• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

Messi

Woohoo, so glad Dark Horse is on Comixology! Time to buy tons and tons of Hellboy, I will make sure to show my appreciation.

But they really should put single issues up on same day release as well, hopefully that happens at some point.

Its in SD tho...

fauxtrot

Banned
Maybe Captain Marvel? We know KSD is finally off the book post-Secret Wars, and there's no way they'd cancel Carol's book since they're building her up to her MCU appearance.

I assume it'll be Kelly Thompson, but I bet Noelle would do a bang-up job on Captain Marvel.

Hickman is 90% sitting around, talking, then the last page something happens, and then we get a new issue of the same boring shit. Every thing he does is the same. Just a lot of talking with one page pay off.

God damn he's the worst storyteller in Cape books. It's cool though because he set up a chair gag once in F4.

Cool i just figured out whats wrong.

Supergirl gets a comic in 90s and I come back. Loses her book and I stop caring eventually. Then she got another book with that Loeb stuff and gets me back in. Now she has no book and I'm all ehhh about them except for Jem.

Supergirl makes comics better.

Hickman is 90% sitting around, talking, then the last page something happens, and then we get a new issue of the same boring shit. Every thing he does is the same. Just a lot of talking with one page pay off.

God damn he's the worst storyteller in Cape books. It's cool though because he set up a chair gag once in F4.

so much wrong in one post

its ok Kaeptain we accept you as you are.

PsychBat!

Banned

worst storyteller?
BWAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
stahp

JC and I are united by bing bong.

Messi

I just finished reading it all. This is just not true.

I'm pretty sure that if it was a Doom fanfic then the mask wouldn't be the only thing he had removed by now.

What do you mean there are other types of fanfics?

PsychBat!

Banned
Hickman and dudes like him are the reason I dropped capes. Worst three issues I have read in years and I read Bendis's X-Men books. So glad I read my roommates comics and didn't pay for this shit.

boo_this_man_half_baked.gif

zennyzz

I like hickman's talking. I enjoy knowing why these guys are doing what they're doing and how it's going to lead into them punching each other in their faces.

SW1 did a lot to essentially nuke everything. Most of it was nothing but face punching as an end result of everything built up

SW2 established how the world of the event works

SW3 lets us know who Doom and Strange are and why Doom and strange do what they do.

I'm fine with no random face punching for face punching's sake. We're going to get it in time and it'll be great when it happens.

I like hickman's talking. I enjoy knowing why these guys are doing what they're doing and how it's going to lead into them punching each other in their faces.

I've really been enjoying the lengthy dialogues in SW. Especially in #3. There's only so much face-punching can do to move a story along.

Owzers

Secret Wars #3 had Lost pacing, take an interesting ending to #2 and end issue #3 with what the reader wanted to see to from the start, thus making them wait another issue for payoff.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Cape books...lol

I'm so edgy I only read Image or indie stuff so everything else is "cape books". Get it? Super heroes have capes? That's funny guys.

Vyer

I'm glad the publisher apps got the same updates as CMX's official one, as it's still jacked for iOS users so I'd rather avoid it whenever possible.

Though the 'unread' smart lists seem a little off for me.

Well that's terrible news

I'm literally the only person who noticed or knew this, CMX included. Support (and Isak) asked which books! How did they not know this? Kindle has been splitting two page spreads since they started selling comics.

It's every single book with a double page spread. You want me to buy and read every single one for you, guys???

Birdie legit pissed.

It's just so fucking lazy on CMXs part and negligent on DHs. They clearly only gave CMX permission to reuse Amazonk files on CMX, a platform with different display capabilities and requirements. I'd be willing to bet they provided no source files direct to CMX the way that I'm certain Marvel and DC and everyone else is required to do every week.

And I'm the only person who notices or cares about this shit. No ones going to ask CMX or DH about this. They're going to run the press release and a "Top 10 DH Books You Need To Read" list and that will be it.

I don't know who to blame here really. CMX doesn't have the bandwidth to read every page of every book, Dark Horse wants to keep being negligent wieners and not give CMX what they need to bring the books up to standard.

It's just a bunch of bullshit. All I want to do is read great comics in the best way possible, you jerks.

I tweeted Comixology Support and asked if they'll add the ability to sync DH purchases with them and they said they'd pass along the feedback. Hopefully it works out...

Messi

I'm literally the only person who noticed or knew this, CMX included. Support (and Isak) asked which books! How did they not know this? Kindle has been splitting two page spreads since they started selling comics.

It's every single book with a double page spread. You want me to buy and read every single one for you, guys???

DAAAAAAUM

HOT FIRE!!!!

I tweeted Comixology Support and asked if they'll add the ability to sync DH purchases with them and they said they'd pass along the feedback. Hopefully it works out...

I'm sure it never occurred to them during the like years between when hellboy was taken off CMX (I still have it from back in the day) and today.

I mean Jesus Christ.

Top Bottom