• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

frye

Any chance of a Pope Hats collection? I want in on this.

I'm not sure but I don't think so, at least not for another few years. I'd say if you come across it you should definitely pick up #4 tho, which is a standalone issue of shorts versus the continuing narrative of 1-3. Use your paypal bux, friend!

also one more question about your office gig because this is Kipp |OT|... is everyone else fired except you?|

tim1138

It's an insanely cool concept, as many of Kirby's are, but, much like the New Gods, they need someone with a mind for the high-concept like a Morrison to completely revamp and revitalize them. And since Marvel has never been big on the complete reboot thing, it will never happen.

The best shot they had was that Fraction pitch, and they thought it was too out there, which is so much missing the point you'd think DC execs were in charge.

All of these things are true, but let's not mourn the loss of Fraction on Inhumans too much, since it evolved into ODY-C.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I'm not sure but I don't think so, at least not for another few years. I'd say if you come across it you should definitely pick up #4 tho, which is a standalone issue of shorts versus the continuing narrative of 1-3. Use your paypal bux, friend!

also one more question about your office gig because this is Kipp |OT|... is everyone else fired except you?|

If I ever find myself at a comic shop or happen to see it at SDCC or something, I'll pick up the floppy just for you.

And no, there are still like 10 other people working at the website I think. They all work remotely though.
However, you just made me realize that I'm now officially the highest-paid person here besides my boss! Wooo.

Well maybe you should!

You make a good point.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Let's be real though, this isn't some big editorial conspiracy or anything. It's just a shoddy job by some random colorist.

stn

Anyone know when Street Fighter: The New Generation Volume 2 is coming out? Was supposed to be last month. Any updates? Thanks.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
northstar%20wedding.jpg

you did good America

edit: in the interest of comic book company equality (and also male/female lol)!

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
I can only guess you somehow overcame me at some point because I definitely got the sense I was ahead of you a few days ago. :p I'm not far from 100%-ing though.

I pretty much agree with everything you said. I really enjoyed the story. It took a much more personal note than the other games. The combat gameplay is great on every level. I just can't fathom why they took out the challenge maps; I basically bought the game on the assumption there would be traditional challenge maps. Very disappointing.

Haha, I had a week off before starting my new job so I've been playing for an obscene number of hours a day. I really liked old challenge maps, they were good at practicing new things.

Combat in the batman games is incredibly forgiving. Don't button mash, because it cancels your combos.

For example, if you have a group of say...8 guys around you, that's a great opportunity to build up an awesome combo. Don't enter your commands like this:

Xxxxxxxx

But instead, after landing a hit, enter it like this

X...x...x...x in the General direction of the enemy you want to hit. Replace an X with the appropriate counter or if you're feeling fancy you can throw in some gadgets to prolong the combo. The only time you want to mash the attack button is after stunning a heavy enemy.

I think that's a lot of what it is. In the moment I always think I can hit one more person before someone rushes and then I get hit. It's also partly the insane amount of button combinations. Outside of the quick gadget ones, there's also the two face button combos that do different things. It's a lot to remember.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
You forgot Bunker. How did you forget the best Teen Titan character?

its not like im posting every gay couple :p

also because fuck DC. Except Bats because I absolutely adore that design. Redheads son!

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
messi if i make the thread do you promise to go on an rant about how SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIORS are going to steal your naked girl statues?

ElNarez

Banned
It's like, since all of the Catwoman stuff in City people told Rocksteady "hey maybe cut it the fuck out with the treating women like dirt" and all they heard was "haha yeah that was sick bros let's do it again choo choo
let's open up the fridge
"

Messi

great, then the next time someone has an issue with race/gender politics you'll know what to do.

oh man, i'm 50% of the way in and i just want to beat itttt

ppl are freakin out

You were here for it if you were able to make that first comment and there is no need to be a dick about it.

Owzers

I watched the first 5 or so episodes of Agents and Shield and it was soooooooooooooooo bad, that goofy stupid action adventure vibe where everything is corny and not in a good Brisco County way. I might jump right into season two where people say it's better but i can't see them doing Secret Warriors any justice.

Rhaknar

maybe I should read that Hickman Secret Warriors comic huh?

Top Bottom