• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

Image series that are currently confirmed for tv adaptations: Chew, Wicked + Divine, Lazarus and Southern Bastards. Am I missing any?

Rat Queens has a cartoon in development.

Jesus! 4 DLC codes for Arkham Knight AND a 3.5GB update? AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Didn't even get the Harley DLC with my free copy. Profound sadness.

At least since the PC version's broken I can finally play Witcher III now.

I've yet to see the movie myself, but the in-fighting/"women not getting along" cliché is very much a thing, and the film seemed to have very largely avoided that.
Go see the movie! :)

The brides *do* work together but they're not always on the same page.

For example
one of them tries to go back to immortan joe

Ordered Wytches trade. Snyder can at least do interesting openings. Just gotta jump off for the final act, then it becomes an info dump like the ending of a Harry Potter book.

Ugh. I got Harley, Red Hood, Scarecrow Nightmare missions and the PS exclusive skins. Everything but the skins are like, 1.2 GB each. FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU

Amazon got them info broker connections. Sometimes when the first issue of a new series is out they already got the release date of the trade or hardcover ready for pre-order at an early low price.
Really? To me Amazon hasn't been competitive on price for a long time. It's all about convenience with them and getting your order shipped quickly. Their manga prices are like five percent off MSRP too.

Really? To me Amazon hasn't been competitive on price for a long time. It's all about convenience with them and getting your order shipped quickly. Their manga prices are like five percent off MSRP too.
I usually find the good prices on indie books. Just recently I bought ApocalyptiGirl for $7.99 when the original price is $9.99.

Owzers

Starfire #1: I finally saw the twix ad for myself and it is amazing.

Also i don't like this book at all and am struggling to finish reading its blandness.

Rat Queens has a cartoon in development.

WHAT!?

Also...the Hellboy stuff on CMX...

This may be dumb but is that first volume his first appearance, or at least the earliest stuff they have now on CMX or did he "originate" in another Dark HOrse book? I have no idea but i really wanna read some...even though i have 6 volumes of Hellblazer and 2-3 books of Lucifer left...and those are just the big ones...

The backlog life...

WHAT!?

This may be dumb but is that first volume his first appearance, or at least the earliest stuff they have now on CMX or did he "originate" in another Dark HOrse book? I have no idea but i really wanna read some...even though i have 6 volumes of Hellblazer and 2-3 books of Lucifer left...and those are just the big ones...

The backlog life...

Just follow this. Hellboy vol. 1 is indeed where you start.
http://www.multiversitycomics.com/annotations/mignolaversity-reading-order-2015/

ReAxion

I've yet to see the movie myself, but the in-fighting/"women not getting along" cliché is very much a thing, and the film seemed to have very largely avoided that.

It doesn't matter if it's a cliche, the author asserts a falsehood. And the comic is bad because... it's an extension of the same thing that the author claimed didn't happen in the movie? This is why we say "oh, Gawker" - it's not outright dismissal of criticisms, it's seeking an explanation for the stupidity.

WHAT!?

The backlog life...

His first appearances are within Hellboy vol. 1. The bulk of the trade is the first Hellboy miniseries, although it also contains the first two one-off Hellboy stories.

Messi

Starfire #1: I finally saw the twix ad for myself and it is amazing.

Also i don't like this book at all and am struggling to finish reading its blandness.

I can't even feign surprise anymore.

I see Yale Stewart is looking for his fans to give him 1000 dollars on go fund me so he can buy a new laptop.

I like how over the course of a worthwhile history lesson it turns into anti-cape pro indie comics, lol.

Marvel comics and DC comics are designed to appeal to the broadest constituency. This means stories that are simple. It’s good vs. evil, and it’s easy to tell who is who. Problems are literally solved with the heroes’ fists. Might makes right. The bad guys are criminals—often thieves stealing valuable properties from the ruling class. Superhero comics appeal to adolescent ideas of powerlessness—they provide a fantasy outlet for the bullied boy in the basement. But post-adolescence, their value is mainly nostalgia. To me, they aren’t a useful genre for creating subtle, sophisticated works of art. They are indeed deliberately not subtle.

Marvel and DC have mostly been dead to me since 1983.

Im not a Carol Danvers fan but her new series post-SW sounds WAY better than the KSD run. I might actually read it. Also interesting that S.W.O.R.D. doesn't exist in the new marvel universe indicating that this is definitely not just 616 universe again.

Im not a Carol Danvers fan but her new series post-SW sounds WAY better than the KSD run. I might actually read it. Also interesting that S.W.O.R.D. doesn't exist in the new marvel universe indicating that this is definitely not just 616 universe again.

Wonder if this means the Captain Marvel movie will bridge Avengers to GotG, universe-wise

Nudull

Banned

Well, considering that S.W.O.R.D. is largely X-Men related...

I've downloaded all the Arkham DLC to get it out the way. By the time I've finished the Witcher, hopefully it will have finished downloading all six hundred pieces of DLC.

Messi

As someone who doesn't like a thing Scott Snyder writes, is Wytches worth $5 for Jock's art?

I don't think so. If you don't like anything Snyder does I don't think the art is standout enough to hold it up. That said I do like the art.

Only 6 hours left until I can play Arkham. Love these shit psn speeds. fuck sake.

so this ghostbusters series is good?

i like the art

I own the a few trades and...eh...

My problem with the series is that Burnham is unnecessarily beholden to the movies. Almost every page (in the first 8 issues) has a reference to something that happened in the movies instead of the story having its own comedy beats or character moments. Yeah, I love the movies too, but I don't need to be constantly reminded why. I bought a Ghostbuster comic, the hard sell is already done, bruh. As well, most of the stories just end rather than have endings.

That said, the art is fabulous.

as someone who doesn't go to movie theaters, i too want it to come to blu ray asap :/

that, Jurassic World, and Avengers. I am going to guess that Mad Max is the only great movie out to the three though by trailers/movie reception. Ex Machina and It Follows are blu rayed in July, so that's something.

Jurassic World is the GOAT

Nudull

Banned
I own the a few trades and...eh...

My problem with the series is that Burnham is unnecessarily beholden to the movies. Almost every page (in the first 8 issues) has a reference to something that happened in the movies instead of the story having its own comedy beats or character moments. Yeah, I love the movies too, but I don't need to be constantly reminded why. I bought a Ghostbuster comic, the hard sell is already done, bruh. As well, most of the stories just end rather than have endings.

That said, the art is fabulous.

It got better as things went on, where it becomes more like Transformers Animated with its incorporation of different continuities.

mreddie

Butters and Fazekas will hopefully bring Carol some character development she deserves after KSD. They made Agent Carter, Reaper and the good SVU seasons, I have hope they'll pull her off. I do wish Lopez was staying though.

zennyzz

Butters and Fazekas will hopefully bring Carol some character development she deserves after KSD. They made Agent Carter, Reaper and the good SVU seasons, I have hope they'll pull her off. I do wish Lopez was staying though.

I don't know if any author can keep a Captain Marvel comic going.

It's the one mantle that Marvel always tries to make a thing, but is never a thing.

I'm not even gonna open that link cuz the Furiosa comic was a good prequel.
I liked how one of the lines of dialog involved Joe having the wives bear healthy children for him 'to justify his tyranny'.

I understand what the article was saying, but it feels like they're judging the comic by applying our (collective) sense of morality on that fictional world, where circumstances are extremely different.

mreddie

I don't know if any author can keep a Captain Marvel comic going.

It's the one mantle that Marvel always tries to make a thing, but is never a thing.

They don't have to make her a thing, just make her be memorable. Fuck, the recent Antman run made me give a fuck more about Lang and the recent run of CM, shit, even Silk made me give a shit about Cindy even though she came off like s brat during Spiderverse.

Top Bottom