• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

Really? Dang.

The art is nice at least, though the blending of the two worlds is awkward here as well as in the script. Far too much world building for a book about robots fighting zombies...there are maybe two or three pages devoted to the latter in the whole book. Story is already thin and feels even thinner due to excessive two-page spreads and most baffling of all our perspective characters are neither robots nor zombies. It just doesn't deliver on its premise.

squad5.jpg

to be continued...

X6MzRxM.gif

The art is nice at least, though the blending of the two worlds is awkward here as well as in the script. Far too much world building for a book about robots fighting zombies...there are maybe two or three pages devoted to the latter in the whole book. Story is already thin and feels even thinner due to excessive two-page spreads and most baffling of all our perspective characters are neither robots nor zombies. It just doesn't deliver on its premise.
That sounds like Morbius The Living Vampire from comic superstar Joe Keatinge and the original artist.

you didn't get airboy????

Also, FIRE about money for comics creators WOW
http://loser-city.com/features/what-we-talk-about-when-we-talk-about-money-in-comics

THIS IS AN EXCELLENT READ, Y'ALL

This article also quotes Stoya writing for The New Statesman

Much more frequently the lack of transparency regarding pay leads to newer performers undervaluing themselves and their work. This can make it difficult for an individual performer eventually to raise their rates to the standard range, and also often upsets the whole pay scale. If Susie Starr is just as subjectively attractive and objectively popular as Whitney Luv and does it for $400, Whitney’s standard $800 rate starts to seem less reasonable.

People really need to be more open about what they make. Its not an inherently private thing.

Artists could really benefit from a union/guild

tim1138

I really enjoyed Superman this month, I'm liking how Yang writes him and his supporting cast. Between this and Action, it's a good time to be reading Superman comics. I like how they're doing the Truth story line where it affects all the books but its not a crossover.

MartyStu

We Are Robin

I really wanted this book to be good, and HOT DAMN was it good.

This newer initiative to make Gotham more than just the Batfamily has being really paying off.

I loved this. I want more.

I really enjoyed Superman this month, I'm liking how Yang writes him and his supporting cast. Between this and Action, it's a good time to be reading Superman comics. I like how they're doing the Truth story line where it affects all the books but its not a crossover.

I agree with all of this. For characters like Batman and Superman, this approach works really well since they feature in so many books.

PsychBat!

Banned
E is for Extinction and Infinity Gauntlet were the best tie-ins this week. Korvac Saga has a really good premise, and I can't wait to see where it goes. Planet Hulk picks up after a kinda disjointed first issue. MODOK Assassin is great as always, although the art goes wonky in some action panels. AoU vs MZ is a bunch of exposition.

Last Days of Punisher read like it was a crazy Republican's dream, it was weird. Last Days of Loki was crazy like always, not as good as the first Last Days issue. Hmmm..... haven't read Last Days of Black Widow yet. But I think I got everything covered. Oh wait, Where Monsters Dwell... I think these past two issues read like it's just building up to something without much character development. That's what it feels like. The characters themselves are ace though, I'll give it that.

For non tie-in books, Daredevil was fantastic!
IKARI!

Top Bottom