• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

zennyzz

Somebody recommend a recent-ish indie series and I will try it this weekend. I've got my money allocated for the Steam sale and I've got some cash spare, need something new to read and the big stack of Marvel and DC I've got is not looking appealing right now.

We can never go home

Congrats?
Nah brah. Rafa has boyhood crush on Chick Fil A girl. Rafa suspects last night that CFA girl may be pregnant, wearing an abnormally large short or neither. Due to my weak peripheral vision I wasn't able to confirm. It's hard enough to ask a girl out at her work, possibly through a drive through and then if it turns out she's pregnant!? That's a humbling experience right there. Help me!!!!

Messi

hvxUPTw.jpeg

Somebody recommend a recent-ish indie series and I will try it this weekend. I've got my money allocated for the Steam sale and I've got some cash spare, need something new to read and the big stack of Marvel and DC I've got is not looking appealing right now.

Bandette!

(Though I guess there is a high chance you've already read it).

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Gameproffs usually make me feel concerned for his safety so Rafa wins

Guys, just to make this clear, I wont hurt myself. If this whole thing explodes my heart will just splitter in thousand pieces and I will feel utterly bad for a couple of weeks. But hurting myself is a thing that will most likel not happen.

tim1138

Gameproffs usually make me feel concerned for his safety so Rafa wins

Gameproff'so posts are very existential. Rafa posts like the old comic book version of Kurt Vonnegut.

I always assume with Gameproff there's just something lost in translation since English isn't his first language, hence the existential nature of them. But the again he is from the home of Kafka, so...

Rafa is truly a wordsmith, there is no doubt about that.

Bandette!

(Though I guess there is a high chance you've already read it).

This this this

Or

Lumberjanes

I've read the first volume of Bandette, it was good. I have volume one of Lumberjanes from the Boom Humble Bundle, I'll check it out.

We can never go home

Not on CMX EU, but I found their own site selling DRM-free copies. It sounds AMAZING, so I will try it. $3 is pretty good for a new comic these days.

Messi

You have good tastes. BTW keep plugging away on GL. It starts a bit empty and just "ok" but once sinestro war happens Johns goes into top tier mode and rides that wave for a long while

I'll say Strangers in Paradise

Real Talk. Strangers in Paradise is my favorite comic book I've ever read .

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I always assume with Gameproff there's just something lost in translation since English isn't his first language, hence the existential nature of them. But the again he is from the home of Kafka, so...

Rafa is truly a wordsmith, there is no doubt about that.

Eh, Kafka was from Austria-Hungary :D

But thanks :D

fauxtrot

Banned
Nah brah. Rafa has boyhood crush on Chick Fil A girl. Rafa suspects last night that CFA girl may be pregnant, wearing an abnormally large short or neither. Due to my weak peripheral vision I wasn't able to confirm. It's hard enough to ask a girl out at her work, possibly through a drive through and then if it turns out she's pregnant!? That's a humbling experience right there. Help me!!!!

The only thing to do at this point is to go back this weekend and confirm/deny. Even if she is pregnant, that doesn't necessarily mean she's in a relationship, so don't let a little thing like step-parenthood stop you from fulfilling your destiny!

I guess the best course of action would be to go in next time. Better view points and such. Being in the vicinity of my aura should. Then I can get TRUE confirmation. If we encounter each other, I'll just give her my number. I think that's probably the best course of action.

I dunno whose non sequitur posts I like more, Rafa or Gameproff.

That's tough. Gameproff's vague posts combined with the avatar are great at setting a sort of suspenseful tone. I always need to see his next post to see where it goes and where he ends up,

Rafa has a way with words though. He's truly a master of his craft and knows how to form some well-crafted sentences. He would make Morrison jealous.

The only thing to do at this point is to go back this weekend and confirm/deny. Even if she is pregnant, that doesn't necessarily mean she's in a relationship, so don't let a little thing like step-parenthood stop you from fulfilling your destiny!
Yeah I only work Saturday, Sunday and Monday so I can't do that. But you are right, there's no reason to go into a panic. She could be a surrogate, an abnormally large shirt, maybe 200 percent cotton, there's many reasons. Just wish my vision wasn't like a T Rex's and based on movement. Thursday and Friday for sure, I make a mass. GAAAAAAHHHHH

zennyzz

I've read the first volume of Bandette, it was good. I have volume one of Lumberjanes from the Boom Humble Bundle, I'll check it out.

Not on CMX EU, but I found their own site selling DRM-free copies. It sounds AMAZING, so I will try it. $3 is pretty good for a new comic these days.

Black Mask does a lot of indie comics I like

But the again, if she was pregnant, why would she lean two people over and laugh at my joke? Would she put it in harms way like that or is she so far along in the pregnancy that she feels safe? For those wondering, some other broad asked me if I wanted condiments or dipping sauces and I said, I wasn't feeling that adventurous today. I mean, who laughs at that? Just going to be a rough several days, a week, I don't know. And yes, this is how my mind really works.

Calcium

Banned
But the again, if she was pregnant, why would she lean two people over and laugh at my joke? Would she put it in harms way like that or is she so far along in the pregnancy that she feels safe? For those wondering, some other broad asked me if I wanted condiments or dipping sauces and I said, I wasn't feeling that adventurous today. I mean, who laughs at that? Just going to be a rough several days, a week, I don't know. And yes, this is how my mind really works.

She's looking for someone to take care of the kid. Nobody would laugh at that.

Exactly how much do you know about pregnancies...

Messi

Oooh. Did it finally best Sunstone? I seem to recall you having sunstone above it a while back. But it should be required reading for any hijinks or slice of life fan

If Sunstone continues the same quality it will be right up there but the consistency in SiP is simply amazing. The art and writing never slip.

You know what. It makes me uncomfortable saying Sunstone isn't top. So let's say they are both wonderful.

If Sunstone continues the same quality it will be right up there but the consistency in SiP is simply amazing. The art and writing never slip.

i love it to death but it has one roadbump and that was
the retcon. I understood why he did it since he wrote himself in a corner but its still a jarring moment in the run.

tim1138

Rafa my friend, you need to channel your inner Sheik. Humble that fear and apprehension, put it in the proverbial camel clutch and break its back. The worst thing that can happen is her telling you "no".

tim1138

Dude
DUDE
Read it. It's so smart and kinda sad and the art is some of the best I've ever seen. Roger langrige meets Philip bond with the curve of a Gustavo Duarte and coloring that would make paul hornscheimer blush.
Comic. Of. The. Year.

Return to form for James Robinson?

Top Bottom