• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
E for Extinction wasn't very good. A lot of the dialogue read like writer didn't actually like the X-Men and was poking fun at it mainly? But then its also directly linked to Morrisons run and thus treating left-behind characters like Beak with more reverence.

Howard the Human will probably be the only Secret Wars offshoot I enjoy. Sure wish they'd reveal what the fuck is going to happen to the Nick Spencer Ant-Man series as well, since that was the only Marvel I was reading really.

mreddie

Sure wish they'd reveal what the fuck is going to happen to the Nick Spencer Ant-Man series as well, since that was the only Marvel I was reading really.

Next month, Annual.
Ant-Man_Annual_1_Cover-600x911.jpg

August:

Ant-Man_LastDays001_Cover-300x450.jpg

Uncanny Avengers 5 was the most Remender thing I've read in a while.

Ending felt a little weak. Maybe he had to wrap it up quickly for Secret Wars. Hopefully we get more after that.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Next month, Annual.
Ant-Man_Annual_1_Cover-600x911.jpg

August:

Ant-Man_LastDays001_Cover-300x450.jpg

I know the short term (and its been fucking ages since the last Ant-Man anyway). Its just one of those classic situations where events stop me from reading the comic series I actually want to.

headshot95

Neo Member
So quick question: everyone was saying that Darth Vader and the Ghost Prison book is supposed to be good, yeah? And it doesn't seem to be on IST, so I'm going to have to order it off an Amazon seller or something, yeah? Considering grabbing it for a friend's birthday...

Darth Vader and the Ghost Prison is fantastic. You can't go wrong by grabbing it.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
So quick question: everyone was saying that Darth Vader and the Ghost Prison book is supposed to be good, yeah? And it doesn't seem to be on IST, so I'm going to have to order it off an Amazon seller or something, yeah? Considering grabbing it for a friend's birthday...

that's one of the best Star Wars stories ever, imo. your friend will love it if s/he is a SW fan.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
For all those playing Batman: Arkham Knight, be sure to listen to all the voicemails in Wayne Tower. There's one nod to the expanded Bat family that's quite nice.

Oh hey, Spread #8 out today. Really liking this series.
I read the first trade. It was okay. I really dislike the trope of having a baby narrate the story from some distant point in the future. I hated it in Saga and Spread uses it to even higher degree. It doesn't really make any sense either.

Buy it. It's a brilliant Vader story. Definitely one of the best DH Star Wars comics.

Infinity Gauntlet #2 was really good. Weaver's got the right style for the post apocalyptic look he's going for and the character designs are seriously great.

Story was interesting too:
I LOVE groundhog day style stories where things keep repeating so I'm all in on where they're going with Thanos. What a fucking cool idea

ANBuihP.jpg

Y5eRSZb.jpg

6gCHc2C.jpg

Paid $0 for it. Traded in about 60 comics that he deemed worth the cost of the statue. Also canceled all of my pull list except a few indie titles that my wife still wants in print. I love it.

Edit 331/2000

Messi

This Harley bubble is gonna burst. Too many comics, statues, t-shirts ect. You can even see the comic fatigue in this thread.

Tizoc

OH SHI~

Her head looks great, though.

I think it's pretty cool looking. Love the hair especially.

The figure itself is good I'll admit and on the one hand the design when taken on its own is quite good, but then you look back at Harley's original design
958838-harley_quinn_400.jpg

...and then it just hits me how stupid her other designs look compared to it.

I find it ironic that the only 'bad girl' Harley design is the psychotic one from the Gods and Monsters short, especially when Bruce Timm would be the one who designed that.

Finally got round to reading Thors. That was really good fun. Very funny and I really like the art. Best Secret Wars tie-in I've read.
It's also the only one so far.

Messi

Not me. I don't think I said anything like that.

Maybe I am wrong.

I know its anecdotal but my local stores both said that Harley Pee Gee sold really badly compared to the solo title and the annual, like it sold 30% of the shipment. If they keep pushing the comics out as fast as they are the sales with wither. Look at what Marvel did with deadpool around the time they had the team up book and his solo and spin offs.

That said. I like the entertainment earth exclusive version

Fantasy-Figure-Gallery-Harley-Quinn-Statue-by-Yamato-USA-Entertainment-Earth-Exclusive-2.png

ReAxion

I read the first trade. It was okay. I really dislike the trope of having a baby narrate the story from some distant point in the future. I hated it in Saga and Spread uses it to even higher degree. It doesn't really make any sense either.

Ahh, I hear that. If you have a thing against that kind of narration there's no way around it here.

Messi

This Harley also doesn’t have any agency of her own. She doesn’t want to kill Batman or free Ivy because of her own motivations but to serve another character’s goals. At the end, when she reunites with Ivy after kicking Nightwing’s butt, there’s not even a moment that nods at the special relationship the characters have had over the years.

First time she speaks to penguin she says to him "remember the only reason I am helping you is because you told me you would help kill the B man"

Why Waid on the Avengers? He's been doing some of the blandest(sorry random GAFer in the OT, I said it ), safest work of his career. Daredevil is a product of his great artist.

If this is true I love how the movie is a big fuck you to the critics of the Man of Steel.

To say Man of Steel doesn't have problems is plain wrong though and I enjoyed it. I've always felt more confident that BvS would be a better film because Terrio's writing.

Got round to reading Infinity Guantlet #1 Really liked the first issue. Complete opposite of what I was expecting but I liked the dynamics between the family. Definitely buying #2.

tim1138

Is the dialogue from the goons you beat up playing as Harley as cringe worthy as it was during the Catwoman sections of Arkham City?
I don't think I could deal with another section of constant "I can't wait to kill that bitch ass bitch for being a bitch. She's such a bitch that bitch"

Top Bottom