• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

I buy digital because I don't have an LCS but if i really want to collect and own something then I buy trades or Omnis, whatever. That said my list of what I want to collect is long, atm it's basically all of Geoff Johns' GL run (inc GLC), Absolutes of CoIE, IdC, InfC, 52 and FC....and my Marvel stuff is just getting started.

Do they do reboots or anything? Because I saw a series called something like "New Lone wolf & Cub" on the stands and I've heard from friends that there are different takes on ghost in the shell.

*very* rarely. It's far more common to have several writers over time covering the same historical event, like, say.... the chinese warring states period.

Speaking of buying trades, I just ordered a ton for the first time off InStockTrades, I noticed it hasn't shipped yet and I'm a bit worried (ordered Sunday). On the status page it says they're "picking books" how long does this process usually take? Concerned they may not actually have it in stock but they sold it to me and they'll cancel part of the order.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Speaking of buying trades, I just ordered a ton for the first time off InStockTrades, I noticed it hasn't shipped yet and I'm a bit worried (ordered Sunday). On the status page it says they're "picking books" how long does this process usually take? Concerned they may not actually have it in stock but they sold it to me and they'll cancel part of the order.

InStockTrades takes a notoriously long time to get your order shipped. Basically, if it gets shipped within a couple days of placing the order, that's cause for celebration. Haha
I think someone here waited like a month or two once for their giant order of Hellboy Library Editions to ship... That was obviously a pretty extreme circumstance though.
I'd expect them to get it shipped within the next couple days if you ordered on Sunday. Definitely nothing to worry about though.

InStockTrades takes a notoriously long time to get your order shipped. Basically, if it gets shipped within a couple days of placing the order, that's cause for celebration. Haha
I think someone here waited like a month or two once for their giant order of Hellboy Library Editions to ship... That was obviously a pretty extreme circumstance though.
I'd expect them to get it shipped within the next couple days if you ordered on Sunday. Definitely nothing to worry about though.

Ah ok thank you. I was little concerned because the trades I'm ordering are out of print for awhile but some sites still sell them new like midtown. I can wait, just didn't want to worry about having to look for replacements.

Hagi

Man the Finches Wonder Woman has been utter trash. Getting Sudzuka for the back up story is just twisting the knife.

Least Midnighter was amazing, the framing in this issue was nuts. Can't say I've read much Authority but I really like this character.

Ah ok thank you. I was little concerned because the trades I'm ordering are out of print for awhile but some sites still sell them new like midtown. I can wait, just didn't want to worry about having to look for replacements.

Yeah, delays happen. It always seems to be one or two books in your order that hold everything else up.

As far as I've experienced, as long as IST lets you actually purchase an item then you'll get it. The only exception I've had (and still have actually) is with Aphrodite IX Complete, but that's because of general issues with its release rather than anything IST did. In this case they just shipped the rest of that order and have said they'll ship the book without additional charge whenever the heck they actually get it.

How good is Remender's venom?

It was ok. Definately an interesting take on Flash. The Circle of Four story arc wasn't too great though. Cullen Bunn's run started off weak but towards the end I'd say it was better than Remender's which is painful for me to say as a Remender fan.

Squirrel Girl day!!!!!

I read the first trade and it was typical Remender, which means it was good. No idea how it was beyond that though. Heard mixed things about the Circle of Four arc.

Circle of four was SO good. The tie ins weren't all up to snuff but it was a great overall story.

That one Secret Wars panel with the surprised faces near the end is just...terrible art. It's Quitelyesque. Tagging because spoilers. I can see this having legs as a reaction image in the future.
http://imgur.com/J5cASWC

Amazing issue, otherwise. Just amazing.

Hagi

Midnighter was so good, I really hope people give it a chance.

Yeah this is a DC book I really want to do well. I'm sure some small percentage of people will take offense to how upfront they are with how they depict him being gay, having relationships and yadda yadda but I found it refreshing. This should be absolutely normal in 2015 yet it still doesn't feel like it is.

Read some Justice League as well after being out of the loop for a while. I hate to use the word but wow Darkseids daughter is really what comes to mind when I think edgy. She's straight up 90's with a modern pinch. Seems like Johns is on his A game though so this should be a fun event if the last couple of pages are anything to go by.

the middle parts of Circle of Four aint nothing, but the bookends by Tony Moore...:whew:

Venom-Hulk-Ghost Rider in this mug

prev_img-4-e1330901826863.jpeg

Yeah this is a DC book I really want to do well. I'm sure some small percentage of people will take offense to how upfront they are with how they depict him being gay, having relationships and yadda yadda but I found it refreshing. This should be absolutely normal in 2015 yet it still doesn't feel like it is.

Read some Justice League as well after being out of the loop for a while. I hate to use the word but wow Darkseids daughter is really what comes to mind when I think edgy. She's straight up 90's with a modern pinch. Seems like Johns is on his A game though so this should be a fun event if the last couple of pages are anything to go by.

Darkseids Daughter died in the way to her home planet

the middle parts of Circle of Four aint nothing, but the bookends by Tony Moore...:whew:

Venom-Hulk-Ghost Rider in this mug

prev_img-4-e1330901826863.jpeg

THATS what I'm talkin bout

Top Bottom