• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

Zombine

Banned
What are the pros/cons for owning/not owning a library card? Are papercuts deadly because other people touched the books? Will I be judged for taking out comics or renting Babe 2?

Cade

What are the pros/cons for owning/not owning a library card? Are papercuts deadly because other people touched the books? Will I be judged for taking out comics or renting Babe 2?

Sometimes librarians recommend stuff to you and if you don't check it out it could be awkward

Bii

Got told again today that comics are for kids. While I was reading a comic. YAY!

That's what I get for reading comics. That's why you should never read comics. I should have listened guys.

That's unfortunate to hear. A number of my coworkers know that I read comics, and even the ones that just found out, they usually just say "cool" and nothing more.

Speaking of work, my title just got a reclassification. No increase in pay, though. I think our Board did it so they don't have to pay us more for working out of classification.

Batman faces the Omega Men in Deadly Action under the Green Midnight.........list.

ACTION COMICS #42 $3.99
BATMAN BEYOND #2 $2.99
GREEN ARROW #42 $2.99
MIDNIGHTER #2 $2.99
OMEGA MEN #2 $2.99
DEADLY CLASS #14 (MR) $3.50

Is Gullivers Travels your first recommendation?

You might wanna go for the literary adaption of this tale
25-12-2010%2016;30;47.jpg

frye

I think this might be the one store here that I've never visited

also I think this town might have the highest concentration of comicsgaffers outside of new york if we count Not The Guy You Kill
even tho he lives in Surrey

Transformers Vs. G.I. Joe #7

frye tell me you reading this shit

i am indeed reading this shit

everybody should be reading this shit because it is

i n c r e d i b l e

ElNarez

Banned
"alright guys design meeting for the Arkham Knight endgame, so, how do you follow-up one of the most ambitious storytelling segments ever done in a game, the payoff for three games worth of mythos, the very best of what a video game can be?"

"gee, I dunno, maybe get the player to uh, like, do all the incredibly repetitive and dull side-missions they didn't wanna do in the first place because they're all just a single location full of enemies?"

"you just got promoted to head of pc porting dude, hells yeah, that's cash money right there"

Cade

"alright guys design meeting for the Arkham Knight endgame, so, how do you follow-up one of the most ambitious storytelling segments ever done in a game, the payoff for three games worth of mythos, the very best of what a video game can be?"

"gee, I dunno, maybe get the player to uh, like, do all the incredibly repetitive and dull side-missions they didn't wanna do in the first place because they're all just a single location full of enemies?"

"you just got promoted to head of pc porting dude, hells yeah, that's cash money right there"

yeeep. Honestly, a LOT of issues I have with the game I wonder if it's not Rocksteady's fault but WB meddling for stuff. DLC possibilities, etc.

It's like... DC hiring Michel Fiffe to do his bootleg Suicide Squad comic on the regular title or something

Its amazing what IDW is letting these dudes do. God bless em

what if I told you the payoff for all that was just another stealth tank battle and a cliffhanger ending that required you to find ALL THE RIDDLER TROPHIES if you want to see the next part

which is incredibly vague because they have DLC to sell after the story is over

ElNarez

Banned
what if I told you the payoff for all that was just another stealth tank battle and a cliffhanger ending that required you to find ALL THE RIDDLER TROPHIES if you want to see the next part

which is incredibly vague because they have DLC to sell after the story is over

okay fuck all of that it's time to hit the you tube

"gee, I dunno, maybe get the player to uh, like, do all the incredibly repetitive and dull side-missions they didn't wanna do in the first place because they're all just a single location full of enemies?" didn't we hire that mass effect 3 guy to design that? just tell him "no fucking buttons" and let him do whatever. He's got a solid track record in that regard.

ElNarez

Banned
Okay wow, so, fuck all of this, Arkham Knight's ending is hella piss. I'm not even gonna go and do the missions I got for pre-ordering, because who gives a fuck.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
You wuz warned. Ad nauseam.

Now go read Secret Invasion. Pretty please.

I will but not any time soon. I can't tackle another 100+er right now. Axis is just part of the MU weekly updates so I'm chugging along.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I thought I read that SHIELD comic wasn't in the 616?

Sidenote, the solitude of my shift is getting to me again lately. Comics used to help but not so much right now.

I'm not gonna blown my brains out or anything, it's not that kind of post >_> Just graveyard shift can be a motherfucker when you do it for awhile, I'm sure fellow graveyard shifters can relate.

Neoxon

If I recall, she was assumed to be a mutant by SHIELD, but was later revealed to be a mutate via her dad's experiments. The newest issue of SHIELD revealed that those experiments made it to where her Inhuman genes were unlocked without the need of the Terrigen Mist.

Ride ain't over yet, man.

Finished 17

It's now firmly entrenched in
metaphilosophical spore-based alternate realities sci-fi.
Why? Like, for real, why? No one that wanted that would've stuck around for more than a year reading a spec ops comic, and no one that wanted a spec ops comic would've wanted this.

Also can't shake the feeling that he read Ellis's Supergod and went "hey, one of those guys was kinda cool. Guess imma straight lift that concept at some point."

Neoxon

Y'all are getting corporate Waid because it is an Avengers book. DD was Marvel just letting Waid be Waid.

and yes I read that FCBD preview.
ALAD Avengers just seemed like "Hey, let's throw in two of our most popular young heroes & one we're trying to salvage with some of the older guys, most of which aren't the originals."

I'm sure it'll be fine, but it's just what I got from the FCBD issue.

ElNarez

Banned
It's like y'all didn't even put up with Waid on Hulk. That was a warning. (Well, that and post-Omega Effect Daredevil's steady descent into averageness)

Top Bottom