• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

Is Convergence over? For some reason I thought it was going to last longer. Either way, I'm excited for more Gotham Academy and Grayson. I need to check out Midnighter as well.

Yeah,,, I have #1-8 at home,, and like 5 or 6 different 2 issue mini Convergence tie-ins...
and I'm not really dying to read any of them :/ lol

How was the regular 1-8 Convergence books?

----

"Current Preorder Month: May 2015"

Urgh cooommmeee oonnnn DCBS

Yeah,,, I have #1-8 at home,, and like 5 or 6 different 2 issue mini Convergence tie-ins...

I enjoyed the main series a lot, some interesting stuff was done in it. Quite a few of the tie ins turned out really well. Specially Shazam, Blue Beetle, Booster Gold, Superboy with the Legion, The 90s Superboy one, and the JSA one just to name a few off the top of my head.

I enjoyed the main series a lot, some interesting stuff was done in it. Quite a few of the tie ins turned out really well. Specially Shazam, Blue Beetle, Booster Gold, Superboy with the Legion, The 90s Superboy one, and the JSA one just to name a few off the top of my head.

I also liked Superman, Adventures of Superman and Matrix Supergirl, to add to your list.

Have you noticed how announcements like Marvel's seem to make a lot of comics fans really angry?

YOU'RE DOING WHAT TO MY FAVOURITE CHARACTER? THERE'S TOO MANY WHITE PEOPLE. THERE'S TOO MANY BLACK PEOPLE. GRRRR.

Quite entertaining really.

Justice League 41 was great. I'm excited to see this fight. Shame it'll probably be a few issues away.

Midnighter 1 was good too even having no previous knowledge of the character.

Green Arrow 41 I'm kind of cold on. Nothing felt unique and it all read pretty generic to me.

Still have a few issues from yesterday I hope to read today.

Messi

Have you noticed how announcements like Marvel's seem to make a lot of comics fans really angry?

YOU'RE DOING WHAT TO MY FAVOURITE CHARACTER? THERE'S TOO MANY WHITE PEOPLE. THERE'S TOO MANY BLACK PEOPLE. GRRRR.

Quite entertaining really.

ALL the announcements make me happy. I am all for new and different.

If you do a black and white comic,

philosoraptor-t2.jpg

Is the inker also the colorist?

CBTech

Oh, I haven't read any of them! I just noticed the Midnighter release and a bunch of new #1s for the old books like Action Comics and Justice League and was surprised because I thought Convergence was going to last another month for some reason.

tumblr_npe5xf030l1ux5yr7o1_540.png

this pic makes me want a hawkeye beach annual
I dig it
I think All New Hawkeye would be better without the flashbacks.
I'd agree except the flashbacks look soooooooo good
Batman Beyond was OK to pretty good. It's kind of weird that we're really going to go down the path of "Tim inserts himself into every part of Terry's life in a weird doppelganger replacement", right off the bat. I mean these are nostalgia things that only Terry fans would know so why include them? Why not make a fresh break.
...what? I'll need to pick this up when I go to pick up my weeklies
"Imma killer grrrr"
"No wait, I'm a jobber grrrr"
"Hol' up, now I'm actually Prof X grrr"
"But I'm still a killer grrrr"
"Also I'm now an Avenger on a squad with Cap America who beats up Frank Castle for killing people grrrrr"

Stay dead, Logan.
Please do
Old Man Logan to be introduced. Written by Bendis.
Shit

Shit man

I like this

Old Man Logan is best Logan

ALL the announcements make me happy. I am all for new and different.

I'm quite looking forward to a clean break. There's a lot of series' I would have liked to jump into but when they're 40 or so issues in, it's a bit intimidating. I hope there's a Black Panther solo book.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
copped & read the first 4 issues of The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl

i... don't think i "get" it. i love quirky stuff like Superior Foes, Ms Marvel and the like but this strikes me more like Slott's She-Hulk which i also wasn't a huge fan of.

I'm quite looking forward to a clean break. There's a lot of series' I would have liked to jump into but when they're 40 or so issues in, it's a bit intimidating. I hope there's a Black Panther solo book.

FYI, the Priest run is being reprinted in Complete Collections in August

On the Mad Max thingie, it works far better if you imagine Wake in Fright being the prequel to Mad Max 2.

I can't think of the last time I enjoyed a story because of Peter. He has some great small moments but by in large he just does nothing for me. When he got control of his body back in Superior most were fist pumping but I was like...

Inhuman Error.

Next-up: All-New All-Gay Hulk.
Iceman's got that covered, mate.

mreddie

Wow, Gambit actually recommended Ultimate Hawkeye to kids... you know, the one where his family is killed by Black Widow.

Owzers

My pull list is wide open for Marvel to impress, mainly since i dropped all DC and waiting for Secret Wars tie-ins to hit MU.

How many of you guys/girls/squids wait 2 months to buy DC digital books after the price drop? So far it looks like i'll want to pick up the Bizarro trade and maybe Justice League digitally.

Mr. Alonso said it's not gonna be on the cover.

Hmmm maybe it will be on the story pages like the AXIS banners. All New All Different All New All Different All New All DIfferent

That whole thread is one of the best things i've read in OT in months.

Also managed to get my mitts on Kyle Baker's Plastic Man. Awww yiss

Those are all ongoings. I think Prez is a mini, along with Section 8 and some others.

Power Girl and Harley is definitely a mini series.

"Stephane Roux will now be launching a Harley Quinn/Power Girl mini-series to go alongside the Harley Quinn series."

I could have sworn I saw that about Starfire too but I guess I'm wrong.

There were like 4 or 5 titles that had 6 issue mini-series next to them but I can't find the announcements now.

Messi

"From the writers of the outrageous smash hit HARLEY QUINN comes former Outlaw Starfire in her all-new ongoing series! She’s an alien warrior princess trying to find peace on Earth, and she’ll fight anyone and anything to get it!"

Yeah I'm wrong about Starfire, seems its just Bat-mite, Bizarro, Power Girl and Harley, and Section 8 that are minis. I really could have sworn there was another one, but I guess not.

Owzers

I was ready to dislike Spider-verse #1 but it was a fun spidey diversion. I don't think this event is strong though and hasn't felt like it's gone anywhere despite it literally spanning the multiverse.

Top Bottom