• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

JiM isn't the best example though as it's definitely had some renumbering shenanigans. Of those 650 or so issues, only about 200 are actually titled Journey into Mystery. The first volume morphed into the Mighty Thor after 120 issues and there was a 20 or so issue second volume. They then brought the title back a couple of times for short runs and merged the numbering with Thor before spinning it off again in 2010.

I had no idea about any of that. It's just that 600 is a really weird number to see on a comic.

I am newb.

Anyway, feeling extra good about my decision to go console with Arkham Knight. Gamefly now, buy on steam later when all the bugs are ironed out, the DLC is all included, and it's on sale. Win/win/win!

I had no idea about any of that. It's just that 600 is a really weird number to see on a comic.

I am newb.

Anyway, feeling extra good about my decision to go console with Arkham Knight. Gamefly now, buy on steam later when all the bugs are ironed out, the DLC is all included, and it's on sale. Win/win/win!

I'm very excited to buy it on a digi sale for like $30

Five Ghosts Deluxe HC up on IST. Time for another order.

Don Rosa Artists Edition is up too. $125. 0% Discount. :/

What is Five Ghosts? Is it a book of comic strips?

I'm debating putting in an order myself. I need to buy that Grayson hardcover, and there's another book I was looking at.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Having not read the comic or seen the movie, I can safely say that it's a stupid article since you can't actually retroactively ruin anything.

Agreed. It's like when people say that the last episode of Lost meant that they'd "wasted the last six years of their lives".

I'm going to print out that web page and use it for toilet paper.

That's okay. Io9 will be gone when Hulk Hogan is done legally fucking Gawker media.

Fair, but presumably scratchy. Gawker as a whole is pretty gross, but I don't usually mind io9 as much. I mostly just read Charlie Jane Anders and Rob Bricken.

What is Five Ghosts? Is it a book of comic strips?

I'm debating putting in an order myself. I need to buy that Grayson hardcover, and there's another book I was looking at.

Ongoing pulp adventure comic. Wouldn't call it brilliant but pretty good fun if you like the genre.

https://imagecomics.com/comics/series/five-ghosts

Do we blame Disney or IDW?

Those Artist editions never have discounts on IST

Yeah, the others are at 0% too. Even my 2% discount does not apply. I guess I never noticed before because I've never been interested in them before. I might skip this one. Collecting all would be about $375. And I will have a decent copy in the Fantagraphcis collections anyway.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Image series that are currently confirmed for tv adaptations: Chew, Wicked + Divine, Lazarus and Southern Bastards. Am I missing any?

Caught up with Lazarus vol 3. Dat sword fight.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
My praise is not invalidated by Gawker Media.

I believe you all over them, but I've seen it in a couple places so I figured I'd ask while I try to distract myself waiting for UPS to get here with Batman.

I'm moving more toward digital with games, but when it comes to games in series, I like to have them all in the same format.

Owzers

Really can't wait for the Mad Max Blu Ray. Definitely film of the year so far.

as someone who doesn't go to movie theaters, i too want it to come to blu ray asap :/

that, Jurassic World, and Avengers. I am going to guess that Mad Max is the only great movie out to the three though by trailers/movie reception. Ex Machina and It Follows are blu rayed in July, so that's something.

ReAxion

as someone who doesn't go to movie theaters, i too want it to come to blu ray asap :/

that, Jurassic World, and Avengers. I am going to guess that Mad Max is the only great movie out to the three though by trailers/movie reception. Ex Machina and It Follows are blu rayed in July, so that's something.

Saw Mad Max 3 times, the others just once each. Didn't see Ex Machina or It Follows tho.

ReAxion

Judging by reactions from people I know, this is some pretty valid criticism.

But sure, let's point and laugh at Gawker, anyway. :p

I'll point out where it starts to go off the rails:

They never fall into the cliché of female-infighting between either themselves or Furiosa; they all work together for the good of the group.

Not only is story-telling economy a thing, but that's flat out wrong. It only goes on with its wrongness from there.

Nudull

Banned
I'll point out where it starts to go off the rails:

Not only is story-telling economy a thing, but that's flat out wrong. It only goes on with its wrongness from there.

I've yet to see the movie myself, but the in-fighting/"women not getting along" cliché is very much a thing, and the film seemed to have very largely avoided that.

Hellboyverse sketchbook sections in the trades are so good. Kinda glad this whole CMX/DH thing made me switch over.

I cannot recommend Devil's Engine/Long Death enough. Best sketchbook stuff like EVER.

Coketruck

Hey folks,

I'm trying to remember the name of a comic I read years ago (early-mid 90s), but I'm drawing a blank and Google's not getting me anywhere.

It was a Spider-Man comic (I guess) that I glanced through; didn't actually read the whole thing. In the end, Spider-Man was shot (maybe by Kingpin?) and said something to the effect of "Huh... Always wondered if I was bullet proof... Guess not" and then died. The final page was a shot of a group of Marvel heroes (Captain America, Wolverine, Iron Man, etc.) standing together and pledging to continue their fight in Spider-Man's honor, while Spider-Man's giant, transparent, floating head looked down on them from the sky above.

So, does anybody remember this? I'm pretty sure I didn't make this up, but I've never been able to find anything relating to it.

Messi

I actually saw the Harley Quinn one in person today at Gamestop. She came out really well, which isn't something you can often say about Funko.

It's like bprd and hb in hd had an hd robot baby named bprdhbHD.

I would never say that about funko. Their quality control is dog shit. Glad to hear it looks good.

Top Bottom