• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

Messi

How is the Captain Marvel series? I heard such mixed things about it, but wasn't sure if t evened out or what have you.

Thank you!

The most recent run? Do you mean their first arc has a failed ending? Because I know this team is still going now.

Thank you! I've heard really good things about both and for the former I'm always up for more Dick Grayson.

I really love Captain Marvel, especially the current run. But all of the Kelly Sue stuff is wonderful imo. You won't find many here who agree with me though. I find it endearing and it knows when to hit the emotional notes. The art in the current run is stellar. It's by David Lopez. I'd say it's worth buying.

There was no failed ending, they just relaunched and continued on. All of Kelly Sues Captain Marvel is one big story.

Voror

I really love Captain Marvel, especially the current run. But all of the Kelly Sue stuff is wonderful imo. You won't find many here who agree with me though. I find it endearing and it knows when to hit the emotional notes. The art in the current run is stellar. It's by David Lopez. I'd say it's worth buying.

There was no failed ending, they just relaunched and continued on. All of Kelly Sues Captain Marvel is one big story.

Might look into the most recent one then if I can.

I was referring to Batgirl with that bit about the failed ending. Wasn't sure exactly what the issue was and was curious.

mreddie

Superior Iron Man: That ended really lamely.
Giant Sized AvX: Oh I love this book so much.
Unbeatable Squirrel Girl 6: Squirrel Girl and Chipmunk Hunk are gonna be a thing are they?
Spider Woman: Jessica kicks ass, that is all.

And yes, Secret Wars #3 is the shit, I really hate the delay even more now.

Drayco21

"Pfft, his death would be meaningless without a conclusion to his story. You can't just kill people to garner sales, we aren't animals."

This week's Secret Wars: Battleworld is a-okay.

Zombine

Banned
..wait, what.

yeah_science_breaking_bad.gif

Zombine

Banned
Wow I enjoyed Mad Max 2 a lot. It's way better than the first one. I'm sure that Beyond Thunderdome will be just as good...right guys?

Right?

Messi

I just didn't buy comics today. First time in a long time that I just didn't. I don't know what is happening. I just feel neutral. I'm tired.

Zombine

Banned
I don't know what is happening. I just feel neutral. I'm tired.

Low T brother. Time to take some HGH and become the next Stalone.

The Road Warrior is a masterpiece.

The only thing I noticed was that with both Mad Max 1 & 2, Miller has no idea how to end a movie. I'm surprised that Happy Feet didn't end with the birds getting hit by a truck and then shit being happily ever after to some sappy music.

Owzers

Wow I enjoyed Mad Max 2 a lot. It's way better than the first one. I'm sure that Beyond Thunderdome will be just as good...right guys?

Right?

Mad Max - a little slow
Mad Max 2 - ahhhhhhhhhhh, so good.
Mad Max beyond thunderdome - yeah, so....yeah.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
The first movie was kind of like Iggy Azelia trying to rap on stage. You have no idea what they're saying and you're kind of confused, but you still watch it anyways because why the hell not?

Ya fookin Turkey.

http://youtu.be/cFPUqXrztS8

That's a really good analogy. It took to reading the wikipedia page after watching to movie to figure out that they were, in fact, calling the captain "Fifi".

Edit: If Nintendo really wanted all my money, they'd license out the clothing designs from Splatoon. Some of the shirts and shoes are pretty cool.

Owzers

That's a really good analogy. It took to reading the wikipedia page after watching to movie to figure out that they were, in fact, calling the captain "Fifi".

Edit: If Nintendo really wanted all my money, they'd license out the clothing designs from Splatoon. Some of the shirts and shoes are pretty cool.

Forget that, I want to be a squid.

Boogiepop

Right, so, I went on a quest to my local comic stores and the general area in my quest for the first Annihilation trade for not insane prices. I failed that, but... I made a bit of an (awesome) impulse purchase for a good price. Found a cool little smaller, friendly shop, and there was... a Super Famicom and a ton of games.

Ended up walking away with the system and:
Yoshi's Island
Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem, and Genealogy of the Holy War (why did Thracia 776 have to not be there and be expensive online, but alas :( )
Dragon Quest I+II and III
Mario's Super Picross
Panel de Pon
Romancing Saga 2
Tactics Ogre: Let us Cling Together
Kirby's Dream Course
Shiren the Wanderer: Mystery Dungeon 2 (Edit: Just learned this is apparently the first Shiren game, but the second Mystery Dungeon game! Neat!)

But that maaaaaay have killed the budget I was considering for the Annihilation+Conquest+Guardians purchase. Guess that'll wait till my local con and the hopes I can find Annihilation for a decent price.

Owzers

I just didn't buy comics today. First time in a long time that I just didn't. I don't know what is happening. I just feel neutral. I'm tired.

You now spend hundreds of dollars for large, original comic pages and you're just supposed to go out there and buy these tiny books for ants that are mass produced? Because they have stories and junk? Hah.

Zombine

Banned
I would have sold them to you at cost. :/

Anyway, about Secret Wars #3. It's really, really good.

If you're still looking for a buyer let me know. Trying to get them was a bust and I own Marth and Ike :/

My wife and I saw this at the shop today and we both agreed it was flat out gorgeous. But we can't do $250 right now for a statue.

https://yamatotoysusa.com/?product=dc-comics-collection-harley-quinn-by-luis-royo

I totally considered that figure, but the more I look at it, the more I think it looks like it's made out of fondant.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
fuck there's a fire in my basement

nyfd has us on the roof

dog and i are freezing, wife is still in bk for a concert

this sucks

"We shouldn't do this here."

"The collateral damage-"

"Fuck the collateral damage! I'm worried about the cliche. Let's not to this at the Golden Gate Bridge like an unimaginative disaster-film director. We have a whole city to beat ourselves up in."

gonna miss this book

Shaanyboi

Banned
How is the Captain Marvel series? I heard such mixed things about it, but wasn't sure if t evened out or what have you.

Thank you!

The most recent run? Do you mean their first arc has a failed ending? Because I know this team is still going now.

Kelly Sue has done damn fine work with what I've read of Captain Marvel. What's surprising is that even when it doesn't feel super compelling, she nails her endings. You don't realize just how much you give a shit until you finally get there. In Pursuit of Flight, Down, and Avengers: Enemy Within act as a great trilogy (even Enemy Within being "okay" for the most part, it ends wonderfully). Haven't read the latest two trades, but I'm about to start them tomorrow.

In regards to Batgirl, Gail Simone did fine work. It's good. The new creative direction I thought was interesting and pretty cool, but... yeahhh they pull a move near the end of their first arc that I felt was pretty gross.
The reveal of this "evil Batgirl" ended up coming off as really transphobic and regressive. The team actually came out and admitted a failure there. Was still super disappointing.
I think it's still a cool take on the character, and will keep reading, but yeah.

fuck there's a fire in my basement

nyfd has us on the roof

dog and i are freezing, wife is still in bk for a concert

this sucks

Dude... shit! Hope things are okay :(

Top Bottom