• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

ElNarez

Banned
someone at rocksteady was like "yo, those Cobra sequences are the exact opposite of fun, but how can we make them even less fun?" and that's how the Cloudburst sequence was made

when you're waiting on a shipment from IST
a4VU6qy.jpg

someone at rocksteady was like "yo, those Cobra sequences are the exact opposite of fun, but how can we make them even less fun?" and that's how the Cloudburst sequence was made

Get ready, cuz there's a lot more Batmobile sections coming up.

Including Batmobile physic puzzles and a Batmaboile version of the final boss of Arkham Origins!

I also like how Rocksteady responded to criticism of their boss fights but just getting rid of them entirely and replacing then with Batmobile battles

Messi

Same. And I really like the way they did the side missions.

Also, Batman JL3000 skin is badass.

I just had a side mission pop up and scare the absolute shit out of me.
i was gliding up to a roof in detective vision, I popped it off before I hit the ledge and as I did what I assume is ManBat screamed into my face. My controller flew into the air, I freaked out so badly lol

i was gliding up to a roof in detective vision, I popped it off before I hit the ledge and as I did what I assume is ManBat screamed into my face. My controller flew into the air, I freaked out so badly lol

Haha, yeah. I'm almost done with that mission. Scared the crap out of me, too.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member

That was so great. I loved the cast of characters they chose for the side quests.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Man that whole hydra infiltrating shield thing from winter soldier (and then agents of shield) was totally out of Secret Warriors wasnt it?

I know i know welcome to 2 years ago

Owzers

i was supposed to read a comic today and i failed. 30 minutes of disliking Batman lead to The Dead 2: India on scyfy for a little and then Orange is the New Black season 2 watching. I keep moving around Gotham like i'm playing Assassin's Creed and wondering why i'm not automatically climbing things.

:/

If i keep this up i might as well post on the regular GAF forum.

Bii

Gameproff is banned? :(

I was able to read a few things these past few weeks. All-Star Superman was really good. X-Men: Days of Future Past sucked. Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye Vol. 1 was fun, and now I'm working on vol. 2.

Gotta get ready for SDCC. I've said this the past two years but I really think this is my last year attending. It's fun, it's crazy, but really expensive and the novelty of being there has worn off. Maybe I'll try going every other year. I'm starting to like the smaller and mid-sized cons. Of course, my mindset can change after I've come back from it all.

I play in a few hours chunks but that's cause I'm sick and can only sleep so much in a day. Please go away fever and stop coming back.

The actual Batman stuff and gliding through the city is soooo good. It's interesting how they've set up the most wanted stuff this time around, I'm not sure if I'm completely for it. I am really glad that the detective mode from Origins made it into this game. That was an awesome addition. Anyone know if you can use the PS4 motion controls with that?

The actual Batman stuff and gliding through the city is soooo good. It's interesting how they've set up the most wanted stuff this time around, I'm not sure if I'm completely for it. I am really glad that the detective mode from Origins made it into this game. That was an awesome addition. Anyone know if you can use the PS4 motion controls with that?

The only thing I don't like about the side missions is how for some of them, you're not given a quest marker and expected to just stumble upon it.

The only thing I don't like about the side missions is how for some of them, you're not given a quest marker and expected to just stumble upon it.

I actually really liked that aspect of it. Like you gotta look out for burning buildings or Manbat's screeches or the opera music of the dead bodies.

Reading through Batman Zero Year.

Kinda baffled by those Bug Report pages at the end of every ish. Guess it's a somewhat tolerable way to hype other stuff going around in New 52.

Also how the fuck was Capullo managing these 30+ pages things every month?

ElNarez

Banned

It's THE BEST. You have to roam the streets, be on the lookout for shit, do the Batman thing and it rules that they got some detective things in there.

ElNarez

Banned

Like, literally every five seconds you get someone on the radio saying something that's either about what you've just done or going like "Whoa have you seen this unusual thing at our current position, which coincidentally is one of the sidequests you're on?". Plus some of this shit you can see from a distance. You just gotta BE THE BATMAN more.

Like, literally every five seconds you get someone on the radio saying something that's either about what you've just done or going like "Whoa have you seen this unusual thing at our current position, which coincidentally is one of the sidequests you're on?". Plus some of this shit you can see from a distance. You just gotta BE THE BATMAN more.

A lot of the conversations you overhear are also random bullshit that repeats pretty often. You'll get a mention of a specific mission you're trying to complete if you're lucky.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Reading through Batman Zero Year.

Kinda baffled by those Bug Report pages at the end of every ish. Guess it's a somewhat tolerable way to hype other stuff going around in New 52.

Also how the fuck was Capullo managing these 30+ pages things every month?

'Cause he's a fucking monster. Dude has to deal with all those bloated scripts in a 16 issue event and is still never late.

Top Bottom