• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

Dark Horse recommendations - Blacksad, Lone Wolf and Cub, Fear Agent, The Goon (!),
Is Martha Washington on CMX? Couldn't find it in the search. I should also try Empowered.

Started reading Gillen's Thor as a prologue to JIM on jon bones' suggestion. (Decided to read starting from 604). Quite decent but didn't have that immediate hook for me that JIM #622 did.

Bought the first volume of Lone Wolf & Cub on the Dark Horse Father's Day sale. 266 pages for $3. I'm about 2/3 of the way through and am enjoying it. It can be sort of difficult to tell what is going on in some of the panels because of all the action but it looks really nice and I enjoy the short-form story format.

Ogami Ittō is of course the always-competent badass who is ready for any situation, and those can be fun to follow.

Some of the greatest comics/manga ever written.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Dark Horse recommendations - Blacksad, Lone Wolf and Cub, Fear Agent, The Goon (!),
Is Martha Washington on CMX? Couldn't find it in the search. I should also try Empowered.

Started reading Gillen's Thor as a prologue to JIM on jon bones' suggestion. (Decided to read starting from 604). Quite decent but didn't have that immediate hook for me that JIM #622 did.

yeah, it's just to add color to some of the main players of JiM (Hela, Disir, Mephisto, etc.)

it makes the fantastic emotional payoffs even better

Tizoc

By Vada's light, the final issue of Annihilator is out tomorrow!

Well shit, all this time I thought I missed reading it lol.

What's Morrison up to right now? Nameless seems to have been delayed and now Annihilator's last issue is releasing months after the last one @_@

What's Morrison up to right now? Nameless seems to have been delayed and now Annihilator's last issue is releasing months after the last one @_@

Wonder Woman Earth One/Trial of Diana Prince?

GAF-Crisis

Messi vs Zombine vs Freeza vs JC

etc

Mindwipe

Dark Horse recs: Umbrella Academy, Mind MGMT (though the lovely print hardbacks for that are dirt cheap), Empowered.

The CMX release list for Dark Horse yesterday seems to have a lot more titles in it than are actually available in app (Halo Escalation vol 2 is listed for example but not available).

Finally, my library is adding Harley Quinn volumes. In about 2 months, I'll know which side of the line I will be on.

In other news, I was actually considering getting Batman. But the poor PC port and online DRM has put me off. (Some of the gameplay vids I've seen don't make it look that hot either).

tim1138

From what I can gather, the delays on both books have been on the art side, not due to him.

zennyzz

CH8YOMPWUAApyQJ.jpg

Chris Ward

Matt Wilson

tim1138

Aha, well I shouldn't complain in this case; remember Morrison's X-Men run? :p

As frustrating as delays are (and lord knows I complain about them as much as anyone), not having to worry about crappy fill in art to get the book out on time is nice.

It is generic shooting I admit. What makes it fun is how immersive it is. The sound on my surround sound setup was amazing. Hearing all the mechanics and engine sounds.

See for me, I play a Batman game to be Batman. Not drive around in a tank blowing up other tanks. All the gameplay videos of the Batmobile to me have looked boring and not what I want out of a Batman game. I'd take 20 hours of the Detective mode stuff from Arkham Origins over 30 minutes of the Batmobile gameplay I've seen.

jon bones

I feel the opposite, the Batmobile stuff looks terrible to me.

In other news, I was actually considering getting Batman. But the poor PC port and online DRM has put me off. (Some of the gameplay vids I've seen don't make it look that hot either).

It is generic shooting I admit. What makes it fun is how immersive it is. The sound on my surround sound setup was amazing. Hearing all the mechanics and engine sounds.

I've only played for about an hour, but I agree with Korupt. Driving the Batmobile feels great, and the combat is satisfying. I imagine it'll get more complex as I unlock upgrades, too.

The actual Batman stuff is as good as it's ever been - with a smooth framerate and top notch graphics/art design to match.

Well worth the wait for this game, that much is clear.

Whatever happened to that Silver Age Batman game they were supposedly developing? Turned out to be just a bullsh*t rumor? That would be the only way to get me to play an Arkham game after City.

Most of the reviews have flat out stated that the Batmobile mechanics never change, and that for the majority of the game you fight the exact same drones over and over again. I have the game arriving in the mail today, but I really wish they carried over Detective Mode from Origins instead of the Batmobile. I want to be Batman, not a tank.

jon bones

Most of the reviews have flat out stated that the Batmobile mechanics never change, and that for the majority of the game you fight the exact same drones over and over again. I have the game arriving in the mail today, but I really wish they carried over Detective Mode from Origins instead of the Batmobile. I want to be Batman, not a tank.

There seems to be plenty of solo Batman stuff, too.

I'm a sucker for cars / well controlled driving bits, though, so I understand if it doesn't appeal to others like it does for me.

I really just want to go home and play. Gonna be a long day in the office.

But Batman owns a billion dollar automobile/tank, so you are being Batman inside of his machine. Come on, the Batmobile has every bit of Batman history as his detective work.

Boogiepop

Sorry guys, Ive been abducted by squidkids.
Splatoon is amazing, get it guys!

So disappointing that the Dark Horse comics are in SD, I was looking forward to picking up Harrow County :(
I can confirm that squidkid is a dangerous drug. My addiction has cost me all my gaming time since it came out.

Also, after a good bit of back and forth I ordered the Annihilation: Conquest omnibus off of IST. Still need to figure out what I'm doing about the original Annihilation, though. Currently figure I'll just read it on MU for now, and then when my next local con comes around hope I can get lucky digging around for it... Or maybe they'll announce complete collections or something nice like that in the meantime.

zennyzz

alright

MCU 55-60 run off

Avengers(Waid)
Ironman(Bendis)
Spiderman[Morales](Bendis)
Dr. Strange (Aaron)
Venom[hinted](Hawthorne)
Drax(C.M. Punk)
Inhumans(Soule?)
A-force(?)
Squadron Supreme(?)
Howling Commandos(?)
Gamora(?)
Moon Knight[hinted](Latour)

43-48 remaining (Not sure if weird world counts as an MU line up)

Here at Marvel we don't just make the pizza, we have to market and sell the pizza. Sometimes that means we need to convince someone that the pizza they're thinking of eating is the first out of the oven and the not day old, stale pizza.

Here at Marvel we don't just make the pizza, we have to market and sell the pizza. Sometimes that means we need to convince someone that the pizza they're thinking of eating is the first out of the oven and the not day old, stale pizza.

But what about the temporal valuation of day old pizza.

No I'm saying that Marvel thinks if there isn't a #1 on the cover you won't buy it. They're doing zero volumes of what is actually the first volume so they can do first volumes for the October relaunches.

Look, we both know it's only a matter of time before all Marvel releases are issue #1s.

zennyzz

No I'm saying that Marvel thinks if there isn't a #1 on the cover you won't buy it. They're doing zero volumes of what is actually the first volume so they can do first volumes for the October relaunches.

but if they love #1 why don't they call it volume 1?

I'm pretty damn sure issue numbers don't matter, to what they're going to title the volume.

And even if they do, Who gives a flying fuck? It's a number.

It's not the 90s, issue valuation is nothing other than marking milestones and jump on points.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Look, we both know it's only a matter of time before all Marvel releases are issue #1s.

I bet we go to renumbering with each storyline like they sort of did for The Trial of Jean Grey. That way they get a number one every five or six months until it's time for a special hundred digit issue.

jon bones

i like the re-numbering but even if i didn't, as long as Marvel keeps putting out god-tier comics like Ms. Marvel they can do whatever they want

Top Bottom