• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

ReAxion

I support renumbering.

We all refer to arcs & team runs - why not make them as easy as possible to pick out without memorizing that the good Green Arrow run is number whatever.

I support renumbering.

We all refer to arcs & team runs - why not make them as easy as possible to pick out without memorizing that the good Green Arrow run is number whatever.

How does that change which volumes you'd recommend to people? If volumes 3-5 are great, 6 is shit, 7 is OK and 9-10 are great, you're still going to have to say which ones to get.

In a #1-12 world that resets every year you're going to have to start doing dumb shit like saying, "Oh you want #7-12 from 2014, not #7-12 from 2015." Instead of being able to say, #18-24.

ReAxion

Will my ps4 blow up if I plug it in on holiday?

No. Internal universal 100-240V.

Just need the right plug.

How does that change which volumes you'd recommend to people? If volumes 3-5 are great, 6 is shit, 7 is OK and 9-10 are great, you're still going to have to say which ones to get.

In a #1-12 world that resets every year you're going to have to start doing dumb shit like saying, "Oh you want #7-12 from 2014, not #7-12 from 2015." Instead of being able to say, #18-24.

Now you've changed from issues to volumes, which is still easier.

Relaunch already?

Yes.

Newsarama: SPIDER-GWEN Returns With New #1 Post-SECRET WARS

IGN is reporting that Marvel is relaunching the Spider-Gwen series for the "All-New All-Different Marvel" era post-Secret Wars. Series writer Jason Latour and artist Robbi Rodriguez are returning to the book, and as Latour explains it not much has changed for Spider-Gwen despite Secret Wars multiverse-spanning storyline.

"The aim with this first couple of issues is to give folks who are new an entry point into Gwen’s world but to also fill in a little back story for people who’ve been with us awhile," said Latour. "So with that in mind we begin with Gwen discovering that someone has re-created Peter Parker’s Lizard formula. This of course is a terrible realization for her, in that becoming The Lizard is what killed Peter and branded Gwen a fugitive. So as she sets out to figure out just who is behind all of this she’s torn between her chances to clear her name and the great debt of responsibility she feels toward Peter’s legacy. It’s a story that will take Gwen down memory lane a little and we’ll see just how a lot of this came to pass."

Latour goes on to say that threads from the previous volume's first arc, "Most Wanted?" will be picked up on in the renumbered Spider-Gwen series, with editor Nick Lowe adding that the series will explore more about what happened to Peter Parker in this universe.

Well. You're probably not going to be able to recommend #18-24 of any Marvel book these days since most of them get cancelled before that.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Well. You're probably not going to be able to recommend #18-24 of any Marvel book these days since most of them get cancelled before that.

I don't mind great shorter runs. Worked great for Spectacular Foes of Spider-Man, Gillen's Young Avengers, Kot's Secret Avengers.

It's like with TV shows, ones with shorter seasons have better pacing than full 22 episode ones.

Why even number it at all? Just go magazine style, month and year.

On the one hand, if stuff actually came out monthly rather than more or less often then there would be merit to this. On the other hand, it still doesn't do much to solve indicating extra good places to start. Also, it's not exactly unheard of for magazines to have issue numbers as well. Also also, floppies are technically magazines.

Tizoc

WTF WB
WHAT THE FUCK

BATMAN AK CUT SCENES RUN AT 50 FPS, THE GAME RUNS AT 20 FPS FOR ME.

THIS GAME WAS IN DEVELOPMENT FOR LIKE 2 YEARS, HOW CAN YOU FUCK THIS UP ON PC?!

...Shadow of Mordor ran really good on my laptop: High settings+30 FPS lock and the game performed admirably, why couldn't you get the people who did the Moredoors PC port to work on Bats? You even promoted the damn thing via NVidia...

I'm real worried about Mad Max and I game mostly on my laptop now, ugh.

WTF WB
WHAT THE FUCK

...Shadow of Mordor ran really good on my laptop: High settings+30 FPS lock and the game performed admirably, why couldn't you get the people who did the Moredoors PC port to work on Bats? You even promoted the damn thing via NVidia...

More like in dev for 4 years or so.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
more like PC version was in development for 4 days, they just cut-and.pasted the PS4 files and then said "wait, thats NOT how your port games?"

PC version of Arkham Knight is All-New Hawkeye tier, lookin flabby and sick out the game. Alfred need to patch Bruce up pronto.

Meanwhile, DMC4 beckons

WTF WB
WHAT THE FUCK

The problem with the PC Master Race is that no race is perfect.

That's why I have everything! Of course, the review copy they sent over was for PS4.

Tizoc

When the minimum system requirements cite desktop-class chips, they're telling you not to game on a laptop.

I'm used to laptops now, mainly as I can carry them around easy.

I feel rude for saying that. Don't game on laptops. They're nerfed on purpose.

Nah most previous gen games run and look GREAT on my laptop; DmC 2013, Sleepy Dawgs, Moredoors to name a few.

PC version of Arkham Knight is All-New Hawkeye tier, lookin flabby and sick out the game. Alfred need to patch Bruce up pronto.

Meanwhile, DMC4 beckons

4 hours to go til it finishes downloading on my end =3

Probably because I only really started reading comics with the New 52, but huge issue counts just look weird to me. Like, I see people talking about Journey into Mystery 622 and it's just like... whoa.

Probably because I only really started reading comics with the New 52, but huge issue counts just look weird to me. Like, I see people talking about Journey into Mystery 622 and it's just like... whoa.

Yeah, I don't doubt that there's metrics they can look at that show #1s just plain sell better.

It always helped put into perspective just how long lasting these things have been when you're holding an issue of Action Comics in your hand that's in the 800 to 900s.

tim1138

JiM isn't the best example though as it's definitely had some renumbering shenanigans. Of those 650 or so issues, only about 200 are actually titled Journey into Mystery. The first volume morphed into the Mighty Thor after 120 issues and there was a 20 or so issue second volume. They then brought the title back a couple of times for short runs and merged the numbering with Thor before spinning it off again in 2010.

MG310

Hasbro's other SDCC exclusive is pretty good.
Hasbro-Marvel-SDCC-Exclusive-AntMan_open.jpg

Especially since they already released the blue Goliath costume at 12 inches and the red one at 6 inches.

Top Bottom