• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

tim1138

I think they should start at 1000 and go backwards, or maybe start at one and go into negative numbers. Oh, even better! Number in emoji and wingdings!

zennyzz

The only thing I'm adding is why you'd renumber to #1. And that's just obvious based on his making money comment later in the statement.

I guess I look at it this way; if you don't feel numbers matter why number at all?

Who knows, maybe come October, they won't.

You're extrapolating a point from the statement that you want to make, and not actually referring to what he said.

You're trying to make his statement a spin of something else that's not actually in the discussion that they were having.

Squire

Banned
The only thing I'm adding is why you'd renumber to #1. And that's just obvious based on his making money comment later in the statement.

I guess I look at it this way; if you don't feel numbers matter why number at all?

Who knows, maybe come October, they won't.

Is whether or not a book starts at #1 or #100 something he can control though?

Breevorts personal opinion is the crux of the whole thing. I'm not sure your argument has any standing until you acknowledge that.

If I had just one wish
Only one demand
I hope he's not like me
I hope he understands
That he can take this life
And hold it by the hand
And he can great the world
With arms wide open

Hey guys. I just got back from my LCS after picking up all of Snyder and Capullo's run on Batman in trades to see this beautiful .99c special on comixology. I'm not sure what to get from the New 52, but I really enjoyed what I've read from the Batman and Wonder Woman that I have physically. I really like collecting them physically, but I mean 99c is too good a deal to pass up, so what I'm wondering is what New 52 titles included in this sale would you guys recommend ? I see this Harley stuff is on there and I'm wondering if this is legit quality comix or if Messi is just cray cray.

I loved Morrison's Batman stuff, so I figure I'll probably grab his Action Comics run. My brother is really interested in the Flash, and I've heard good things about John's run. How is the new 52 stuff ?

Messi

Hey guys. I just got back from my LCS after picking up all of Snyder and Capullo's run on Batman in trades to see this beautiful .99c special on comixology. I'm not sure what to get from the New 52, but I really enjoyed what I've read from the Batman and Wonder Woman that I have physically. I really like collecting them physically, but I mean 99c is too good a deal to pass up, so what I'm wondering if what New 52 titles included in this sale would you guys recommend ? I see this Harley stuff is on there and I'm wondering if this is legit quality comix or if Messi is just cray cray.

I loved Morrison's Batman stuff, so I figure I'll probably grab his Action Comics run. My brother is really interested in the Flash, and I've heard good things about John's run. How is the new 52 stuff ?

I take offense to this. I never recommend bad books intentionally. This is money we are talking about

tim1138

Hey guys. I just got back from my LCS after picking up all of Snyder and Capullo's run on Batman in trades to see this beautiful .99c special on comixology. I'm not sure what to get from the New 52, but I really enjoyed what I've read from the Batman and Wonder Woman that I have physically. I really like collecting them physically, but I mean 99c is too good a deal to pass up, so what I'm wondering if what New 52 titles included in this sale would you guys recommend ? I see this Harley stuff is on there and I'm wondering if this is legit quality comix or if Messi is just cray cray.

New 52 Flash is boring as fuck

Harley is enjoyable month to month. It's inoffensive and fun every issue.

Heard new52 Flash is pretty but bland, doesn't sound very good.

I'd recommend Geoff Johns' Superman run. It starts at issue 32 and ends with 39 and it's great. Last two issues aren't on sale unfortunately.

SoilBreak

Banned

Aquaman

Get Greg Pak's Action Comics & Geoff Johns's Superman too.

I heard Flash is pretty good, not as much praise as John's run but still good.

Action Comics is good, Aquaman is excellent. Check out animal man #1 and if you're interested pick it up. It's more horror based. I liked Swamp Thing by Snyder as well, not sure if that is in the sale.

Yeah there's been hints to a bunch of new books launching in October. Kind of a part 2 of the DC You thing.

I guess that is where we'll hear more about Supergirl at the very least.

Goodnight you comic fans who think it's a reboot when you relaunch a line wide event with new numbers ones into a reboot and mah two universes together and call it brand new. Goodnight.

Morrison's Action Comics isn't that great outside of a couple later issues, IMO. Hell I like Paks run of Action Comics more.

My recommendations of the top stuff in the sale:
- Aquaman run is great both Johns and Parker
- Wonder Woman is excellent (Only Azz)
- Green Arrow #17-34 (Lemire/Sorrento)
- John's/Romita Superman run #32-#39 (Note not all in sale)

Enjoyable next tier:
- Finish out John's GL if you've been reading up to this point. Gets a bit weak but has the strongest end of a run ever
- John's JL is kind of mindless, blockbuster fun. I think he's trying more later in the run once he got to branch out and sneak in some of the more fringe DC characters. Oh and his Shazam backup is actually the best thing out of the book
- Supes/WW is surprisingly enjoyable

Make sure to save money for whichever weekl they run the sale for Batwoman.

I take offense to this. I never recommend bad books intentionally. This is money we are talking about

It's ok Messi, some people just don't understand genius.

Dang, I wasn't really feeling any of Geoff's Justice League before #40 and #41. This is some excellent shit. I wish every issue from now on could be 40 pages+.

Messi

I will be reading this trade in two years. Cavs will have won a championship by then.

Russ-Troll.gif

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
I was warned when I got the first one that it would be a slippery slope. It is, but I don't care. My second page came in today and it's glorious.

It's from Secret Avengers 1, but Michael Walsh. Up close you can see the whiteout.

I'll stop now, or I'll run out of money and wall space.

Also, seconded on recommending Aquaman, it's been great so far (I'm right before the end of Johns' run). And I'd throw in for Action Comics 26-29, it's a fairly contained story that breaks your heart a little. I want to say it was GrandHarrier that put me on to it.

I said wars before.

Messi

I was warned when I got the first one that it would be a slippery slope. It is, but I don't care. My second page came in today and it's glorious.

It's from Secret Wars 1, but Michael Walsh. Up close you can see the whiteout.

Secret Avengers* and that is a really damn cool page. I would love to have the one of Jess in the car with the bomb.

Oh and you cant turn back now. You have the itch.

Zombine

Banned

It's from Secret Avengers 1, but Michael Walsh. Up close you can see the whiteout.

Also, seconded on recommending Aquaman, it's been great so far (I'm right before the end of Johns' run). And I'd throw in for Action Comics 26-29, it's a fairly contained story that breaks your heart a little. I want to say it was GrandHarrier that put me on to it.

I said wars before.

Welcome 2 da club

So gorgeous!

I legit love that page in that issue.

Zombine

Banned
I was psyched it was still available. I love the action in last three panels, and I'm a big Coulson fan.

I always think it's great when big fans are the one who are able to score pages of their favorite characters. I try to only buy pages of characters or artists I am completely enamoured by as to not step on the toes of someone who may want something with their favorite character.

Unless you're Messi. Then I will buy everything you ever wanted.

Owzers

Started up Witcher 3 because the ps4 version was patched...i don't like the character movement speed, i'm still going too slow or too fast and spinning around awkwardly when trying to loot stuff, but apart from that 3 hours of playing whooshed by and my eyeballs are tired. I am a squidcher.

edit: And apparently i'm bad at the game because i had problems avoiding hits from the first non-big contract, just the smaller lvl 2 well contract.

IMO if your going to do a #1 issue it should either be a hard reboot or at least a total revamp of the concept (like Warren Ellis's Moon Knight). The fact that this is just another season of Marvel NOW is super lame after all the hype and mystery and the destruction of 616.

Sandfox

IMO if your going to do a #1 issue it should either be a hard reboot or at least a total revamp of the concept (like Warren Ellis's Moon Knight). The fact that this is just another season of Marvel NOW is super lame after all the hype and mystery and the destruction of 616.

Hard reboots are dumb IMO and I think you're underestimating the number of changes there will seemingly be after the event.

Top Bottom