• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

Owzers

Only if you hate fun and happiness....

...Yeah, you'll hate it.

I'm hoping it's more Harley and Ivy levels of fun and less Harley new 52.

I'll probably be wrong.

edit: edited whole post to be less mean towards Harley....

Ill start with all the Bendis books

how many twix would you rate it?

I think it would be like golf scoring if it were in twixes, nobody wants a high twix count. DC couldn't even show two twix bars on the same page.

That is a nice drawing ed, i'd like to say it's the best thing that involves Wicked and Divine but i do like the books art too.

I want to read my Starfire #1 issue but i'm afraid i'm going to hate it.

Honestly, if I were you, I'd hold off. Seems like the book is gonna take a little while to get its bearings, don't want to get turned off too early.

I'm hoping it's more Harley and Ivy levels of fun and less Harley new 52.

I'll probably be wrong.

edit: edited whole post to be less mean towards Harley....

Seriously, though. Starfire is great. She's more like her Teen Titans cartoon iteration than the New 52 sexpot that DC turned her into. And the art is fantastic, too. Emanuela Lupacchino is the artist, if I'm remembering correctly. She has a style similar to Rocafort's. Better, if we're being honest.

ReiGun

Still reading Squirrel Girl. The moment in issue four
when Galactus gives her the trading card
...fam.

My damn heart melted. The feels.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Just read Guardians #21... not gonna lie, kinda all sorts of into Flash using the symbiote as a hooded cloak :p

4217477-gargal2013021_int2-3.jpg

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Uuuugh. I'm so hopelessly addicted to climbing.

It's seriously the best thing that's ever happened to me.

Comics are cool too though.

Seriously, though. Starfire is great. She's more like her Teen Titans cartoon iteration than the New 52 sexpot that DC turned her into. And the art is fantastic, too. Emanuela Lupacchino is the artist, if I'm remembering correctly. She has a style similar to Rocafort's. Better, if we're being honest.
Better than Rocafort? Fam you speaking the devil's lies. Also all she did was bang Roy and no one else really.

Vibranium

Banned
So apparently, a maybe/maybe not employee of WB has been posting and lurking on GAF damage controlling Arkham Knight PC. Makes me wonder how many DC/Marvel employees may be around here. I still regret nothing I have ever posted! :D

Well, maybe about Dan DiDio's bald head, but hey, you can't be perfect.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So apparently, an employee of WB has been posting and lurking on GAF damage controlling Arkham Knight. Makes me wonder how many DC/Marvel employees may lurk around here. I still regret nothing! I have ever posted :D

I admit it, I work for Marvel :(

Rhaknar

I knew it! Also, clearly Messi is the true brains behind Harley Quinn, Jimmy and Amanda get all their ideas from him. :p

Just the other day I was in a meeting pitching a Kaine ongoing for my buddy Drayco, but they all laughed at me :/

Bendis took his balls out and rubbed them on Scarlet Spider #1 which I thought was unprofessional really :(

Vibranium

Banned
Just the other day I was in a meeting pitching a Kaine ongoing for my buddy Drayco, but they all laughed at me :/

Bendis took his balls out and rubbed them on Scarlet Spider #1 which I thought was unprofessional really :(

Well at least Bendis didn't burn a dummy resembling you like fellow past employees did to Jim Shooter. Still, nobody wants to see Bendis Balls. :(

So apparently, a maybe/maybe not employee of WB has been posting and lurking on GAF damage controlling Arkham Knight PC. Makes me wonder how many DC/Marvel employees may be around here. I still regret nothing I have ever posted! :D

Well, maybe about Dan DiDio's bald head, but hey, you can't be perfect.

I chuckle at Dan Didio secretly being on GAF.

Drayco21

I don't know what hurts more; the fact that we'll never see another Kaine ongoing, or the fact that Bendis' Guardians is still ongoing and Cosmic Marvel is dead.

Tizoc

I wake up, lurk gaf for a bit and then I learn about Batman Arkham Knight on PC.
1297448421478_ORIGINAL.jpg

Well at least I can unlock the framerate, let's see if my lappy can run this with good graphics :V

Rhaknar

hating on the GOAT artist? I shake my head at your sir

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Bought the first volume of Lone Wolf & Cub on the Dark Horse Father's Day sale. 266 pages for $3. I'm about 2/3 of the way through and am enjoying it. It can be sort of difficult to tell what is going on in some of the panels because of all the action but it looks really nice and I enjoy the short-form story format.

Ogami Ittō is of course the always-competent badass who is ready for any situation, and those can be fun to follow.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Bachalo is one of my favourite artists. Absolutely fantastic work. Well on board, even thought I haven't read any Doctor Strange books before.

In the midst of a swell conversation with CMX customer support. I feel like as much as it's a hassle, as long as I, or anyone else, takes the time to report broken spreads, they're going to fix them. Guess that's all I can really ask.

I wake up, lurk gaf for a bit and then I learn about Batman Arkham Knight on PC.

Well at least I can unlock the framerate, let's see if my lappy can run this with good graphics :V

It sounds awful on all accounts, the preload starting sunday night and keys going out Monday effectively screwed me over playing it. Hopefully they come out with a patch before my preloading is done. It seems like most of the issues are on SLI and Nvidia, though it could be just that not a whole lot of AMD users are on neogaf.

Top Bottom