• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

Started in on New 52 Aquaman, and am really liking it so far. Are The Others a Geoff Johns thing, or have they been around before. I love Vostok's design and silly comic-y backstory.

I think there's an extremely high chance we'll get some cool Others and Torpo in the Aquaman movie

James Wan's twitter:

https://twitter.com/creepypuppet/status/606533206347816960

I really liked the self referential humor Johns used in the first few issues. I hope we see that in the movie because it addressed the elephant in the room when it comes to Aquaman and his Superfriends stigma. I really want to see who they will have playing Mera, because she really is the other half of Aquaman and she's such an awesome character.

Guys Lebron almost beat Golden State, but now Kyrie is dead and I think we're screwed. I hate Cleveland sports, I really do.

I didn't read any comics last night because I thought they could win. :-/

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
continuing my Ultimate Spider-Man read and really loving it.

just got to the BIG part
where Miles' mom dies and the next issue opens onto "One Year Later."

when Bendis works, he works - i feel like i had a smile on my face through every issue

also, it appears Kate Bishop is rad in every reality

The Wicked + The Divine 11

zommg.gif

I'm not okay

Zombine

Banned
I have never understood the obsession with celebrities and celebrity gossip.

Their handlers are harder to deal with. They honest to God aren't that "great." Think about people obsessing over you because of your job and that's what it's like.

Owzers

How are Invisible Republic and RunloveOliviaWilde from Image? Deciding if i want to add one to my dcbs order since they are 4.99.

Zombine

Banned
Haha, I love how little anyone knows about what I actually do.

I think you said before that they basically make you do everything including website maintenance? It sounds like a fun job but I always get scared when jobs are reliant on funding.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Brick by Ben Folds Five is such a fitting song right now. Just another obstacle in my life.

A Ben Folds fan!? I knew I liked you, Rafa. I was listening to Ben Folds all day at work yesterday.
...And I played some Ben Folds on the piano when I was home on my lunch.

With that said, if Brick is such a fitting song right now...
does that mean you're having an abortion?

tim1138

I think you said before that they basically make you do everything including website maintenance? It sounds like a fun job but I always get scared when jobs are reliant on funding.

I update our intranet site, but I work in the private sector, not the public. I do research for a living.

Kipp

I really, really want to reread Unknown Soldier right now. If I actually had time today, I would totally plop down on my couch and read like 10 issues of it. And I think I actually mean that.
Look at me. Actually wanting to read comics. Not doing it, but wanting to. That's close enough I think.

Zimbone, did you ever get around to reading Unknown Soldier?

Nice! Well I hope that's something you enjoy!

I see what you are doing, but you cant be me.

This is the work of a crazy person, you aren't on that level.

ojPsG0J.png
nice
jiWbHLH.png

finished Superior Foes. What a crazy, ridiculous funny book. It's not perfect - some of those Lieber layouts in action scenes are messy (ex: bar fight in #15), Nick Spencer looooooooooves packing in as many twists and contrivances as possible.. there's SO MANY in the last couple issues. i imagine Morning Glories is like it but less self-aware and funny (so, insufferable, basically) but even SFoSM gets maybe too aware-of-itself by the end. but there's so much character that it made me like a bunch of jobber assholes and i legit lol'd several times. I'm glad this book happened.

Glad you liked it, I really loved the series while it was going on. The way Spencer just layered on the twists at the end was great. Him and Lieber made it really hard not to love their cast of assholes and losers. Really fun series. Ant-Man is pretty good so far if you enjoyed that, Janice even makes an appearance in it and she's great.

tim1138

I really, really want to reread Unknown Soldier right now. If I actually had time today, I would totally plop down on my couch and read like 10 issues of it. And I think I actually mean that.
Look at me. Actually wanting to read comics. Not doing it, but wanting to. That's close enough I think.

Zimbone, did you ever get around to reading Unknown Soldier?

Nice! Well I hope that's something you enjoy!

Wouldn't do it if I didn't like it.

And man, I could go for some Unknown Soldier myself.

Kipp

Wouldn't do it if I didn't like it.

And man, I could go for some Unknown Soldier myself.

Glad to hear it. One day I hope to be working a job I enjoy somewhat. Haha

And let's do it. Unknown Soldier mini-reading-club this weekend? I think I could reasonably commit to reading at least 10 issues over the weekend.

Owzers

You guys should probably go to the store and buy them then shouldn't you.

Edit : sent

Thanksssssss. Speaking of comic stores, it's been about five years since i've been to one, kind of miss it, but there isn't one around me. I didn't like the one i used to go to much either, seemed like a place a sniffer would thrive in. Also, started to read Groot and the art is great, as is some of the rocket exchanges with groot, not too sure on the ending though. I hope it doesn't follow the same path as Rocket Raccoon where the plotting just gets blandsville after 5 issues.

Messi

Thanksssssss. Speaking of comic stores, it's been about five years since i've been to one, kind of miss it, but there isn't one around me. I didn't like the one i used to go to much either, seemed like a place a sniffer would thrive in. Also, started to read Groot and the art is great, as is some of the rocket exchanges with groot, not too sure on the ending though.

Pls we do not discuss reading comic books here. Can you go find the relevant thread for this and let us stay on topic.

tim1138

Glad to hear it. One day I hope to be working a job I enjoy somewhat. Haha

And let's do it. Unknown Soldier mini-reading-club this weekend? I think I could reasonably commit to reading at least 10 issues over the weekend.

It'd be a great book club pick, maybe whenever the four people reading Stray Bullets finish?

Kipp

Oh man, I just remembered that Dave Johnson also does the absolutely stunning covers for that run.

It'd be a great book club pick, maybe whenever the four people reading Stray Bullets finish?

I would say yes, but doing the proper book club thing for Strangers in Paradise didn't really work too well for me.

Top Bottom