• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

We might get 10 more readers if his entire audience follows him over. Well 5 more because the other half are already here.
Are you counting the new guy? I forgot his username but he's got that pensive Lenny avatar from the simpsons. He just read Zero and liked it!

Arrested_Development_Dozens_of_Us.gif

I told you guys about the time I went to his dinner table and said "where the fuck is ales so I can kick his ass" and I was at his table...
I have not heard this one

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Speaking of Kot, I read Material #3 right before True Detective.

One of those stories did not let me down.

E: My bad, Future Slug came through for a sec. It was Surface #3, and damn was it good.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Speaking of Kot, I read Material #3 right before True Detective.

One of those stories did not let me down.

I knew you were cool. True Detective is so good. I'll probably wait until at least half the season is done so that I can binge watch half of it at least. That's what I did with S1.

Isak_Borg

Are you counting the new guy? I forgot his username but he's got that pensive Lenny avatar from the simpsons. He just read Zero and liked it!

Arrested_Development_Dozens_of_Us.gif

I have not heard this one

We disliked each other for awhile then I got to know the dude and he's amazing,

frye

I knew you were cool. True Detective is so good. I'll probably wait until at least half the season is done so that I can binge watch half of it at least. That's what I did with S1.

I think Slug was saying the opposite of what you think he said!

Isak_Borg

Wow...what a non story. But so gracefully told.

Ugh, I was a total sick to him in person and on Twitter and he took the time out to talk to me and figure things out. Will always appreciate that.

Like this whole industry is kind of sick in the way that it's an old boys club and won't let anyone who is not cool in.

Kipp

I think Slug was saying the opposite of what you think he said!

Yeah, I got the implication. But the fact that he watched the first episode of S2 implies that he watched and enjoyed S1. That's good enough for me. Haha

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
HBO premieres were pretty disappointing. Ballers is just sports Entourage, and The Brink is Veep without the jokes.

True Detective felt very undercooked. I feel like the story didn't start happening until the last minute of the episode and all we got was a bunch of overwrought backstory.

But Taylor Kitsch did give us the most
conflicted blowjob face
that has ever graced a screen.

Kipp

Shame to hear that True Detective wasn't incredible. S1 of True Detective is one of my favorite things ever.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Shame to hear that True Detective wasn't incredible. S1 of True Detective is one of my favorite things ever.

There's still plenty of time for it to turn around, it was always going to be compared to the first season and when you're talking about one of the best seasons in recent memory it's going to come off all the worse for it.

Kipp

There's still plenty of time for it to turn around, it was always going to be compared to the first season and when you're talking about one of the best seasons in recent memory it's going to come off all the worse for it.

Yeah, definitely. I've always had low expectations for S2 since it'd be pretty hard to beat the best season of television since The Wire S1.

Messi

I am good friends with Grandharrier. Well I say friends, I hated him at first when we talked on gaf and over pm. But then we talked over steam and we smoothed things out and now we are best buds.

Ugh, I was a total sick to him in person and on Twitter and he took the time out to talk to me and figure things out. Will always appreciate that.

Like this whole industry is kind of sick in the way that it's an old boys club and won't let anyone who is not cool in.

Honestly, Kot seems like a good dude from what I can wean from his work/twitter/interviews, but its good to hear anecdotal evidence that supports that impression haha

frye

Yeah, definitely. I've always had low expectations for S2 since it'd be pretty hard to beat the best season of television since The Wire S1.

My interest in it sunk once they were all like "you know that one-director thing? how about nahhh"?

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Yeah, I got the implication. But the fact that he watched the first episode of S2 implies that he watched and enjoyed S1. That's good enough for me. Haha

Yo, I was really, really into True Detective 1. I've had these dudes up in my kitchen since last year:
Uvezg45.jpg

And as for True Detective 2: I'm sure the show will pick up in a few eps., like the first season did. I think I'm just coming in with the clicked season 1 expectations, but we're still in pre-clicked season 2. Shit will click.

That or we just blame Vince Vaughn.

Kipp

Yo, I was really, really into True Detective 1. I've had these dudes up in my kitchen since last year:

And as for True Detective 2: I'm sure the show will pick up in a few eps., like the first season did. I think I'm just coming in with the clicked season 1 expectations, but we're still in pre-clicked season 2. Shit will click.

That or we just blame Vince Vaughn.

Those are so great.

And yeah, that makes sense. I mean, even still it probably won't match S1 in the end, but I'm sure it will improve as the season goes on.

Filthy Slug

I'm probably going to start posting this all the time.

"Guys my new comic friend doesn't like Frank Quitely and claims that Millar is the greatest comic writer of all time"
XA1YWMK.gif

Oh, you just met Zombine?

Filthy Slug

My favorite post from the OT thread:
So I gave this episode a shot and wow... That shit was horrible. Everyone over acting. Each scene was unimportant and had no meaning to overall story. And Taylor Kitshc. That motherfucker was horrible. Couldn't show any emotion even when getting his dick sucked.

I'mma be following this dude's reviews as the season progresses.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
My favorite post from the OT thread:

I'mma be following this dude's reviews as the season progresses.

That's not totally true though. He showed emotion when
he was riding his motorcycle at suicide speeds,
he just looked ridiculous doing it.

I loved Tim Riggins, but I think that might have been the high point of TK's acting.

Filthy Slug

That's not totally true though. He showed emotion when
he was riding his motorcycle at suicide speeds,
he just looked ridiculous doing it.

I loved Tim Riggins, but I think that might have been the high point of TK's acting.

Yeah, the point of the bj scene was the lack of emotion/inability to get into it.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, the point of the bj scene was the lack of emotion/inability to get into it.

Yep, not many well adjusted happy characters in the True Detective Verse.

Finally started the Black Science trades that I picked up, and good golly the combination of the art and coloring are impeccable. Just a gorgeous book. Digging the story so far, too, but every time I head about the onion's layers my brain instantly fills in the onions and ogres stuff from Shrek.

Digging the story so far, too, but every time I head about the onion's layers my brain instantly fills in the onions and ogres stuff from Shrek.

That sounds like a unique issue to have. XD

The only problem I had with Black Science is the same one I had with Manhattan Projects when I read both books month to month - I would forget what happened from issue to issue because of all the sciency stuff. Both read much better in trade.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
That sounds like a unique issue to have. XD

The only problem I had with Black Science is the same one I had with Manhattan Projects when I read both books month to month - I would forget what happened from issue to issue because of all the sciency stuff. Both read much better in trade.

It's not unique to the book. Basically anytime someone mentions onions, ogres, layers or parfaits it pops up in there.

And I don't blame you, and month is a long time to keep everything straight. Especially when you're reading a bunch of other things too. Gotta love a recap page.

Top Bottom