• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

i read like 5 comics last night - Black Canary, We Are Robin, Prez, Green Arrow (41), and Kaptara - they were all solid as hell. We Are Robin is what i'm most excited for, though I really thought Khary Randolph was more involved, feels like every time i look at the book his involvement decreases - from art, to finishes, to the epilogue art. Lee Bermejo is really good at writing teens, it all comes off as natural instead of try-hard, which is such an easy trap for people writing teen books with a social media aspect. Good stuff.

really surprised how much i enjoyed Green Arrow. This Ben Percy guy is a pretty good writer. gonna finish out the arc.

Two week warning that Jeff Parker and Travel Foreman are taking over Justice League United (with covers by Tony Harris)

hype

I watched the first 5 or so episodes of Agents and Shield and it was soooooooooooooooo bad, that goofy stupid action adventure vibe where everything is corny and not in a good Brisco County way. I might jump right into season two where people say it's better but i can't see them doing Secret Warriors any justice.

It goes from a CSI level show to a Lost level show. Not worth your time.

Stjepan Sejic goes exclusive with Top Cow, announces new book.

Also, Witchblade is ending I guess.

SWITCH #1
STORY/ART/COVER: STJEPAN SEJIC
After millions of views on Deviant Art, this popular web comic finally gets its own series. A teenage girl gets a mighty artifact that grants her immense powers...the catch? It's a bit haunted! This self-contained “universe” includes Artifacts and characters from other series (with permission!) in a delectably Stjepan Sejic fashion!
OCTOBER 7, 2015
48 / FC / T+
$3.99

Sounds interesting anyway.

E the Shaggy

Johnathan Hickman hears about Secret Warriors being on SHIELD and delivers an iceburn via Twitter:

CIcqEeZVEAARF1f.jpg

https://twitter.com/JHickman/status/614506131088650242

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
I watched the first 5 or so episodes of Agents and Shield and it was soooooooooooooooo bad, that goofy stupid action adventure vibe where everything is corny and not in a good Brisco County way. I might jump right into season two where people say it's better but i can't see them doing Secret Warriors any justice.

It has gotten a lot better. I didn't really hit it's first stride until Cap Winter Soldier came out and it's only gotten better from there.

Wasn't it called "Twitch" before? And it's Witchblade the high school years, with a teenage girl who gets the gauntlet and lands in trouble/hijinks while the spirits of past wielders talk to and guide her for laughs.

At least that's what it was.

Messi

Wasn't it called "Twitch" before? And it's Witchblade the high school years, with a teenage girl who gets the gauntlet and lands in trouble/hijinks while the spirits of past wielders talk to and guide her for laughs.

At least that's what it was.

Yeah he had to change the name. The rest is correct. But the article says it's outside of the regular continuity.

Omg they are also publishing Bloodstein. His wife's comic in the Sunstone universe. Without all the sexy bdsm. But still lovely.

Ally is in it sometimes.

They play mmos together.

These are some of the things Sejic posted about Switch.

<3 his art and characters.

It's being published by them so I assume it's legit. Don't know if it is a sequel. Seems to just be in the same universe.

Sejic could really use a good inker. His lines are so unrefined

Johnathan Hickman hears about Secret Warriors being on SHIELD and delivers an iceburn via Twitter:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CIcqEeZVEAARF1f.jpg

https://twitter.com/JHickman/status/614506131088650242
The shit that makes your soul burn slow

Boogiepop

So guys, do we know when Waid Daredevil is supposed to be ending? I was discussing this with a friend last night and neither of us knew. Is it something we know about yet?

fauxtrot

Banned
That interview posted above with Spencer about Ant-Man's relaunch is making me excited. It's short, so if you're remotely interested in the series, I'd recommend giving it a read.

Top Bottom