to talk to him about.

He's a DC fan too.

I asked him what he thought of Frank Quitely but he was like "I really only pay attention to writers' names."

He also can't stand Grant Morrison, but he's only read Action Comics and Batman Inc (without the rest of the Batman run).

I see some of their art-books on very steep discounts at my local Barnes and Noble. Do some of them do really well and the rest not sell or something?
I'm not really sure to be honest. I just know that a few of the ones I have are OOP and worth a lot more than I paid (MvC for example).
Oh yeah, forgot to mention that I found out the guy I went bouldering outdoors with yesterday is a comics fan. He actually reads monthly like a crazy person, so I had nothing really to talk to him about.

He's a DC fan too.

I asked him what he thought of Frank Quitely but he was like "I really only pay attention to writers' names."

He also can't stand Grant Morrison, but he's only read Action Comics and Batman Inc (without the rest of the Batman run).
Did you ask him what he thought of Harley Quinn?

Messi

He's a DC fan too.

tumblr_lejz80ltjk1qbpt9ao1_500.gif

Careful of this person Kipp. He may be dangerous.

I vaguely recall him saying something along the lines of "Harley Quinn is literally the worst character of any medium of entertainment. Fuck Messi."

Well this person is clearly a psychopath and we should disregard everything he said.

Kipp

Careful of this person Kipp. He may be dangerous.

I gave him a pass since he'd only run Morrison's meh Action Comics run and jumped into his Batman run at the very end.

Oh, and he also said he hates Remender, but he only read SIXISIXISIXISIXIS.

I told him he's super good at cherry picking the worst runs from great writers. Haha

I only have MvC and the Mega Man 25th anniversary artbook. Expensive but worth it.

You should get them if you can find a good discount on them.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Did Drayco die? There's Kaine shitting going on and he's nowhere to be seen :(

Kipp

Never trust a man who boulders. That goes for you too.

Real talk: 99% of people who boulder are the nicest, best people ever.
I've never met so many awesome people as I have bouldering.
The only exception is this one asshole at the bouldering gym who "playfully" insults and pushes (with a hard shove) bouldering girl. And who also happens to be the roommate of one of my friends at Banana Republic who she says is a total asshole.

Real talk: 99% of people who boulder are the nicest, best people ever.
I've never met so many awesome people as I have bouldering.
The only exception is this one asshole at the bouldering gym who "playfully" insults and pushes (with a hard shove) bouldering girl. And who also happens to be the roommate of one of my friends at Banana Republic who she says is a total asshole.

Except if we really can't trust you then you're just lying about people who boulder and indeed they cannot be trusted. I'm on to you.

Man, Lumberjanes is really heating up. Brooke Allen stepped up her expression game too.
Idk if it's just because I'm current now but these back-to-back cliffhanger chapters are killing me brehs.

Yep.

Another fun example of Udon price shenanigans: the Marvel vs Capcom softcover artbook, for example, had a cover price of $45 before it went OOP. I remember Udon charging $100 for the hardcover version of the exact same book.

Well, Udon usually only sells the hardcovers at SDCC or NYCC, then when they still have copies left, sell the rest online. No way are they worth it, though.

It's only $25 with Amazon Prime. But yeah there prices are sometimes ridiculous. I payed the $100 for the MvC hardcover artbook only cuz it was the only option at the time.

$25 for four issues is like, IDW pricing. Also bad.

As far as Udon artbooks go, I like them for the most part, despite the sketchy bindings on some of them. But $100? Nah. I'll just live without it at that point.

Kipp

I didn't want to say it but this falls in line with the never trust a boulder stuff.

I think I trust boulders too much.
There was this hold like 10-15 feet up that I fully trusted but it was really thin and could've probably broken on me.
So yeah, good advice. Never trust a boulder.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Iirao.jpg

How will they serve the Ben when he's off in space with the Guardians :(

Can safely say that i've no idea whatsoever why marvel allowed Van Lente to keep writing Marvel Zombies for so long.

Also have no idea how that Deadpool volume where he keeps traipsing around with a buxom blonde and a zombiepool head managed to not only last more than a year, but also spawn that horrendous Deadpool Corps thing.

Sad thing is that it took me until Marvel Zombies 4 to finally wonder "when the fuck is the cancerverse shit gon' start?", check online, and then realize that i was reading the wrong event.

Also have no idea how that Deadpool volume where he keeps traipsing around with a buxom blonde and a zombiepool head managed to not only last more than a year, but also spawn that horrendous Deadpool Corps thing.

That was when Marvel realized how popular Deadpool was and decided to turn everything on full-blast.

Isak_Borg

Leaving the bonfire industry? Shit.
Bonfires will never be the same.

Shit I know setting fire to folks works for tons of other services but comes a point where ya go " I did it and I'm done".

Was fun while it lasted and loved workin to make shit u guys enjoyed.

Just going to get drunk this summer and read comics and play video games and read my damn books.

Kipp

Shit I know setting fire to folks works for tons of other services but comes a point where ya go " I did it and I'm done".

Was fun while it lasted and loved workin to make shit u guys enjoyed.

Just going to get drunk this summer and read comics and play video games and read my damn books.

You really are quitting though? Bummer. But I know what you mean.

Sounds like a fun summer though. Time off sounds nice.

Isak_Borg

You really are quitting though? Bummer. But I know what you mean.

Sounds like a fun summer though. Time off sounds nice.

Made enough money in buy out to live my life for awhile so no stress.

Sad I got one of my best friends a job over there and now I'm leaving.

But dudes comics are amazing and I think folks love the fuck out of u guys. I can't express how amazing the support of the comic gaf community got my through my shitty retail comics job and then this job.

I started at the bottom and now I'm here I guess.

I'll have another comic industry job at some point and have tons of friends in the industry that I'm going to try and get on gaf.

Ales will be here one day.

I want to see the CMX bombs dropped. Maybe they finally revamped organizing comics in the app, DH synced with their account ala Marvel, and who knows what.

Let's keep the E3 of dreams going!!

Edit: woah issak sorry to see you go. Who will provide the vague teases.

Isak_Borg

I want to see the CMX bombs dropped. Maybe they finally revamped organizing comics in the app, DH synced with their account ala Marvel, and who knows what.

Let's keep the E3 of dreams going!!

Edit: woah issak sorry to see you go. Who will provide the vague teases.

Can't address your list at the moment.

Top Bottom