• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

Am I striking a nerve with you being critical
of a subset of individuals who are just as toxic as cyberbullies? They're just a flock of seagulls flying into a gigantic pane of glass until one of them gets through to the other side and yells "success!"

My problem isn't with people who are opinionated. My problem is with people like social justice warriors who's only goal is to reverse bully into submission.

that's all well and good, but where'd you get any of that from "this comic tried but isn't good"

Zombine

Banned
But lets be real, you're never gonna have an interesting book if it centers around vampire Jubilee.

You're vampirephobic? Oh wow brb filing a complaint with PayPal. Let me go on Twitter and tell my friends to boycott your art because you're vampirephobic. This shit won't end well for you but at least I'll pick up some more followers for my next project.

Squire

Banned
You're vampirephobic? Oh wow brb filing a complaint with PayPal. Let me go on Twitter and tell my friends to boycott your art because you're vampirephobic. This shit won't end well for you but at least I'll pick up some more followers for my next project.

You seem upset.

Messi

Harley's combat and movement in her Arkham Knight pack.

ic9RHbSxkrr78.gif

If this is how she controls in the rumored suicide squad game then sign me up. Or give me a game full of this :p

Some great lines too.

Ahhhh I just love it all. But you know beware I am fish in the barrel on this.

Squire

Banned
Nah, just highlighting the irony of how these things get started. It's like playing telephone only a good person gets hurt in the end.

That's a really sad, warped perspective, but you're entitled to it and I respect that fact. I won't resort to petty insults and very poor attempts at mockery.

Zombine, theres no problem with looking into and criticizing another person's opinion on something. You didn't need to use "sjw" since its a loaded term or accuse of bullying since last time I check George Miller isn't being attacked for the book.

Squire

Banned
Ed is my friend dude. You can rest easy knowing that it doesn't bother him.

It's not so much that it does or doesn't bother him and more that I think (or hope) you're better than your last couple of posts make you out to be. You're normally a really positive poster - I like your sense of humor - but I think you're holding on to a pretty toxic outlook.

I'm being 100% genuine when I say that's sad. I really do think you're better and smarter than that.

Zombine

Banned
Guys, I'm gonna expose my age here a bit, but what the fuck is a social justice warrior

It's someone who makes a fuss out of something with the intent of ruining the life of the person on the other end.

For example, Albequerque's Batgirl cover. It wasn't politically correct, so a bunch of people banned together and bullied the right people until Albequerque's cover was changed.

09-george-bush-mission-accomplished.w750.h560.2x.jpg

Come on guys. This is like any discussion about religion or politics. It goes nowhere and everyone just gets angry. I happened to like the comic in question, the reasons for which have nothing to do with the reasons others dislike it. That's good enough for me. At this point, anymore discussion about it is just courting terrible things to happen.

haha

I'd totally be a vampire. I'd get bit on purpose so I can live forever and see future cars

Ed is my friend dude. You can rest easy knowing that it doesn't bother him.
yeah, no offense taken here. Were good.

This ends in us getting in trouble. I can see it now.

Yup. We getting locked in 3... 2... 1...

I kind of agree with Zombine. It's a loaded term on both sides of the aisle, but a lot of people (on GAF as well as elsewhere) pretend that there's no legitimate negative connotations. Which is not to say that some more conservative sources don't twist and misuse it as a pejorative, but that's another thing.

It's also not about disliking the comic book, it's about the nature of the criticism. Saying "I didn't like it, it didn't really click with me, I found the depiction of rape too explicit and it made me uncomfortable" is one thing, going on to claim that it ruined the film and that it's somehow objectively bad is another.

Oh, and you don't have to be more powerful to bully. I had most of a foot on most of the kids who pushed me around in elementary school. Power dynamics are fluid.

Come on guys. This is like any discussion about religion or politics. It goes nowhere and everyone just gets angry. I happened to like the comic in question, the reasons for which have nothing to do with the reasons others dislike it. That's good enough for me. At this point, anymore discussion about it is just courting terrible things to happen.
Everyone is caught up with wanting to hold female characters in a better light with every discussion about Mad Max and feminism. People are at each other's throat on whether it's a feminist movie that I just don't wanna get caught in all that. I saw a really good movie.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
JULY 15

MARK YOUR CALENDERS
Day after my birthday! That's a solid present from the universe.

Coming in 2245 as part of the All-Newest, All-Differenter Secret Convergence Wars Marvel Multiversity event: the stunning conclusion to Matt Fraction's seminal Hawkeye! Preorder your mental implant now!

Haha, if by that point we've all forgotten about Jeff Lemire's Hawkeye, then maybe it was all worth it?

Messi

Marvel delayed Hawkeye because they wanted me to be in the USA for the final issue where I can read it drink some beer, wrap myself in an American flag and shoot some firearms into the sky. I won't let you down marvel.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Accidentally strolled into that Anime Expo thread and saw frye posting, but it turned out to just be some other dude with the same avatar?

frye is so chill he lets people share his avatar with no fucks given.

MG310

I had about 1GB of Red Hood missions, too. And two 100mb skin packs. XD

Have a 100mb skin pack too with the JL3000 and 66 Batman/Batmobile ones.

Is All New Hawkeye really that bad? I just see all the art on Ramon Perez's instagram and that part looks nice at least.

Accidentally strolled into that Anime Expo thread and saw frye posting, but it turned out to just be some other dude with the same avatar?

"Accidentally"

nigga pls

and its "marrec" right? Yeah we watchin him very closely

Filthy Slug

"Accidentally"

nigga pls

and its "marrec" right? Yeah we watchin him very closely

I was looking for the Animated Movies thread. I just wanted to discuss Inside Out, man.

Fucking movie was incredible.

"Accidentally" huh? Does this mean you'll have anime conversations with me?

And we already know frye is the chillest, we had a lurker even tell us!
Is All New Hawkeye really that bad? I just see all the art on Ramon Perez's instagram and that part looks nice at least.

Flashbacks killed it for me. Just completely pointless and poorly written. This is what you're getting with All-New Hawkeye:
Sklto2N.png

The banter between Clint and Kate was pretty good but I'm done with it.

Top Bottom