• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

Birdie you should really take your last couple of posts and just send them along to the major outlets. People deserve to know what they're getting, here. I know I appreciate the heads up, for one

Disappointed the DH wasn't as far as I'd want. Maybe in 5 years I'll get my comics I bought on a stupid DH sale on CMX

But I'm really liking the app update. It'll free up my disc space for sure! Cloud series browsing. Woot

tim1138

It's just so fucking lazy on CMXs part and negligent on DHs. They clearly only gave CMX permission to reuse Amazonk files on CMX, a platform with different display capabilities and requirements. I'd be willing to bet they provided no source files direct to CMX the way that I'm certain Marvel and DC and everyone else is required to do every week.

And I'm the only person who notices or cares about this shit. No ones going to ask CMX or DH about this. They're going to run the press release and a "Top 10 DH Books You Need To Read" list and that will be it.

I don't know who to blame here really. CMX doesn't have the bandwidth to read every page of every book, Dark Horse wants to keep being negligent wieners and not give CMX what they need to bring the books up to standard.

It's just a bunch of bullshit. All I want to do is read great comics in the best way possible, you jerks.

So what you're saying is stick with the Kindle versions of Hellboy I bought last year when they were all on sale for $4/each until CMX gets their shit straightened out. The lack of single issues is annoying, but this is pretty inexcusable. It sucks you spent a bunch of money on second tier releases, but at least you can make people aware of the issues.

Decided to chill with the advocacy for the night and just read some of these dang comics. Damn the shit looks so good. Empowered in HD is incredible. Smudge marks, you can see all the pencil line variation. God damn.

And that BPRD. Damn damn damn. I love comics.

As terrible as DH's app is, at least they offer very good sales on digital books. I got volumes 1-8 of Empowered for like $30 or something crazy last year.

Isak_Borg

Every single book with a double page spread, bro. I'd almost guarantee it. I saw it in fifth Beatle and Plague of frogs vol 1, but you guys got a shit load of reading to do.

Anyone here have evidence of a DH double page spread that actually works?

I personally did Q.A on those books and informed folks.

Don't work there anymore so not sure what they did with my notes.

So what is the cream of the crop Dark Horse books to check out??
Never read em myself, but Hellboy and BPRD seem like top tier reading. I'm looking to get into them myself but I need to figure out how I wanna buy these things.

Other than that, I've heard great things about Usagi Yojimbo, Grendel, and Groo the Wanderer. Empowered is fun too if you can tolerate some lewd art and all that.
I personally did Q.A on those books and informed folks.

Don't work there anymore so not sure what they did with my notes.

God bless you Isak

Man I hope down the road we get good DH sales on those. Those bundle discounts aren't enough for me to digital double dip...yet. And I hope the issues Birdie found get sorted out.

Loving the new app though. Great additions

Zombeen was right, Mad Max: Furiosa #1 is pretty great. :O

The art is gritty, as was mentioned, but it fits perfectly with the Mad Max world. Story is dark at times, if you've seen the movie you can guess specifically what it entails.

Isak_Borg

Never read em myself, but Hellboy and BPRD seem like top tier reading. I'm looking to get into them myself but I need to figure out how I wanna buy these things.

Other than that, I've heard great things about Usagi Yojimbo, Grendel, and Groo the Wanderer. Empowered is fun too if you can tolerate some lewd art and all that.

God bless you Isak

Dude, tons of folks worked really hard for this shit and spent weekends going though it and making notes.

I know on your guys end it looks like easy as cake but this was a huge effort by a lot of people to make sure this could happen.

It's not as easy as shit just transferring and done.

We worked really hard to make sure you guys got the best possible and it's just not DH but every single book has someone working their ass behind it.

Owzers

Dude, tons of folks worked really hard for this shit and spent weekends going though it and making notes.

I know on your guys end it looks like easy as cake but this was a huge effort by a lot of people to make sure this could happen.

It's not as easy as shit just transferring and done.

We worked really hard to make sure you guys got the best possible and it's just not DH but every single book has someone working their ass behind it.

making cake isn't easy, i can never get it to be as fluffy as i want :/

Zombine

Banned
Zombeen was right, Mad Max: Furiosa #1 is pretty great. :O

The art is gritty, as was mentioned, but it fits perfectly with the Mad Max world. Story is dark at times, if you've seen the movie you can guess specifically what it entails.

Didn't it just feel like a deleted or extended scene? It never felt as if they took any sort of comic book liberties with the characters and they read almost identical to their film counterpart. I would consider it essential reading for fans of Fury Road.

Didn't it just feel like a deleted or extended scene? It never felt as if they took any sort of comic book liberties with the characters and they read almost identical to their film counterpart. I would consider it essential reading for fans of Fury Road.

It definitely fit perfectly with the film's story. And I usually hate prequel material because it feels like a cash-grab, but this fleshes out some things we only had a vague sense of because of the point in the story they chose to begin the film. Some of it was pretty dark.
Pustules.... EEEEWWWWWWWWWW

Isak_Borg

It's not on CMX to make DH look like they actually gave you guys what you needed. No doubt you did what you could.

Not to go hard for them because not a huge fan but folks work really hard everyday to give you guys the best experience possible.

Like folks are working til 8-9 at night to make sure shit is perfect for u guys.

I know it sucks but it'll most likely be updated asap.

Zombine

Banned
Some of it was pretty dark.
Pustules.... EEEEWWWWWWWWWW

I mean we all thought the same thing in the theater, right? They just kind of confirmed how unpleasant it is. Basically, fuck Immorten Joe. Book doesn't leave much room for the debate that he was a "good guy" or whatever. He's very much an evil piece of shit.

I mean we all thought the same thing in the theater, right? They just kind of confirmed how unpleasant it is. Basically, fuck Immorten Joe. Book doesn't leave much room for the debate that he was a "good guy" or whatever. He's very much an evil piece of shit.

Still, it's one thing to have it heavily implied and another to see the events immediately preceding it.

Zombine

Banned
Still, it's one thing to have it heavily implied and another to see the events immediately preceding it.

I still wish this wasn't left out of the film. It seems borderline critical to the development of the breeders, and it adds a lot of depth to characters that people criticized for being too shallow.

I still wish this wasn't left out of the film. It seems borderline critical to the development of the breeders, and it adds a lot of depth to characters that people criticized for being too shallow.

It's the main motivation for a major aspect of the film, it probably should have been included. But it was what? Pushing two hours as it was? Maybe there's more that we'll see in the blu-ray release. That said, I really hope that they
elaborate more on Furiosa's past, whether it be in comics or otherwise. They dropped some interesting breadcrumbs in this comic.

Drayco21

Kaine has a bigger chance of getting another ongoing than Cain

Kaine

csubi6m.jpg

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Latest X-Force volume is so fucked, I love it. Fantomex fans
will be piiiissed tho

Owzers

CMX took away my best experience possible a while back.

I look forward to your first fluffy cake/10 rating.

I've been sticking to baking banana bread lately, i haven't read any comics that can reach that tier quite yet.

I only just now, at level 32 in Witcher 3, unlocked Rend by not continually hoarding 15 skill points. Figured better now than after the game ends.....and I wish i got this skill sooner. I'm mainly using Yrden/Quen/Axii and then Strong attacks. I want to use Ignii signs because the graphical effects are neat but it didn't seem to do too much damage and i skipped it...

Owzers

That is a nice drawing ed, i'd like to say it's the best thing that involves Wicked and Divine but i do like the books art too.

I want to read my Starfire #1 issue but i'm afraid i'm going to hate it.

Cheska

Sorry guys, Ive been abducted by squidkids.
Splatoon is amazing, get it guys!

So disappointing that the Dark Horse comics are in SD, I was looking forward to picking up Harrow County :(

Top Bottom