• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

BsEPFTg.jpg

Tizoc

Messi pls.
Stop trying to be post modern, just stick to Harley avatars. You're not impressing anybody with these silly creepy avys.

I see GAMEPROFF has taken a
forced
break from GAF?

I don't usually care too much when I can't get into things but I've read Seed of Destruction twice and I've read through that first BPRD omni and it kiiinda bugs me that I really can't get into this stuff

I had a similar reaction after reading the first 3 trades. I actually loved Seed of Destruction as an introduction. The art is great and the setting and characters are interesting. But as I read more, it started to feel a bit samey. But I might revisit it sometime and try again.

Hi folks,

Newbie here. Looking to get into Batman comics. I have read The Killing Joke and The Dark Knight Returns and decided to really get into the character.

What is everyone's recommendation? I heard Scott Snyder is the man right now. I hear Death in the Family is awesome. What do you all think?

Hope to integrate myself into this Community!

tim1138

Yes. Yes I did. :D
I totally forgot that there was a new volume coming out. So stoked to get the TPB when it gets released.

That sounds awesome. Who are you seeing?

Mates of State were the headliners and Hey Marseilles and Good Graeff opened. It was a great show, we hadn't seen Mates of State in like five or six years.

Hi folks,

Newbie here. Looking to get into Batman comics. I have read The Killing Joke and The Dark Knight Returns and decided to really get into the character.

What is everyone's recommendation? I heard Scott Snyder is the man right now. I hear Death in the Family is awesome. What do you all think?

Yeah, Scott Snyder's Batman is good reading. His run's collected in five trades with the sixth coming out at the end of the year.

Year One by Frank Miller is the quintessential Batman origin story. Hush is a good read for a Batman newbie. It's basically a gallery of his greatest villains and I enjoyed it when I was first getting into Batman. I'd also recommend the Long Halloween by Jeph Loeb. It's got fantastic art by Tim Sale and it's a good whodunnit.

Messi

Your avatar impresses me. I hope you feel validated in your exquisite taste in images.

Better change it then

Hi folks,

Welcome potential new friend. How do you feel about Harley Quinn and the Hijinks she gets herself into?

Yeah, Scott Snyder's Batman is good reading. His run's collected in five trades with the sixth coming out at the end of the year.

Year One by Frank Miller is the quintessential Batman origin story. Hush is a good read for a Batman newbie. It's basically a gallery of his greatest villains and I enjoyed it when I was first getting into Batman. I'd also recommend the Long Halloween by Jeph Loeb. It's got fantastic art by Tim Sale and it's a good whodunnit.

Cool. Thanks! Do you all go through Amazon to grab the books?

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Hi folks,

Welcome! People generally go to Amazon or IST for their comic bookery online shopping.

BTW, while Scott Snyder's Batman is highly reviewed I personally find his earliest Batbook the best.

It's called The Black Mirror and it's a story about how Bruce is busy doing other stuff so Dick Grayson has to pick up the mantle. It's by far Snyder's best Bat-story.

tim1138

Hi folks,

Welcome aboard!

Check out The Long Halloween by Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale as well as Frank Miller's Year One.
I personally prefer Grant Morrison's run on Batman but a lot of people like the Snyder stuff.

Pretty much everyone uses www.instocktrades.com as they have the best prices and packaging.

tim1138

YO THAT ANNIHILATOR FINALE THOUGH

We all loved Multiversity (and rightfully so), but for my money Annihilator was the better of the two. I went back and re-read the first five issues Tuesday in anticipation of this week's finale and god damn it is some master class storytelling. The scripts are loose enough to convey the story while letting Irving's amazing painted visuals carry the bulk of the load.

Yeah, IST is almost always cheaper than Amazon, although I do tend to compare for older stuff just in case. The one thing to consider in favour of Amazon is that IST can take a little while both to ship and to arrive, especially compared to purchasing things where shipping is handled by Amazon.

Digital is also an option you may want to consider. It's, obviously, the fastest method and it may or may not be cheaper than physical copies. It's more portable too assuming you have a good tablet.

ElNarez

Banned
I can't wait for Hulk's new sidekick: strong female character who cannot help it if she's constantly posing as if she's trying to show off her boobs and/or her butt

e: oh, and Pterodactyl For Some Reason

Hi folks,

Welllll.. everyone beat me to it but yeah,,

Batman (Scott Snyder / Greg Capullo)
Batman Year One (Frank Miller / Mazucchelli)
Black Mirror (Snyder / Francavilla / Jock)

The Batman Beyond books are good too

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Mates of State were the headliners and Hey Marseilles and Good Graeff opened. It was a great show, we hadn't seen Mates of State in like five or six years.

Oh, too cool! I love Mates of State! That sounds like an awesome show. Glad you had a great time!

Top Bottom