• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

Zombine

Banned
Seriously, what the hell is with Nico's new costume? Does she convert to Orthodox Judaism during the eight-month gap?

I'm all for recent trends in female costume design, but this one looks like it was designed by a religious conservative obsessed with female modesty and with little to no concern for fashion. Ugh.

giphy.gif

Comixology's browser reader has been kinda weird for me lately. I decided to read more Hellboy and I went to the next page and this happened:

I went back to see if it was just some weird glitch but then it happened to the previous page too:

I get it looks really cool and I'm sure this is a fun way to keep me engaged, but I just want to read

Zombine

Banned
I assure you, I'm no fan of hypersexualized T&A either. But unless a hyper-modest, shapeless, unfashionable dress fits her character post-SW in some way, it's a bad costume.

Which characrer are we talking about? The one who looks like Kiki from Kiki's delivery service?

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Comixology's browser reader has been kinda weird for me lately. I decided to read more Hellboy and I went to the next page and this happened:

I went back to see if it was just some weird glitch but then it happened to the previous page too:

I get it looks really cool and I'm sure this is a fun way to keep me engaged, but I just want to read

That is really cool. Not exactly readable, but cool as hell.

Thanks, everyone. Going to check out all of those recommendations for sure!

Welcome! And also maybe check out The Long Halloween by Jeff Loeb and Tim Sale. That was one of the first Batbooks that got me hooked.

Wow! Comixology gave you the comic you bought AND turned it into a grid puzzle so you get get more for your money. How nice of them. :D

That is really cool. Not exactly readable, but cool as hell.
I just want to read for once ;_;
Thanks, everyone. Going to check out all of those recommendations for sure!

I missed your post earlier, but I second anyone suggesting Year One. It's required reading for sure.

Not one that gets tossed around with Year One, Killing Joke, TDKR, etc. but Mad Love is another excellent trade. Hush and Long Halloween are good starter Batbooks too.

arkon

I read Section 8's first issue. I want to believe JC. Batman's racist rhetoric hidden behind the asterisks makes it all the funnier especially given the interaction with the cop earlier in the issue.

Vito

Banned
Comixology's browser reader has been kinda weird for me lately. I decided to read more Hellboy and I went to the next page and this happened

Send them an email? I know some online readers actually have pages saved like this and then reconstruct them to display, mostly as an antipiracy measure I assume.

I assure you, I'm no fan of hypersexualized T&A either. But unless a hyper-modest, shapeless, unfashionable dress fits her character post-SW in some way, it's a bad costume.

It's obviously a Game of Thrones crossover and Nico is training in the House of Black and White. I don't know why more people aren't psyched. This is a HUGE tie in that boneheaded Marvel is only HINTING at when they should scream it from the damn rooftops.

It's a VERY popular show, you lunkheads. THAT'S WHY YOU MADE THE DEAL IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Well, it's a big deal that Marvel is obviously crossing over with it based on that costume. I think it's quite daring.

And of course, the GoT creator has always loved superheroes.

Maybe he's writing a Nico ongoing?

Why would you wish that on Nico

Why would you wish that on any character, ever

You are a monster

Top Bottom