• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

PsychBat!

Banned
2oIiuy2.gif

Just a random thought. Do Green Lanterns get paychecks? If so, is minor because I remember that episode of Justice League when John said he could barely pay the bills.

Owzers

Bucky #8: I don't think i can continue buying this book while at the same time coming away from each issue with a "everything is swirly" feeling.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Bucky #8: I don't think i can continue buying this book while at the same time coming away from each issue with a "everything is swirly" feeling.

Read an interview where NY Times Bestselling author Ales Kot said "I want every issue of WInter Soldier to be like the Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy level of Yoshi's Island."

Swirly is good, my dude.

Messi

Hey guys. Captain Marvel and the Carol Corps #1 was awesome. Another great Secret Wars tie in. Lopez is so good at drawing this book. Gonna be a big miss when this book is finished. Oh and
Kit being that world's Thor is the most amazingly adorable thing they could have done. She is so happy.

What that big argument showed me was that I'd completely forgotten G. Willow Wilson was writing X-Men. In fact, I completely forgot about the X-Men book entirely.

How the fuck did that happen?

Read an interview where NY Times Bestselling author Ales Kot said "I want every issue of WInter Soldier to be like the Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy level of Yoshi's Island."

Swirly is good, my dude.

Listened to a podcast with him on it. Interestinyl enough, it seems he views his Winter Soldier work less favorably because its a bit hard to read and therefore fails in getting his ideas across clearly. He stated its not at all Marco Rudy's fault.

At leas thats what I got out of it. I was washing dishes at the same time

Hadaee mada tawila
Wa ana nahos ana wahala ghzalti

I dream of rain
I dream of gardens in the desert sand
I wake in vain
I dream of love as time runs through my hand

I dream of fire
Those dreams are tied to horse that will never tire
And in those flames
Her shadows play in the shape of a man's desire

This desert rose
Each of her veils, a secret promise
This desert flower
No sweet perfume has ever to tortured me more than this

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
All New Ghost Rider has completely lost me. I'm only still reading for completion sake (and because it's on MU)

What that big argument showed me was that I'd completely forgotten G. Willow Wilson was writing X-Men. In fact, I completely forgot about the X-Men book entirely.

How the fuck did that happen?

Mahvel working that voodoo that they do. Pretty soon you'll have forgotten the X-Men altogether, and won't even question their absence in the not-reboot 'verse.

Save your TPBs, people, so the future might remember the X-Men.

Vibranium

Banned
Listened to a podcast with him on it. Interestinyl enough, it seems he views his Winter Soldier work less favorably because its a bit hard to read and therefore fails in getting his ideas across clearly. He stated its not at all Marco Rudy's fault.

At leas thats what I got out of it. I was washing dishes at the same time

Well at least he's self-aware, many WS fans were actually excited for the change in pace but instead of hopping to different planets and dimensions we've been stuck in a story arc of hell. It's time for a return to espionage and street level thrills for Bucky. Like bringing Natasha back into to the fold for starters.

I actually really like Marco Rudy's art on the book (Foss- sorry, he doesn't fit at all), it's just the writing has been so hard to read that he completely failed to capitalize on any remaining Winter Soldier hype after the movie. It still amazes me how much Marvel botched the launch of a solo book so late after the cinematic movie.

Daniel H. Wilson is THAT dude. Brah is the true Wilson comic superstar. He single handily transmutated Tom Taylor's diarrhea into majestic cuisine that satisfies the palette.

It's not even that pretty anymore since Moore left. Speaking of pretty tho, Elektra #8 my god :eek:

Del Mundo makes any book an auto buy for me. I want Elektra OHC so bad.

Well at least he's self-aware, many WS fans were actually excited for the change in pace but instead of hopping to different planets and dimensions we've been stuck in a story arc of hell. It's time for a return to espionage and street level thrills for Bucky. Like bringing Natasha back into to the fold for starters.

I actually really like Marco Rudy's art on the book (Foss- sorry, he doesn't fit at all), it's just the writing has been so hard to read that he completely failed to capitalize on any remaining Winter Soldier hype after the movie. It still amazes me how much Marvel botched the launch of a solo book so late after the cinematic movie.

I'm into the book but I can see how it doesnt appeal to many of the people that could be interested in the title.

Im not placing blame on anyone for the book not catching on. WS may be hard to digest in a way but you can have great art and great writing and still not come away with success (just like the Elektra title).

He actually talked a bit about trying to take himself out of his own comfort writing zone which for him is... going mainstream lol

He has his tics. He tends to name drop philosophers pretty often for example

Huh. Guess I missed a hell of s dust up eh?

Got everything batman downloaded but it was wow raid night and a the new patch dropped! It's hilarious the second boss is modeled as Samus (who is a pyro junkie). That extra salt in the wound for metroid fans

Every time I drive through a group of people, I take solace from how quickly they seem to move.

People in your game must move faster than they do in mine. I hear a lot of thuds as I'm driving through Gotham. You'd think with all those gadgets he built into that car that he would have mounted a plow on the front, too.

Top Bottom