• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

Action Comics #41:
Superman has been outed to the world and he's not operating at full capacity Link. Actually, powers-wise, we're looking at a Superman closer to Morrison's original New 52 run, so I'm guessing Pak wanted to play around with that more. It seems like the outing story is being handled over in Superman.
Solid story, despite the cover. Not that I expected less from Pak.
bcr4Imw.jpg

All-New X-Men #41: The Utopian story is done in one, huh? At least the X-Men now know the real lay of the land, Cyclops-style.
Random? Madison Jeffries? Also, I thought Elixir was dead? Link

Amazing Spider-Man 18.1: I'm sure everyone was looking for the return of Fancy Dan. Getting real tired of the Wraith plotline, but I get a feeling that we're wrapping it up.

Amazing Spider-Man: Renew your Vows #1: Crazy depressing!
Spider-Man kills Venom (Link) and disappears after the Avengers die against a no name villain I've never heard of.
If that's a happily married Spider-Man with kids, I don't want it.

Battleworld #2: Blade meets Howard the Duck. Still magical.

Green Arrow #41: Not a fan of this. Feels more like The Question than Green Arrow.

Green Lantern #41: Hal Jordan is Han Solo now. That's it. Not feeling this run either.

Justice League #41: GEOFF JOHNS WANTS YOU TO KNOW BIG THINGS ARE HAPPENING! DARKSEID!
GREY LADY BEATS UP THE JUSTICE LEAGUE WITH EASE! OWNS BATMAN AND CYBORG! SHATTERS WONDER WOMAN'S BRACELETS! PUNKS HAL JORDAN!
And Shazam has a scene we never need with Shazam.
On08qoG.jpg

Bonus: Hal Jordan is a failure.
dqnj9EA.jpg

Secret Wars #3: Holy shit, so good! Image 1. Image 2. Image 3.

Spider-Woman #8: Good end to the first arc, great setup for the status quo.

Squirrel-Girl #6: Tied with Secret Wars #3 for the best comic this week. Look at that cover!

Owzers

i hope that obnoxious NBA Playoffs song is over despite the finals being tomorrow.

babbbbbbbbbbbby baby baby baby baby baby baby baby baby This is awesome and you know it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUGy2UcEnt0

I feel like dying when i listen to that, as if my brain wants to jump out of my head and write me a letter a year later when a new song is chosen.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Is there a standard difference between the kinds of stories they tell in Action Comics vs Superman or Batman vs Detective Comics?

I always wondered about that.

Squire

Banned
Tell me a good starting Legion book. Preferably something available as a trade(s) on CMX. (Why does DC hate digital trades again?)

I'm all about the team books and this keeps coming up.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Because rebooting with #1s is something marvel never does...

Wait a second

Nudull

Banned
Is there a standard difference between the kinds of stories they tell in Action Comics vs Superman or Batman vs Detective Comics?

I always wondered about that.

Superman/Batman are your standard "main" stories while Action/Dectective deals with the more supernatural and "out there" aspects of their mythos.

Squire

Banned
Because rebooting with #1s is something marvel never does...

Wait a second

It's the specifics of it.
That characters will have their pasts in tact is HUGE
and might even spoil Secret Wars a little bit.

I'm thrilled to see FalCap, Thor, and Jess are sticking around though. Looks like a new Black Panther run is incoming too, which is fucking ace, especially after New Avengers.

PsychBat!

Banned
I'm excited.

Love how Coulson is being pushed some more in that image tho. I stopped giving a fuck about you a long time ago, son of Coul.

Squire

Banned
I mean, in theory
1610 and the rest of the multiverse aren't coming back.

So Secret Wars has already made its mark, regardless of the ending.

First book I read today was Batman Beyond #1. I really enjoyed it. I like Tim Drake taking on the role. I never watched the show so I wasn't attached to Terry. The last page was really interesting and can't wait to see how it plays out.
Eh...Tim taking the mantle? I mean, I love Tim...but Terry tho...
Ignoring the rest of the conversation... Is Jaime hated? I only know him from the Brave and the Bold show to be fair, but I liked him.
He's not hated.
I WILL FUCKING CUT YOU.

I dunno. I think he's awesome, but I get the sense that most people don't have strong feelings one way or the other aside from salty-ass Ted Kord fanboys who have trouble letting go, and also Gambit, who is a terrible person.
Jaime is a replacement for Ted simply in the sense of carrying the mantle. They are completely different characters otherwise. I like both of them.
Are you excited for Akrham Knight? I'm pretty excited for Arkham Knight! But are you more excited to play as Red Hood? I'm pretty excited to! But have you ever thought to yourself "I wish I could read some sort of comic starring him and maybe someone else. Does such comic exist?" Well have I got good news for you! There's a book called Red Hood/Arsenal, two bro's being bro's and engaging in bro hijinks! It comes out next week so don't wait, call now! And don't forget to preorder Arkham Knight at GameStop! Power to the Players!
Fuck you
Like it.
Oh hey new Black Panther. And Captain Falcon and FemThor.

Digging it super hard.
I'm excited.

Love how Coulson is being pushed some more in that image tho. I stopped giving a fuck about you a long time ago, son of Coul.
He's Marvel's equivalent to Harley Quinn (character created in outside media who got integrated into the comics for being so popular).

I like Coulson and the niche they've given him. The "superhero fanboy who knows everything about every hero." I dig it.
Is it just me, or is marvel collectively brighter nowadays?

Like tonally and I guess color palette.

It's not just you (it never is). I've noticed it, too. Feels a bit more in tune with the films.

Shaanyboi

Banned
NICK SPENCER'S ANT-MAN BETTER BE STICKING AROUND! Same with Silk.

Also, how is FalCap? Can I just jump into that #1 without too much confusion?

Also surprised Jessica made the banner proper.

Her book has been largely well received since the redesign. Wonder how it's been doing saleswise... Either way, Marvel doesn't have a whole ton of female characters it can really push into the spotlight, but Jess can be pretty cool.

New black Spider-Man.

New female Thor.

New Muslim Ms. Marvel.

Next-up: All-New All-Gay Hulk.
god i hope that's the title. lol

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Those rumors about the Netflix Ms. Marvel and Cloak & Dagger shows <3

Based Marvel. Man, so much stuff to watch. Its like I am in paradise.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Who is the guy with the bow?

Whaaaaaaaaat

Not sure how I'd feel about a Ms. Marvel show. So early in the character's run. I like Cloak & Dagger, though. I'm really digging using Netflix as the platform for the grittier, street-level shows. DD, Cage, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist are all great. DD definitely set the table for a Punisher series, as well as Moon Knight and Elektra. Hopefully a Blade series as well.

I want a new Blade comic. The Guggenheim run (the last one) was pretty good. Ended on a real downer, though (I mean, every vampire Blade has ever killed got resurrected. Hannibal King got cured of his bloodlust, though. Maybe).

Cloak & Dagger was also one of the many pilots pushed when AoS got greenlit.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Ah, there is a ANAD Marvel Teaser with Peter Parker Spider-Man. Good.
Last question is, is this the important Peter or some irrelevant non-616 guy?

Maybe he sets up a Spider-Cave and takes Miles as his Sidekick.

Top Bottom