• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

Owzers

I used to buy Marvel Legends but they just get scalped too fast nowadays. I like Lego but haven't bought any for awhile, nothing has both grabbed me and been something I can afford. I have about 6 Funkos: Dany, Arthas, Thrall, Sylvanas, Age of Ultron Iron Man and CM Punk. I want a Deathwing but have no idea where to buy him without getting ripped off.

I need to stop buying toys anyways. My mantelpiece looks like a child's bedroom. I think I'm finally getting too old for it. That, and I've been employed for a few months now and I like seeing actual money in my bank account.

What's the appeal of Funkos? Cuteness? Price? Cuteness? I haven't caved on any of them, same with Amibo. Their heads are so big it's practically lewd.

What's the appeal of Funkos? Cuteness? Price? Cuteness? I haven't caved on any of them, same with Amibo.

I think you nailed it, along with just how many of them their are. I have a murloc, judge Dredd, vegeta and Goku because I love those characters, their design, and the properties they come from. They are pretty dumb tho, I bought them during a promo, so don't feel too bad.

What's the appeal of Funkos? Cuteness? Price? Cuteness? I haven't caved on any of them, same with Amibo. Their heads are so big it's practically lewd.

I think it's just the range of characters for me. It's not like there are many Sylvanas figures to buy, at least ones that are reasonably priced.

if NECA's Heroes of the Storm range is good I'll probably get a few of those.

Hagi

Arkham seasons of Infamy DLC spoilers

Is
Harley or Ivy on the list?
pls

That would be a waste of slots considering they are in the main game. Was hoping for some Dr Hurt stuff to be honest but the leaked ones seem cool.

Price and cuteness mainly. The sheer breadth of IP's they have access to borders on the ridiculous.

Owzers

If i get the Groot in a plant bowl Funko i will feel like i caved in to goofy comic peer pressure, but it is adorable. That and i didn't like the GOTG movie, though i did like Groot and Rocket in it. My nephew would probably destroy it.

Hagi

I know I'm probably a bit late on this but I just read Batman #41 (which was fantastic) what the fuck at half page Twix ads with Z list celebrities. Hope this isn't going to be a recurring thing.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
ApocalyptiGirl: An Aria for the End Times
Batman: Black and White, Vol 4
Drifter, Vol 1
East of West, Vol 4
TMNT, Vol 11
Wytches, Vol 1

Oy. Added even more to my comics backlog. I can't help myself.

hopefully it's nothing like the preorder DLC or they will be giving out more refunds

I think its gonna be something more substantial like Cold Heart from Arkham Origins, which was a good 2-3 hours and was a pretty fresh spin on the usual combat and predator rooms, with its own unique story hooks. And now with all those new fancy (Nu52 skin) Batgirl animations.

I think its gonna be something more substantial like Cold Heart from Arkham Origins, which was a good 2-3 hours and was a pretty fresh spin on the usual combat and predator rooms, with its own unique story hooks. And now with all those new fancy (Nu52 skin) Batgirl animations.

That's my feeling as well.

Damn though, what I really need right now are those challenge maps. Come on WB, I already bought the damn season pass. GIVE THEM TO ME!

Hagi

I'll take something like that. They did say a new area so hopefully it's something like the size of one of the Gotham islands. I'm cautiously excited for it though, Barbara is really great in this game.

I thought Harley was fine. Not long, but fine.

I thought it was a waste of a download much like the Red Hood mission. Doesn't help that Tara Strong was pretty terrible as Harley in AK so having to listen to her screaming was zero fun. Man I'd much rather play as Ivy, least we then we could get a nu52 skin for her.

That's my feeling as well.

Damn though, what I really need right now are those challenge maps. Come on WB, I already bought the damn season pass. GIVE THEM TO ME!

can't believe them niggas really selling the challenge maps as DLC, especially with all these different characters and shit they tease in the dual play

can't believe I'm bout to buy it too :mjcry:

can't believe them niggas really selling the challenge maps as DLC, especially with all these different characters and shit they tease in the dual play

can't believe I'm bout to buy it too :mjcry:

I spent the last two days thinking they had been taking out completely and weren't coming back. :/

Oh man. . Lol
YE3xfS0.jpg

Cade

Oh man. I need this to happen. She is just amazing to play as but it's so damn short.

Totally agree
Yep. Just fun, cool boss..

I thought it was a waste of a download much like the Red Hood mission. Doesn't help that Tara Strong was pretty terrible as Harley in AK so having to listen to her screaming was zero fun. Man I'd much rather play as Ivy, least we then we could get a nu52 skin for her.

Tara Strong went full babbyvoice this time around. No idea what's up with that.

Tara Strong's Harley voice in AK is like nails on a chalkboard bad. Its like the voice direction said, "yeah ok we liked you in Arkham City, but can you maybe just do every single one of your line deliveries in a REALLY shrill, one note voice? thanks Tara"

Who here just reads comics and doesn't bother with figures/statues/pages/creator'ssouls?

oh wait that's me

Tara Strong's Harley voice in AK is like nails on a chalkboard bad. Its like the voice direction said, "yeah ok we liked you in Arkham City, but can you maybe just do every single one of your line deliveries in a REALLY shrill, one note voice? thanks Tara"

I liked her in the main game. The DLC was way too shrill.

tim1138

Today was a good day, got the final JSA omnibus from IST, got the replacement wheels for my grill, and got a XB1 with the Halo collection and Sunset Overdrive.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Who here just reads comics and doesn't bother with figures/statues/pages/creator'ssouls?
Reporting for duty.

However, I'm not opposed to eventually buying some art prints if I found the right ones and they would prove appropriate somewhere on my walls.

Hagi

More like she's mad salty she can't play Bubbles in the new Power Puff Girls so she thought it would be a good idea to meld Bubbles and Harley together and created a monstrosity that could only be stopped with a dual takedown.

Glad i missed someone spoiling the ending I'd be pretty pissed.

I buy figures but they're mainly anime or video games. I think I'll treat myself to the Batwoman bishoujo statue soonish though, I really like the way it looks.

Original art is cool but I don't have the spare money for it and I'd really only want to settle for a page or two by one of my absolute favorite artists. So I'm pretty okay with just my signed print by Amanda Conner for now.

Messi

I buy figures but they're mainly anime or video games. I think I'll treat myself to the Batwoman bishoujo statue soonish though, I really like the way it looks.

Original art is cool but I don't have the spare money for it and I'd really only want to settle for a page or two by one of my absolute favorite artists. So I'm pretty okay with just my signed print by Amanda Conner for now.

Wait until you get your first. No one stops at one ;p

Hagi

We're going to Tokyo on Thursday I'm going get the Batwoman Bishojou and hopefully try and find a second hand Harley. The only one we have is binary Ms Marvel so it would be cool to start a mini collection.

I have to say Teen Titans, We Are Robin, Superman, Justice League 3k1, Grayson, and GL Lost Army were all pretty damn solid. I still have a few other issues from this week to read but so far the post convergence DC has not disappointed me.

More about Arkham Knight, when you're just playing as Batman gliding around the city solving shit, its so damn good. It makes the tank battles feel all the more boring. Also what the fuck are the Batmobile's tires made out of dwarf star material? I swear a little bit of tire hangs over and edge and the whole fucking tank falls.

Finally got to start Arkham Knoght today. Stupid work prevented me from getting to it sooner. The early batmobile sections were a bit jarring but when it moved into a combo puzzle aspect it got better. But nothing feels as good as a good predator mode play room. It's what makes the game shine and is what separated it from every previous batman attempts )prior to AA).

Game looks amazing on ps4 and I just love love love that batman starts with his previous gear and moved on. Take note Metroid!

As for the story I see where it's comic influences are coming from (or straight lifted) and it's been good so far.

I will also say it's great still hanging Conroy as Batman, Babs as Oracle and robin as Tim. Woot.

Also Alfred is great. I just wish the called him pennyone.

And you guys are so getting burned by that season pass. I'll get it with the PC goty version for $5 in a couple years. And maybe then it'll work. *zing*

Hagi

I'm going through Morrisons Batman run and realized I've never actually read Batman and Son before and it's pretty crazy. The going from man bats to dad bats is like 0 to 60 in 2 seconds and Damien is a little twat which makes me appreciate what he is like now even more. Such a great addition to the Bat family.

arkon

Just comics for me. Thankfully never got the appeal of figures once I got to a certain age. Stuff like Gunpla/models you assemble and paint I could probably still get behind. I enjoyed that process once upon a time. I just choose not to get into them again because of the cost.

Same with original art pages etc, The cost of them just isn't worth it to me vs what I'll get out of them. I could get multiple deluxe hardcovers, omniboo, absolute editions etc for the cost of some of the pages I've looked into.

Books, games, comics/manga with the occasional gadget thrown in is pretty much where all my money goes. I can't stretch that to more hobbies/products.

Is anyone else bugged by the little like on purpose errors?
Like the poster that says The Ghost in Grey, instead of The Grey Ghost, or the poster whose texture map is cut off by geometry slightly so it says The Flying Raysons, instead of the Flying Graysons.

Top Bottom