• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

Nah brah. Rafa has boyhood crush on Chick Fil A girl. Rafa suspects last night that CFA girl may be pregnant, wearing an abnormally large short or neither. Due to my weak peripheral vision I wasn't able to confirm. It's hard enough to ask a girl out at her work, possibly through a drive through and then if it turns out she's pregnant!? That's a humbling experience right there. Help me!!!!

Assuming you aren't Rob Liefeld. You should call him up and ask him for advice!

Rafa my friend, you need to channel your inner Sheik. Humble that fear and apprehension, put it in the proverbial camel clutch and break its back. The worst thing that can happen is her telling you "no".
You're right brah. I just have to step in the middle of that squared circle. I can do this!

Zombine

Banned
Lol
Your loss. Hope that all essential four bucks serves you well elsewhere.

Speaking of four bucks, Subway is bullshit. When you get a sub on its own it's like $6. If you combine it with chips and a drink it's a deal and costs like $6 as well. Use your points for the free sub and still get the drink and chips and it's like $4.

Why.

I'd rather buy the book or invest in my budding Gundam Model Making career.

Messi

But the again, if she was pregnant, why would she lean two people over and laugh at my joke? Would she put it in harms way like that or is she so far along in the pregnancy that she feels safe? For those wondering, some other broad asked me if I wanted condiments or dipping sauces and I said, I wasn't feeling that adventurous today. I mean, who laughs at that? Just going to be a rough several days, a week, I don't know. And yes, this is how my mind really works.

hVxxezr.gif

Calcium

Banned
Speaking of four bucks, Subway is bullshit. When you get a sub on its own it's like $6. If you combine it with chips and a drink it's a deal and costs like $6 as well. Use your points for the free sub and still get the drink and chips and it's like $4.

Food is pretty "meh" too.

Now that pee joke was tag worthy!

Haha, does a tag really mean that much to you? Let it go, man.

Why.

I'd rather buy the book or invest in my budding Gundam Model Making career.

Its 2015, bro. We don't have to buy Subway's cardboard ass sandwiches anymore.

We free now

"Going back to my infamous pizza analogy: there are going to be a few new toppings on the pie. [Laughs]"

this isn't a Rafa mockery, he really said this shit fam

Id post my depressing things but I'll feel like an idiot. Cheska already yelled at me for it anyways.

And rafa i think if you ask her out she has to say My pleasure. Thats what my chick fil a girls say when i ask for barbeque sauce.

my academic life is on hold for now. It's an awful feeling.
Doing my best to hide it in public.
I feel like a dumbass.

That was me last semester. Don't feel dumb just sit down with yourself and really think out what you'd like to do and come up with a life plan for the next few years. The classes aren't running away you can always try again next semester.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Lol
Your loss. Hope that all essential four bucks serves you well elsewhere.

My "try something new" four bucks already went out to Midnighter this week. I didn't completely understand it, but am intrigued. The only thing that I knew about the character was "Gay Batman dating Gay Superman" so I didn't have much to work with, and now that's only half right.

Florence + the machine purchased and of monsters and men next week. It's new Indy music June. Woot

Hah and my brother just released his third album. I think it's his best yet

Holy shit, Brevoort can spin so fucking hard. It's beautiful.

Nrama: Point taken. Getting back to seasons and as you say the end of the idea of high-numbered series, as a long-time fan yourself that understands other long-time fans, will you miss the era of long-running series at all?

Brevoort: Yes and no. And this is a question you grapple with as you work in this business. It’s different for me than someone working in the world. Out in the world there’s an emotional connection, tied into nostalgia, time and effort devoted to book. It’s different for me, as I have to follow what the marketplace demands. I can wax nostalgically about a series getting to issue #600, but what’s most important to me is what’s inside the book: the actual story.

Issue numbers are, to a certain degree, a confidence trick coined by someone back in the 1930s to put issue numbers rather than just dates like most other magazines had and continue to have. It’s a false thing; as far as the number goes, there’s no real specific difference between #100, #99 or #64, other than what we choose to invest in it.

What I want is great material – great stories – that is informed by the past but looks to the future. If I have good comic books, I’m not worried about what number it is.

I certainly understand all of the complaints about how it makes filing and storing books or shopping for back issues more difficult; those are legitimate concerns, but that’s not at the forefront of my concerns. My chief concern is making sure Marvel makes the money it needs to make so that our editorial crew can continue to do a good job, that the talent can be happy, that the lights will stay on and that we get to continue what we do.

I’ve long since come to grips with the fact that issue numbers are going to roll over.

Zombine

Banned
If I found out Taco Bell was made with cat food I probably wouldn't care.

My expectations for that movie are so low it can't possibly miss. I just want to go to the movies with my wife and daughter and watch dinosaurs eat people

Ugh I have said multiple times that this looks kind of crap. Here is my anticipated ranking:

1. Jurassic Park
2. The Lost World
3. Jurassic World
4. JP3

fauxtrot

Banned
I was all set to drop my hard earned cash on The Spire #1, but now that I see Brian Wood is supporting it, I can no longer do so in good conscience.

Just kidding, I can't wait for July!

fauxtrot

Banned
Ugh I have said multiple times that this looks kind of crap. Here is my anticipated ranking:

1. Jurassic Park
2. The Lost World
3. Jurassic World
4. JP3

I don't think I'll ever truly be able to enjoy another Jurassic Park movie after having read that batshit insane (and maybe fake?) sequel script that was about genetically modified human/dog/dinos with cybernetic parts. I'll always be thinking "Why couldn't we have gotten that movie instead?"

Top Bottom