• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

Tizoc

4r1SLIS.jpg

Thank you for the new avatar :V

Owzers

Gotta get the PC version for the player made bug fixes and to mod the inevitably terrible UI.

yar I look forward to another hype game that is a technical mess on my ps4. *waits another week for Witcher 3 patches before starting the game*

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Welp time to get a PS4 or XB1, Fallout 4 was announced.

ehhh, not really interestedin meandering through a big open world like that. never got the appeal.

I don't know if it was posted but Ms Marvel will make her Animated debut on Avengers Assemble cartoon third season.

http://io9.com/ms-marvel-will-make-her-animation-debut-in-the-avenger-1708554334

more KK is always a good thing, hopefully this is a sign of her continued push by Marvel

So I randomly read A-Force out of morbid curiosity. I got a few questions:

They knew that the shark that attacked them was extinct for millions of years. Does this mean A) that Battleworld has a history going back millions of years for them to be aware of, or B) are these characters actually from the normal universe and that is how they know about the giant shark.

Also, the Thors instantly knew who had thrown the shark over the wall and where it came from. Is this a power of theirs? Have they gone over this or explained it elsewhere?

Lastly, since when has Dazzler been able to fly?

As an outsider looking in it was a'ight. They sure say name America alot.

America

Boogiepop

InStockTrades takes a notoriously long time to get your order shipped. Basically, if it gets shipped within a couple days of placing the order, that's cause for celebration. Haha
I think someone here waited like a month or two once for their giant order of Hellboy Library Editions to ship... That was obviously a pretty extreme circumstance though.
I'd expect them to get it shipped within the next couple days if you ordered on Sunday. Definitely nothing to worry about though.

That was me. But yeah, that was definitely special circumstances. It was a result of their moving sale (so obviously moving had them out of whack), and then just a ton of people had ordered it. IIRC, someone high up in the company actually took the time to write like a highly detailed email on the situation and guaranteed I'd get priority at that point and I did indeed receive them after that, but it was definitely a crazy wait. But an understandable one at least.

Reminder, I'm giving crap away:

BOXY'S COMIC GIVEAWAY!

I need these gone. First come first serve. Take 'em, read 'em, burn 'em, pretend there twix bars, I don't care cuz I need to get rid of these:

Punk Rock Jesus TP
Hellboy Vol. 1 (I think I still have this but I need to check the condition on it. I bought it at a bookstore and the binding was iffy.)
Everybody Loves Tank Girl #1-3
Avengers Vs. X-Men #1-12 - TAKEN BY INORIGO
Aphrodite IX Vol. 1 and 2
Sorrow TP
Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe #1-4? (I need to double check if I have all the issues.)

Must be in US.

All this praise Justice League has been getting lately. I may have to jump back in.
Cosmic Bees?
No ordinary bees

So I randomly read A-Force out of morbid curiosity. I got a few questions:

They knew that the shark that attacked them was extinct for millions of years. Does this mean A) that Battleworld has a history going back millions of years for them to be aware of, or B) are these characters actually from the normal universe and that is how they know about the giant shark.

Also, the Thors instantly knew who had thrown the shark over the wall and where it came from. Is this a power of theirs? Have they gone over this or explained it elsewhere?

Lastly, since when has Dazzler been able to fly?

As an outsider looking in it was a'ight. They sure say name America alot.

America

I'm going to assume Doom basically gave everyone memories. And also directs the Thors.

Basically: Doom.

Also, Dazzler can fly using light and sound waves, yo.

Maybe.

I dunno.

My dude, can I get Punk Rock Jesus?

It's yours! Good choice.

BOXY'S COMIC GIVEAWAY!

I need these gone. First come first serve. Take 'em, read 'em, burn 'em, pretend there twix bars, I don't care cuz I need to get rid of these:

Punk Rock Jesus TP - TAKEN BY SERPENTINE
Hellboy Vol. 1 (I think I still have this but I need to check the condition on it. I bought it at a bookstore and the binding was iffy.)
Sorrow TP
Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe #1-4? (I need to double check if I have all the issues.)

Must be in US.

Didn't someone wanted to try Hellboy? Vol. 1 could be yours for free.

Aw shit. Wizkids is going to be making Ninja Turtle Heroclix. Now we can finally answer the question of who'd win in a fight between them and Daredevil and other burning matchups.

JUNE 3, 2015 (Columbus, OH) – At Origins Game Fair today, WizKids announced a partnership with Nickelodeon, the number-one entertainment brand for kids, to produce multiple tabletop games based on the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles franchise. The first two games developed under this partnership will be a special series of TMNT HeroClix™ figures, and a TMNT Dice Masters™ game, both set for release later this year.

“We are very excited to partner with Nickelodeon on expanding the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles brand,” said Justin Ziran, President of WizKids. “We expect fans of both Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and WizKids will be very pleased with the lineup of games we have in store, and we can’t wait to get them in players’ hands in the coming months.”

WizKids has seen great successes in its HeroClix collectible figure-battling and Dice Masters Dice Building™ products, and is very excited to bring fan-favorite Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles characters, spanning all iterations of the comics from classic to present day as well as the classic cartoon and current hit CG-animated series on Nickelodeon, to both games.

“The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are classic and beloved characters, and we can’t wait to see them integrated into WizKids’ tabletop games,” said Manuel Torres, Senior Vice President, Global Toys and Publishing, Nickelodeon. “We are as excited as our fans are to see Leonardo, Michelangelo, Raphael, Donatello, Shredder and more come to life in HeroClix and Dice Masters.”

Guys

I want to marry every page of Squirrel Girl #6, especially the first half

is this normal

I mean if your loved one is on life support it doesn't hurt to bring in the Reverend and get married shortly before they pass away. Live those last moments together in joy.

I can't support your comic polygamy tho.

I actually don't have any hellboy trades. I'll take it if no one has claimed it

Take it! Who's next?:

BOXY'S COMIC GIVEAWAY!

Punk Rock Jesus TP - TAKEN BY SERPENTINE
Hellboy Vol. 1 - TAKEN BY MY NAME IS ED
Sorrow TP

Must be in US.

Nudull

Banned
BOXY'S COMIC GIVEAWAY!

Punk Rock Jesus TP
Avengers Vs. X-Men #1-12
Sorrow TP

I'll take Tank Girl and/or Deadpool.

I like Kuder's art in Action. Everyone looks nice and thick in all the right places, like a curvy woman who's not really unhealthy fat but just has enough on her that you can embrace her and just barely make it all the way around, and feel some accomplishment in that.

tim1138

Green Arrow was interesting, looks like they're bringing some of the political nature back to the book. The writing isn't the greatest in spots, but I believe this is Percy's first foray into comics so I'll give him a couple issues to hit his stride. Zircher's pencils were pretty much exactly what I was expecting from him, and that's fine with me. Eltaeb's colors were a more muted take on what Maiolo did during the Lemire/Sorrentino run, but it works well here.

Autumnlands was it's typical solid self, but after the big delay between issues 5 and 6 and then another delay coming before issue 7, I think this is getting delegated to the trade wait stack. I love the characters and the world, but delays drive me crazy.

Top Bottom