• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member

Ant-Man confirmed for relaunch with Spencer and Rosanas still on it.

XBsnVRO.png

Yay! All New All Different is even better when things are the same.

Just finished the second issue of Infinity Guantlet. I want a Nova ZigZag. It's a fun story so far and Weaver's art is really nice.. I liked Star-Lord's poor attempt at a Gandalf quote as well.

I think it's part of the charm.

His wife's work is scarily like his too. But cleaner.
Id say so too but his coloring is much more detailed so the linework just ends up with that 'deadline' look

Man, isn't that practically shitting on a co-worker via twitter?
Writers/Artists arent co-workers. Loeb is an employee of Marvel Entertainment/Studios (w/e the official name). Hickman is a freelance writer. Producing work for the same company doesnt make you coworkers,

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Just finished the second issue of Infinity Guantlet. I want a Nova ZigZag. It's a fun story so far and Weaver's art is really nice.. I liked Star-Lord's poor attempt at a Gandalf quote as well.

might be my favorite SW spin off

i'm also feelin a Nova ZigZag avatar incoming

fauxtrot

Banned
Hickman don't care... it's not like Marvel would turn him away if/when he decides to return to cape books. If they did, DC would just scoop him up and put him on a Legion book (or even better, New Gods!) and you know he'd knock it out of the park. In fact, I feel like Hickman's style would work even better at DC than it does at Marvel.

Speaking of Hickman's potential Marvel return... he'd be coming back a couple years before the Inhumans movie, so I really hope they give him full control of that title. Seeing their dynamics in his F4 run, I know he could do something awesome with those characters.

Yeah he had to change the name. The rest is correct. But the article says it's outside of the regular continuity.

Omg they are also publishing Bloodstein. His wife's comic in the Sunstone universe. Without all the sexy bdsm. But still lovely.

Ally is in it sometimes.

They play mmos together.

If they're going to publish it then she hopefully will finally have it start getting somewhere. >.>

Yeah Hickman gave Marvel the best selling comic book in years.

He is taking a break during ANAD for his workload and then will return and fix whatever messes were made.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Hickman don't care... it's not like Marvel would turn him away if/when he decides to return to cape books. If they did, DC would just scoop him up and put him on a Legion book (or even better, New Gods!) and you know he'd knock it out of the park. In fact, I feel like Hickman's style would work even better at DC than it does at Marvel.

Hnnng. Hickman on New Gods...
DC really needs to do a New Gods series with either Morrison or Hickman.

Speaking of, I probably ought to read my Orion omnibus one day.

ElNarez

Banned
GOD the more I think about it the more I fucking hate Arkham Knight

so Babs, a woman who became a hero TWICE, as Batgirl and as Oracle, gets a whiff of Scarecrow juice and almost IMMEDIATELY she kills herself

MEANWHILE, Bruce gets exposed to LITERALLY AN INDUSTRIAL QUANTITY OF THE EXACT SAME SCARECROW JUICE and he only gets cuh-rayyyyzy hallucinations that do not stop him from doing his thing

FUCK ALL OF THIS. FUCK. ALL. OF. THIS.

Tizoc

So guys, do we know when Waid Daredevil is supposed to be ending? I was discussing this with a friend last night and neither of us knew. Is it something we know about yet?

My guess is 2-3 months.
Just savor it til then.

Issue #16 doe, amirite mang?

GOD the more I think about it the more I fucking hate Arkham Knight

so Babs, a woman who became a hero TWICE, as Batgirl and as Oracle, gets a whiff of Scarecrow juice and almost IMMEDIATELY she kills herself

MEANWHILE, Bruce gets exposed to LITERALLY AN INDUSTRIAL QUANTITY OF THE EXACT SAME SCARECROW JUICE and he only gets cuh-rayyyyzy hallucinations that do not stop him from doing his thing

FUCK ALL OF THIS. FUCK. ALL. OF. THIS.

I'm sorry but I just can't stop laughing at the spoiler.
What do you think of the gameplay overall though? I can't comment since I'm still waiting for it to release on PC :p

ElNarez

Banned
elnarez should stop gettin so worked up about games he ain't finished

god I fucking hope there's a payoff to that but they literally could not have played it worse because in the context of all the bullshit ways Rocksteady have treated women in their games, and in a story that seems in love with The Killing Joke like it wasn't the most overrated Batman story ever, it looks BAD

Cade

god I fucking hope there's a payoff to that but they literally could not have played it worse because in the context of all the bullshit ways Rocksteady have treated women in their games, and in a story that seems in love with The Killing Joke like it wasn't the most overrated Batman story ever, it looks BAD

As I played with it I was having similar (less extreme) reactions, but I think most of your complaints will be assuaged

But these reactions go perfectly with his avatar. I'd be disappointed otherwise.

maybe he needs a calmer one

Messi

Either you're joking or you really are still new to the comic scene :V

I came back two years ago after a looooooong break. Before that I just went to the store and picked out books by covers and didn't follow storylines all that much or who was writing what. I knew a handful of people I liked.

My apologies for not knowing why Hickman would choose to slam a fellow pro on Twitter :(

I came back two years ago after a looooooong break. Before that I just went to the store and picked out books by covers and didn't follow storylines all that much or who was writing what. I knew a handful of people I liked.

My apologies for not knowing why Hickman would choose to slam a fellow pro on Twitter :(

Alright in Marvel you have the pro Loeb people who defend him(mainly the current group of editors and Bendis) and then you have other writers who take every opportunity to trash him. Hickman and Remender don't like Loeb. Both are writers who wield continuity to write epic stories. Loeb just threw it to the side and called it trash in his later years.

Nudull

Banned
elnarez should stop gettin so worked up about games he ain't finished

Even if it was a hallucination, it's still pretty damn bad that Batman couldn't easily see through the fact that "Barbara" wouldn't so easily be duped into killing herself, on top of the whole scene being there to give Batman, a male character, grief. Also, fuck The Killing Joke.

Makes me wonder how Arkham Knight got a 10 from Polygon of all places with that moment. I would think they would be the first to write something on it.

new Millar book teaser

CIdAVhrUAAALMa9.jpg

my prediction - Huckleberry Finn, but EDGYYYYYY and drawn by like Cameron Stewart or Frazier Irving or whatever so you can't not buy it

Top Bottom