• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

let's say i want to dress up like fraction / aja hawkeye.

where can i get glasses like these?

l8Gxxwz.jpg

not expensive though. i mean,... this is a one time thing.

Owzers

It's amusing, but I heard it before, so it loses it's punch.

lies, no one has thought the things i think elsewhere....ever. Except for DC books being terrible, that's universal. What would you score it? 4/10?

I do want to see what Waid does with the team, maybe on MU instead of buying it monthly. The team should start a kickstarter with the stretch goal of "save the world" to get funding.

Gonna wait for impressions on E For Extinction and Korvac Saga before I jump in so I'm interested in seeing how you guys like them.

Still, another good day of releases. Grabbing Hellboy volume 1 off of Comixology since I'd like to give it a shot without waiting several days for a delivery.

I guess origin stories and prequels going back and overexplaining things, therefore shitting up what made a character allegorically interesting in the first place is nothing new.

But it is weird that that stuff still gets commissioned from pitches. I'm really okay with never seeing any "past secrets!" stories about long established characters any more ever. Give them new secrets.
I mean, it's his original origin story because it was released during the 60's. Just seems like everyone slowly wrote it out of memory, which I'm completely okay with.
Hey, remember the Iron Man anime?

Those 4 anime were all bad. X-Men was decent, with a garbage ending. Wolverine was awful with some decent action sequences. Iron Man was probably the most well-rounded of the bunch, and Blade...well, it was definitely the most anime out of the bunch.

Those 4 anime were all bad. X-Men was decent, with a garbage ending. Wolverine was awful with some decent action sequences. Iron Man was probably the most well-rounded of the bunch, and Blade...well, it was definitely the most anime out of the bunch.

They had a few Marvel manga series as well. X-Men was laughably bad.

Looks like I need to start slimming down my pull list again (50+ books)

Bought a house in September,, taxes are already high (almost 4k),, haven't even lived there for a year and they just went up another grand,,,, urgh.

E is for Extinction is a bit of a mixed bag, but I liked it. The plot is great, but the dialogue is iffy. Burnham is doing his best Morrison impression with mixed results. Morrison's run is essential reading too, especially the early volumes. I can't imagine someone without those under their belt would get as much out of it.

Solid B.

Korvac Saga: Lots of setup here, not much else. Can't say I'm a fan of the art. Still, I'm in for at least one more issue to see where it goes. I like the SW books that involve characters
questioning the very nature of Battleworld
and that's a major theme here.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Ooooof. I care so little about this website job that I keep making more and more dumb mistakes. My boss is starting to get a little frustrated.
At least now if I get fired it will be for legitimate reasons. Haha

I really need to get this frozen yogurt job. Not sure how much longer I can hang on at this job. I really don't like not being able to put effort into a job/not caring about a job. I like feeling accomplished after a day of working.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
guys
guys
GUYS
check out high evolutionary on the cover of uncanny avengers 5 NOW
GO GO GO GO GO
LOLLLLLLLLLLL

what am I missing? please dont say the you think the flap looks like a dick, its just a flap... have we sunk that low?

Look I like Dick, but the comic isn't doing much for me to keep me reading it each month :/

I guess it is that...

Wait wait wait hold the fucking phone here:

Aquaman just SHOWS UP? Seriously? Just fucking SHOWS UP. What the hell? What...what is this? I was on board until that point.

And Lois 1v1s MERCY?! Nuh uh. Nuh uh.

Also, to me this sounds kind of similar to Max Landis' Death of Superman pitch for the story he was apparently supposed to write at DC.
In case anyone is curious
They had a few Marvel manga series as well. X-Men was laughably bad.
Oh I bet.
That's something....think this book is on its way to being dropped for me too.

That's its last issue, so I wouldn't worry.

Boogiepop

So quick question: everyone was saying that Darth Vader and the Ghost Prison book is supposed to be good, yeah? And it doesn't seem to be on IST, so I'm going to have to order it off an Amazon seller or something, yeah? Considering grabbing it for a friend's birthday...

tim1138

The final issue of Annihilator was FANTASTIC.
I hope the tease at the end is legit and not just Morrison playing with action movie tropes

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Well I think it's safe to say Secret Wars now has it's hooks in me.....

Monday
Secret Wars 0-3

Tuesday
Years Of Future Past #1
Spider-Verse #1
Spider-Verse #2
Inferno #1
Inferno #2
A-Force #1

Today
Thors #1
Squadron Sinister #1
Secret Wars: Battleworld #1
Secret Wars: Battleworld #2
Secret Wars Journal #1
Secret Wars Journal #2
Secret Wars 2099 #1
Age of Ultron vs Marvel Zombies #1

BigDes

Kind of want Thors to stay on past Secret Wars

The idea of a Thor based police procedural complete with an angry All-Father who threatens to take people off the case is just too brilliant to give up after eight or how many issues

Duggan's not credited as a writer for Uncanny Avengers 5, wonder why he was involved with the previous issue if he wasn't going to be taking over?

Top Bottom