• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

Mudcrab

New comics thread in OT. 3 posts in shitting on current Thor.

That's what happens when you start your run with God Butcher and God Bomb. Everyone expects the rest of the run to be like that the whole way through, and then get disappointed when it's not.

Messi

They feel otherwise. The comment isn't saying something like, "OMG why is Thor a girl", they're comparing one arc to another. God Bomb was pretty epic versus a slower burn on current Thor.

I never said anything about her being a girl I just disagree that it is awful. If that is the bar for an arc that is awful then there are a lot of awful arcs in comics.

Owzers

They feel otherwise. The comment isn't saying something like, "OMG why is Thor a girl", they're comparing one arc to another. God Bomb was pretty epic versus a slower burn on current Thor.

I dropped Thor's relaunch with issue 5 or 6, i thought it was a very mediocre book with a poor introduction to the new thor that felt like Aaron was wasting time.

Pls stop running back to your community hidey-hole to complain about OT. We tell you again and again to stop reading comic threads in OT cuz they're 99% terrible. If you still do it, that's your own fault, but coming back here and whining about is just annoying. And also against the rules, communities have been closed for thread whining(ask HaloGAF).

Ava DuVernay directing Black Panther

Holy crap

pls

I never said anything about her being a girl I just disagree that it is awful. If that is the bar for an arc that is awful then there are a lot of awful arcs in comics.

I'm not saying you did. I was using it as an example of what shitting on it would be like as opposed to saying this arc was great and this one is awful.

PR:
"Now, all Dark Horse Comics collections, graphic novels, and manga will be available on comiXology the same day the print versions arrive in bookstores."

No mention of single issues.

I can trade wait for as long as I need to, Dark Horse. See if I can't.

PR:
"Now, all Dark Horse Comics collections, graphic novels, and manga will be available on comiXology the same day the print versions arrive in bookstores."

No mention of single issues.

I can trade wait for as long as I need to, Dark Horse. See if I can't.

Better than nothing. I seriously used the Dark Horse app ONCE. And then never again.

robocop v terminator hd omfgggg

original coloring or new ones

frank-miller-robocopvsterminator-2-of-4-24.jpg
Screen-Shot-2014-06-30-at-6.29.25-PM.png

Tizoc

For some reason Bachalo's art is hit or miss for me, my most memorable Bachalo work is the story he drew during Morrison's X-Men run.
Don't think I've read many comics that had his art though @_@

Mindwipe

No Dark Horse single issues on CMX.

No a single one.

No fight club, no e8ght, BPRD and Hellboy are collections only.

fml

Halo: Escalation also inexplicably never got a volume 2 trade, so despite being on issue 18 you can only read up to issue 6.

I was hoping for much better execution than this tbh.

arkon

Doesn't look like Dark Horse have decided to offer drm-free backups of their stuff either.

Also the Dark Horse page gives me an error on the UK site :(

Oh well. It's a start.

Mindwipe

It's going to take a bit of sorting out though. I mean, I suppose it was too much to hope for that retrospective metadata would be super accurate, but I've got hundreds of supposedly partly read books which are on the last page...

Messi

It's going to take a bit of sorting out though. I mean, I suppose it was too much to hope for that retrospective metadata would be super accurate, but I've got hundreds of supposedly partly read books which are on the last page...

I am sitting here marking them all as read lol. Hundreds

Top Bottom