• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

Messi

Yo my forbidden planet is doing 2 for 20 on all image paperbacks. Is Alex and Ada worth getting for someone like me? Any other recommendations?

image.php

They shove it down your throat at first because it's the new hotness, but once you get a bunch of gadgets for it, it's amazing.

I don't see how gadgets are going to make it control any better. Seriously the controls for it can diaf.

My first all digital new comic book day! No waiting til 11 AM. No driving. Wake up. Reach to my left, and read some comics. Batgirl was cool. I believe this is the first issue which Babs Tarr was on full art duty. Cameron did not do the layouts. It looked really good and it looks like they changed colorist also. That looked different. Story was fine and I enjoyed it quite a bit.

Messi

My first all digital new comic book day! No waiting til 11 AM. No driving. Wake up. Reach to my left, and read some comics. Batgirl was cool. I believe this is the first issue which Babs Tarr was on full art duty. Cameron did not do the layouts. It looked really good and it looks like they changed colorist also. That looked different. Story was fine and I enjoyed it quite a bit.

Have you seen Capullos art in digital. My goodness. But I still buy Batman in physical too.

zennyzz

I think with the mists the point is that it kinda is your own fault, on some level. That's actually the only interesting thing about the Inhumans..

I disagree. I feel the mists act as a foundatin for what the inhumans are, but the choices that they make on whether or not to go through it aren't what I consider the interesting part of the inhumans. It's the fall out and the reactions to it, how their society is inherently built around it and also how the inhumans really do the "They're more a nation than heroes kinda thing" it's an angle nobody else in the MU really fills.

Like Black Panther's a king as is Doom and the X-men keep having nations on and off, but none of those people really sell that they're a nation unto themselves like the inhumans do.

tim1138

I was sad to see Ben Templesmith no longer on Gotham by Midnight when the new team was announced, but I really dug Juan Ferreyra in this issue. His style is a great fit for the book. Plot wise, I'm hoping
Kate Spencer sticks around and we get Manhunter

All-New, All-Different Avengers is the latest 'new' Marvel comic getting the PR push.

Waid writing, Adam Kubert and Mahmud Asrar on art.

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2015/06/24/diversity-reigns-in-marvels-new-avengers-lineup-exclusive/

This Avengers team won’t have the seemingly unlimited funding from Tony Stark or S.H.I.E.L.D. “They’re poor, and they have to manage their assets,” Brevoort said. “Another new wrinkle: Half the team goes to school. They’ve got hours of operation, and if they get stuck in Zimbabwe, somebody’s going to have to write the absentee slips.”

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
“Another new wrinkle: Half the team goes to school. They’ve got hours of operation, and if they get stuck in Zimbabwe, somebody’s going to have to write the absentee slips.”

It just sounds like Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon, the comic, but Avengers, and you don't really want it at all.

Reboot is essentially telling me to stop buying Marvel comics, make way for new audience. I dunno if its Disney pushing this from behind the scenes, or legit where the top Marvel brass "always wanted to go", but its a weird kiddification of the brand across the board.

Jason Aaron's quality has tanked this year too, so not even sure I can get hype for his Dr Strange.

Mindwipe

All-New, All-Different Avengers is the latest 'new' Marvel comic getting the PR push.

Waid writing, Adam Kubert and Mahmud Asrar on art.

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2015/06/24/diversity-reigns-in-marvels-new-avengers-lineup-exclusive/

This feels very weird unless there are also big heavy hitting full time Avengers teams.

And if there are then why isn't this a street level team? Why would a street level team have Thor and Cap and Iron Man on it? Wouldn't they just go and be part of a team of heroes that was able to respond to threats full time for the most part?

Book feels conceptually muddled, unless you kill off the vast majority of characters in the Marvel universe. And they're not.

Time of Death of All Other Comics.
3:01 AM EST
Grayson #9 released
All other comics burn in the heat death of the universal awesomeness of the best comic ever

It just sounds like Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon, the comic, but Avengers, and you don't really want it at all.

Reboot is essentially telling me to stop buying Marvel comics, make way for new audience. I dunno if its Disney pushing this from behind the scenes, or legit where the top Marvel brass "always wanted to go", but its a weird kiddification of the brand across the board.

Jason Aaron's quality has tanked this year too, so not even sure I can get hype for his Dr Strange.
Nah this is cool

A broke ass avengers book made up of mostly teens is totally right up my alley. That USM status quo where Spider-Man, Iceman and Human Torch were all living together was probably my favorite status quo of any book ever. I've been wanting a book that hits the same notes for a while and that sounds like it.

Disney has had no real impact on the way Marvel Comics does things. This is where Alonso wants to take things.

Teenage heroes have always been part of Marvel's books since Spider-Man. If it doesn't appeal to you thats fine. I highly doubt every book is gonna have young heroes as the focus of the book.

Mindwipe

I also don't understand how you're convincingly going to have a poor Avengers team when the lineup contains a billionaire (since Iron Man is still Tony), someone who can pop to Asguard and obtain fantastically valuable materials on a whim (Thor) and Cap who presumably will not have been entirely ostracised by the US government

I mean, when the Mighty Avengers were a thing? They could have funding issues reasonably coherently. This line-up? It's just implausible.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Batmobile would be more fun if it wasn't just used to power winch things and fight those unmanned tanks.

MG310

Batmobile would be more fun if it wasn't just used to power winch things and fight those unmanned tanks.

I really hope there's other versions of those things and every fight isn't just you moving 6 inches to the side to get out of the way of a red light for the entire game.

I also don't understand how you're convincingly going to have a poor Avengers team when the lineup contains a billionaire (since Iron Man is still Tony), someone who can pop to Asguard and obtain fantastically valuable materials on a whim (Thor) and Cap who presumably will not have been entirely ostracised by the US government

I mean, when the Mighty Avengers were a thing? They could have funding issues reasonably coherently. This line-up? It's just implausible.

Seems pretty clear from the sneak peek that if that's Tony, Stark Industries is zoinked. Thus, Tony?

Uh, not quite a triple comma.

300 hours into witcher 3.

Finally entered act 3.

Welp.

I must be getting on for 100 hours and I haven't finished Skellige yet. Batman's going to have to wait a while.

I'll probably give Waid's Avengers a go. Waid writing Kamala and Miles could be fun. As someone who's mainly been a trade waiter, I''m starting to get worried by how many of these #1's I'm going to end up buying.

Top Bottom