• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
I started Hellboy on the native Dark Horse app last week or so. Really great stuff but everything on Comixology is stupid expensive. The Creepy archives are $10 in the native app and $18 on Comixology!

Drayco21

Is it just Iron Man, Spider-Man, the Avengers and Strange that have been announced so far? Or have I misssed some?

All-New All-Different Avengers from Waid
The Uncanny Inhumans (Team Unknown still, but probably from Soule?)
Invincible Iron Man from Bendis
Spider-Man from Bendis
Doctor Strange from Aaron

have all been officially announced, the last three from news stories, the first two from FCBD. We know the Spider-Gwen book is still ongoing too, among a couple others just based on editor interviews and such (like, when it was stated Gwen would be jumping between the new universe in one book while spending time in her own universe in her own solo), and writing's on the wall for stuff like Bendis' Old Man Logan, but they haven't been officially announced as far as I can remember.

Tizoc

The Arkham Knight OT title is perfection.

Slightly more than two and a half hours to go! I should probably go to bed though.
B2sNrSX.gif

>=/

It's still dling for me, will try to put a few hours into it tomorrow.

Boogiepop

So, what's the scoop on Diggle Daredevil? Looks like that's what comes between Brubaker and Waid? Guessing it's not a good sign that I never see it mentioned. Just thinking since I have the run of Bendis right into Brubaker, and then I want to grab Waid in the future...

Drayco21

So, what's the scoop on Diggle Daredevil? Looks like that's what comes between Brubaker and Waid? Guessing it's not a good sign that I never see it mentioned. Just thinking since I have the run of Bendis right into Brubaker, and then I want to grab Waid in the future...

That was when Shadowland happened, right?

I remember enjoying Shadowland as a really dumb but fun ride at the time, but that was when I was first getting back into comics, and I hadn't read any Daredevil before it; I have no doubts it doesn't hold up very well.

Dont do it!

Diggle is a solid writer but that run was awful. No one should ever have to read Shadowland

Zombine

Banned
Mad Max: Furiosa was BRILLIANT. 10/10. It added so much context to the breeders and Furiosa's motives for saving them, all without going "full comic book" and it avoided breaking the rules of the film universe just because it could. Really great read.

I find myself disillusioned recently. I feel very odd right now.

This comic holding me, reminding me that I am not alone in
This comic makes me feel eternal. All this fandom is an illusion.

Mad Max: Furiosa was BRILLIANT. 10/10. It added so much context to the breeders and Furiosa's motives for saving them, all without going "full comic book" and it avoided breaking the rules of the film universe just because it could. Really great read.

WAT? Ed told me he heard it was crap. Zombeen pls.

Zombine

Banned
WAT? Ed told me he heard it was crap. Zombeen pls.

It was a quiet book that added a ton of character to the girls. Art was fucking ace and was an amazing supplement to the film. It somehow makes Fury Road even more badass, and it very clearly defines Immorten Joe as a horrible dude.

Wouldn't people want to know about the time Matt Murdock became the Marvel Universe's greatest villain? :)
haha
I remember being pretty excited about the run because Diggle has done some good work before and the art continued that gritty look but man was I disappointed

The difference between someone actually reading a comic and someone passing on second hand information.
To be fair, Freeza asked if it was worth the $5 it cost. Zombine thinks of $5 as nothing but a pittance

Zombine

Banned
To be fair, Freeza asked if it was worth the $5 it cost. Zombine thinks of $5 as nothing but a pittance

I am really particular about my books and the page count per dollar. If I feel like there aren't enough pages in a $5 book I will intentionally buy it on eBay for a dollar or two. I am admittedly a Mad Max nut after I went through and watched everything, and I have to say that if you are a fan of Mad Max (or Fury Road in particular) you get 44 pages of pure story that I feel enhances the narrative of the film. The art is glorious as well. As a film tie in this book is definitely one of the best I think I've read.

I am really particular about my books and the page count per dollar. If I feel like there aren't enough pages in a $5 book I will intentionally buy it on eBay for a dollar or two. I am admittedly a Mad Max nut after I went through and watched everything, and I have to say that if you are a fan of Mad Max (or Fury Road in particular) you get 44 pages of pure story that I feel enhances the narrative of the film. The art is glorious as well.

I heard the opposite about the art so I didnt even look at the interior art from previews.

Looking at it now, its got three artists on one issue? What is this? Axis? Art looks Maleev like in that its gritty but not great for action/motion. Michael Lark would have been a great fit. Spicer's color is nice tho

I loved the movie but Im gonna have to hear more voices praising the book before dipping in to it.

fauxtrot

Banned
According to Comic Book Resources, Noelle Stevenson is handing off her Lumberjanes co-writing duties to Kat Leyh... Shannon Watters still on as co-writer, though.

I wonder if her plate got too full thanks to Marvel and she needed to let this one go... this is just speculation on my part, obviously.

I'd love to see her on continue writing Runaways if the series lives on in some fashion post Secret Wars! Maybe she'll end up on another Marvel title as well?

Messi

According to Comic Book Resources, Noelle Stevenson is handing off her Lumberjanes co-writing duties to Kat Leyh... Shannon Watters still on as co-writer, though.

I wonder if her plate got too full thanks to Marvel and she needed to let this one go... this is just speculation on my part, obviously.

GOD DAMN IT NO.

FRIENDSHIP WAS MEANT TO BE FOREVER AND TO THE MAX

Drayco21

I'd love to see her on continue writing Runaways if the series lives on in some fashion post Secret Wars! Maybe she'll end up on another Marvel title as well?

Maybe Captain Marvel? We know KSD is finally off the book post-Secret Wars, and there's no way they'd cancel Carol's book since they're building her up to her MCU appearance.

ReAxion

It was a quiet book that added a ton of character to the girls. Art was fucking ace and was an amazing supplement to the film. It somehow makes Fury Road even more badass, and it very clearly defines Immorten Joe as a horrible dude.

I agree with this. Really liked it. Immortan Joe's origin (last issue) was good, too.

I read the preview for Furiosa and I didn't realize it was leaving important shit out. I'm never trusting a preview again.

Seriously though, here are a couple page samples of Kabuki. You can't look at these and think you don't need this book in your life.

That David Mack art. He also did the Echo books that were part of Daredevil.

I googled the series but I'm seeing black and white pages. Did they go back and recolor or did the later issues have color?

Vibranium

Banned
Woohoo, so glad Dark Horse is on Comixology! Time to buy tons and tons of Hellboy, I will make sure to show my appreciation.

But they really should put single issues up on same day release as well, hopefully that happens at some point.

Top Bottom