• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

I have been googling this for minutes and I legit don't know what this book is. I feel like I'm going to end up in some dark corner of the Internet.
The Auteur: Sister Bambi.

O3wRR7s.jpg

And that wasn't the scene I was referring to. That one involves
King Kong, a knife-wielding serial killer, and severe rectal trauma.

Owzers

Finished Witcher 3...i liked it a lot and also found it a huge disappointment. The story, mainly the hunt for Ciri, was awful, and mainly due to the story direction I really didn't feel like i was having any impact in the game. Instead of shifting my course, i was a follower, always doing favors for more info. Great world, awful story, lots of memorable quests, tons of needless back and forth fetchery. I'm truly disappointed after finishing it, there's so much there that just doesn't happen, especially with regards to the ongoing Nilfgardian War. Almost nothing happens, and so in the narration i'm just thinking "good for you" as i'm told how it unfolds. A random 8/10 is as high and randomly generous as I'd go, more like a 7 that realllllly should be a 9 or 10 if they just made it come together better.

Deep Spoiler territory:
And regarding things with the Baron quest, after all that you never see him again even though you helped him. Nothing happens with Crow's Perch basically, or all of Velen, no huge fights in the middleground , no one tries to move in on Crows without the Baron there anymore. The world is almost completely static outside of searching for Ciri, as if time is frozen and all that happens is Ciri hunting. It's just pathetic, same with the sidequest to murder Radovid, accomplish it and all that happens is some narration at the ending to summarize the end result. Then you have Triss/Yennefer scenario of a big nothing, I ended up with Triss after the game ended but her character was ignored for almost the entirety after you're done with relationship sidequest, she doesn't even have a thing to say to you after that, not to mention she told you she'd be in Kaer Morhen and then she's not there and if you read the Glossary it says Yennefer invited her to Kaer and that's why she is there. Even in the context of the actual story it can't keep things straight, like it not remembering i gave Keira those journal papers and it said she had to get them from Lambert.

Boogiepop

Right, well, "finished" Spider-girl, finally. Technically I missed the Amazing Spider Family or whatever parts since I didn't know they existed, but it looks like it was maybe just the Tombstone stuff that was mentioned? Unless someone advises otherwise doesn't feel like digging through to read at this point. And unless it's dealt with in there, the whole plot thread with
Moose's dad and cancer and him hating Spider-girl and what-not
just went completely unresolved.

But yeah, I definitely enjoyed it, even if it feels like it was hitting the same feeling as Ultimate Spiderman but didn't feel quite as strong. Ultimately I'd say the biggest issue was that the out of costume drama felt a little... eh. Like, underdeveloped and stretched out most of the time. I mean, it was a maaaaaaassive stretch of comics between when Mayday was first like "I just got this girl to quit basketball because her powers were a form of cheating, and I'm kind of doing that to" till the resolution of that plot point. Also, she had just the absolute worst luck in terms of love life.

Still haven't read the stuff that's popped up after "The End" since I'm pretty sure that none of it is up on MU yet.

Edit: Also, nobody EVER learned their lesson about keeping secrets/lying all over the place. It just kept happening, with a number of the times not even really making much sense.

What's a good way to keep track of infinite comic releases? Xmen 92 wasn't in comixology's new releases and it wasn't on comiclist either. I had to search for it.

VeeP

Anyone here reading the (rebooted?) Teen Titans by Will Pfreifer? Great book, I've really been enjoying it.

The normal squad is Red Robin, Raven, Beast Boy, Bunker, Wondergirl, and the new Powergirl. And without spoiling so much the past two issues have introduced multiple characters such as Klarion, Kid Flash, Superboy, etc. Check it out.

Grayson also remains consistently awesome. Check it out if you haven't.

Zombine

Banned
Read Doomed #1. It's seriously a good book. It's worth the asking price. I just spoke to GH who was reluctant to read it, and he gave it his highest praise:

"Zombine convinced me to read Doomed #1 and I couldn't be happier. It's even better than Macross."

Read Doomed #1. It's seriously a good book. It's worth the asking price. I just spoke to GH who was reluctant to read it, and he gave it his highest praise:

"Zombine convinced me to read Doomed #1 and I couldn't be happier. It's even better than Macross."

...which Macross?

Messi

I don't believe you.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Why is Olivia a zombie?

And why is she still sexy :(

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
That just makes her sexier

What the fuck is wrong with me :/

tim1138

There is like 50 people at this show, it feels like I'm back in high school seeing punk bands in some Shitty basement. It's pretty fucking awesome.

Just read We Are Robin

Mmmmmmm, that's the stuff. Fantastic start to what I hope will continue to be a fantastic series. Inner narration is down pat; it's character exposition done well, in case y'all were wondering what such a thing looked like looked like. Almost Dresden-tier inner monologue writing. Duke is a fun character, and I'm really looking forward to meeting the rest of the crew. Seeing Leslie pop up was cool, is this her first New 52 appearance?

Also, (epilogue spoilers):
I'm assuming that that was the Nest. Seemed creepy. Probably because of the closet full of Robin costumes. It's an interesting reversal of the usual "Gotham is a living creature" take, though. Usually it's about it evolving to become ever nastier and more violent, this is sort of the natural counterpart to that, but it's not one that I can remember seeing.

Just read Grayson and Gotham By Midnight. Grayson was really good but I liked GBM more. Love the new artist and love the Ghostbusters vibe this issue had.

Just read Batgirl

First issue of this run I've so much as touched, but I was curious to see how the whole "Gordon unknowingly hunting his daughter" thing played out, and I gotta ask: this is what y'all are constantly kvetching about? Writing isn't anything to write home about, sure, but it's easily Lemire-Green-Arrow tier, and the art is great! Not nearly as bad as I've heard you guys say it is. Unless this issue is a real leap in quality or something.

I do wish that
Babs had taken the opportunity to spill the beans to her dad (who looks great in this style, BTW, even better than how Capullo draws him), but I suppose that the dramatic irony rated higher on the priority scale. Ce la vie.

Oh, and Livewire wasn't handled particularly well. But w/e.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Did anyone else pick up Where Monsters Dwell 2?

I'm really loving it. It's like a throwback pulp adventure (with sort of outdated sexual politics fully included and subverted). Might be my favorite tie in, but we'll see how Thors turns out.

Also Planet Hulk was also pretty good, but the cover was fantastic.

Messi

Just read Batgirl

First issue of this run I've so much as touched, but I was curious to see how the whole "Gordon unknowingly hunting his daughter" thing played out, and I gotta ask: this is what y'all are constantly kvetching about? Writing isn't anything to write home about, sure, but it's easily Lemire-Green-Arrow tier, and the art is great! Not nearly as bad as I've heard you guys say it is. Unless this issue is a real leap in quality or something.

I do wish that
Babs had taken the opportunity to spill the beans to her dad (who looks great in this style, BTW, even better than how Capullo draws him), but I suppose that the dramatic irony rated higher on the priority scale. Ce la vie.

Oh, and Livewire wasn't handled particularly well. But w/e.

We never talked bad about Babs Tarrs art. She is great. The first arc is all over the place story wise and character wise.

I'm really loving it. It's like a throwback pulp adventure (with sort of outdated sexual politics fully included and subverted). Might be my favorite tie in, but we'll see how Thors turns out.

Saving WMD for my plane ride tomorrow morning. Stoked to read it.

I also thought Planet Hulk was pretty good, but
Devil Dinosaur :(

That cover has been killing me all day. I love that with how the new CMX works I can look at it all the time :)

Top Bottom