• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

Just making my way through the big Ex Machina trades they put out relatively recently and I'm really loving it. Loving the mystery that's being set up, and the main character is great. Tony Harris's art is some of my favourite, I'm beginning to realize, now that um halfway through the second trade. Does a good job with the faces and emotion, which is good, because alot of the book is just the mayor of NYC being a badass.

Definitely worth checking out, and these new trades that collect the series in 5 bigger books are great andcheap, especially compared to the OG thin weak irredeemable style trades that took at least ten books to end the series.

Really interested in checking out Tony's run on starman, and Y the last man once I finish up.

Hagi

I should probably just focus on buying comics instead of all that ancillary stuff but then there's too much cool stuff I want to buy. Maybe when I get a new job I can get into buying pages, I'd really like to own something Catwoman.

Messi

I should probably just focus on buying comics instead of all that ancillary stuff but then there's too much cool stuff I want to buy. Maybe when I get a new job I can get into buying pages, I'd really like to own something Catwoman.

I own two Catwoman pages :)

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Who here just reads comics and doesn't bother with figures/statues/pages/creator'ssouls?

I have 5 Funko's. 3 Harley and 2 Deadpool. That's about it for me. And I had those before I started buying comics again. Any money that would go have gone to Funko will now be going to comics though.

Owzers

i might give up the statue chase and join the "readers". I can't enjoy a statue if it has paint problems so i'm either going to return this wonder woman one or get an exchange and keep whichever one looks the best.

I'm going to give this new lifestyle a test-run and read a comic tonight.

Well yeah, who wouldn't like a live jean and a non-shitstain McCoy more than a corpse and a furry ball of fail?

tumblr_lyy6rnFJTc1qkx3d4o2_250.gif

All of the best artists use the same face.

They must all have used an initial model, though. I think Frank Quitely may have visited a potato farm for his model.

EviLore may as well make Rainbow Dash the GAF mascot. :p

Highly unlikely.

Statues were a mistake.

Never. QC issues are pretty uncommon with most companies
not called Funko
. I've heard of more of them popping up with DC Direct statues than anything from Kotobukiya.

I'm just happy I was able to get this:

I was there as soon as pre-orders opened and it was a bloodbath. Koto's web shop cannot handle that many people using it at once, which makes me wonder why they don't rent extra servers for the times they put up SDCC/NYCC exclusives. This is a yearly thing now and they should have known.

I love Shulkie but man, I just can't get behind their bishoujo statue of her. I reeeally don't like the face.

The original She-Hulk bishoujo is one of my top 3, and I have a ton of them. She looks great.

Freezers pointed out that she's missing her red streaks.

It probably wouldn't be hard to paint them in yourself, but I don't think it's that big of a deal. Just really happy we got a decent Red She-Hulk figure instead of just that dinky 3.5" one they have.

No thanks. I just wanna hoard comics and talk on here about what books I bought to not read.

Ugh. I just put three weeks of books into longboxes. Good lord I hate physical. iPad Air 3 can't come out soon enough.

Freeza get the list ready. We might need to add a few to it.

Got it, boss.

Messi

tumblr_inline_nozkl9JlQR1sf8k19_500.gif

Think I've seen you post them before they were really cool. I want that giant Sideshow Selina but i fear it's too rich for my blood.

Ask Cheska about the sideshow premium formats. I am fairly sure she has Catwoman, Ivy, Harley, Wonder Woman and she has Power Girl and Classic Catwoman on order. Possibly Batgirl too.

BALLER GAF PRESIDENT CHESKA

Cade

Here's the full list, datamined from PC files:
- Alex Ross Batman
- Animated Batman
- Blackest Night Batman
- Earth 2 Batman
- Batman: Incorporated Suit
- Jim Lee Batsuit
- 70s Batsuit
- The Dark Knight (Most likely the same unlockable suit from Origins)
- Batman of Zur-En-Arrh (There's a picture floating around of it partially hacked into the game; The suit blurb at the selection screen reads "Backup personality. Use with Caution"
- Classic TV Series Catwoman
- Catwoman 1990
- Classic Nightwing
- Classic Tim Drake Robin
- Classic TV Series Robin
- One Year Later Robin
- Damian Wayne Robin
- New 52 Batgirl
- Classic TV Series Batgirl
- Bruce Timm Batgirl

That
Zur-En-Arrh one. Yes.

- Alex Ross Batman
- Animated Batman
- Blackest Night Batman
- Earth 2 Batman
- Jim Lee Batsuit
- 70s Batsuit
- Batman of Zur-En-Arrh (There's a picture floating around of it partially hacked into the game; The suit blurb at the selection screen reads "Backup personality. Use with Caution"
- Catwoman 1990
- Classic Nightwing
- One Year Later Robin
- Damian Wayne Robin
- New 52 Batgirl
- Bruce Timm Batgirl

That
Zur-En-Arrh one. Yes.

No BvS suit, damn shame. Rest of the list is fire, tho.

Wonder how they're going to do
Damian? I mean... he's a lot shorter than Tim.

Phew, reading those Quitely pencilled Batman and Robin issues, as well as All Star Superman really Make me wonder about the Morrison/Quitely unbelievers.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Raises hand.

Mainly because I am too miserly to buy many statues/figures/art pages. There are a few figures I want.

My man.

Just making my way through the big Ex Machina trades they put out relatively recently and I'm really loving it. Loving the mystery that's being set up, and the main character is great. Tony Harris's art is some of my favourite, I'm beginning to realize, now that um halfway through the second trade. Does a good job with the faces and emotion, which is good, because alot of the book is just the mayor of NYC being a badass.

Definitely worth checking out, and these new trades that collect the series in 5 bigger books are great andcheap, especially compared to the OG thin weak irredeemable style trades that took at least ten books to end the series.

Really interested in checking out Tony's run on starman, and Y the last man once I finish up.

I still need to read this. I've had the complete collection of TPBs for over a year now and still haven't read it.

Phew, reading those Quitely pencilled Batman and Robin issues, as well as All Star Superman really Make me wonder about the Morrison/Quitely unbelievers.

Oh geez. I still really need to read Absolute B&R... I (re)read the first issue a few months back when I first got the Absolute edition and was blown away all over again by Quitely. His work on B&R is top-tier Quitely.

Hagi

In a lot of cases. I've seen some that came out fine, but on the whole, you can tell how far they go in terms of fancy photography tricks to make the prototypes look better.

Isn't a lot of those cases because the faces at least, are hand painted? That's usually the problems I see wonky paint application.

Ask Cheska about the sideshow premium formats. I am fairly sure she has Catwoman, Ivy, Harley, Wonder Woman and she has Power Girl and Classic Catwoman on order. Possibly Batgirl too.

BALLER GAF PRESIDENT CHESKA

Holy shit that's a lot of dinero, would love the Ivy statue.

My man.

I still need to read this. I've had the complete collection of TPBs for over a year now and still haven't read it.

Oh geez. I still really need to read Absolute B&R... I (re)read the first issue a few months back when I first got the Absolute edition and was blown away all over again by Quitely. His work on B&R is top-tier Quitely.

Man, I gotta get my hands on that absolute.

The trades have really nice covers, tho, so I don't feel too bad. I started with Batman and Son, making my way through Morrison's batman and it's all really fantastic. Especially RIP and B&R. After having read their new x men run, we3, B&R, All-star superman, this may be my favorite dup in comics !! Everyone go read we3 ! That book always brings me to tears.

And definitely read those Ex Machinas, not a choice you'll soon regret !

One day when I have lots of money I'd like to buy those beautiful statues, they're insane. I actually get a craving to buy them when I look at them online to buy them, but I just know how deep that rabbit hole would be. I have so many books I'd get before statues, so many sexy hardcovers....

Cade

Cade pls

tell me
Prometheus, Mr. Freeze, Ra's, Killer Croc, Mad Hatter, Black Mask off the top of my head.
Dan DiDio
heh

with a team-up with
jeph loeb crossover

For a second, I thought this was the
Michelle Pfeiffer costume from Returns
. But now I think it's referring to the
purple Balent Catwoman
costume.

I wish it was that

Who here just reads comics and doesn't bother with figures/statues/pages/creator'ssouls?

I used to buy Marvel Legends but they just get scalped too fast nowadays. I like Lego but haven't bought any for awhile, nothing has both grabbed me and been something I can afford. I have about 6 Funkos: Dany, Arthas, Thrall, Sylvanas, Age of Ultron Iron Man and CM Punk. I want a Deathwing but have no idea where to buy him without getting ripped off.

I need to stop buying toys anyways. My mantelpiece looks like a child's bedroom. I think I'm finally getting too old for it. That, and I've been employed for a few months now and I like seeing actual money in my bank account.

- Alex Ross Batman
- Animated Batman
- Blackest Night Batman
- Earth 2 Batman
- Jim Lee Batsuit
- 70s Batsuit
- Catwoman 1990
- Classic Nightwing
- One Year Later Robin
- Damian Wayne Robin
- New 52 Batgirl
- Bruce Timm Batgirl

That
Zur-En-Arrh one. Yes.

Yeeeees, 70s suit Batman da God. Its comic booky(BABY BLUE, WHITE EYES, YELLOW OVAL!), but it still looks like it belongs in the Arkham verse.

also yeeeeeeees Damian Wayne Robin/Nu52 Batgirl lets go

Top Bottom