• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

SoilBreak

Banned
rZFlyK9.png

Tall-ComicGaf vs. Small-Comicgaf

5'7 brahs

I read the Emma Rios/Nick Spencer Spider-Island: Cloak and Dagger mini and it was DOPE. Bummed that this never became a full series bc these two superstars are great at the "young romance" and "supernatural stuff" things

5'7 brahs

I read the Emma Rios/Nick Spencer Spider-Island: Cloak and Dagger mini and it was DOPE. Bummed that this never became a full series bc these two superstars are great at the "young romance" and "supernatural stuff" things

I think it really came down to literally nobody on the planet giving a fuck about Cloak and Dagger.

They try to bring them back once a decade, niggas like "wait...who are these people again" and go back to reading Batman. Then they go in the safe again.

I think it really came down to literally nobody on the planet giving a fuck about Cloak and Dagger.

They try to bring them back once a decade, niggas like "wait...who are these people again" and go back to reading Batman. Then they go in the safe again.
I mean yeah but man they seem rad

It's hard being a fan of cool C-listers

Ain't most of you outside the US? Why are you all using that barbaric imperial measurement system?

Join me, my brothers that have from 180 to 185 centimeters in height! With our not too short, not too tall, perfectly ideal height we shall make the world tremble!

6ft 1 or 2

Back to Axiom Verge. Guuuys I'm stuck. Where's my wave Point? I'm stuck and the game won't tell me where exactly to go. Is there a 1 900 tip line I can call?

like the throwback game design. It's refreshing

Best soundtrack. Nice twists. Very good game. You met the stonelizards that attack with poisonfarts and need to be drilled to death yet?

frye

Every so often they try to make Cloak and Dagger A Thing (remember when they were mutants) and then it never catches on because 99% of their appeal if the cool visual

Messi

Ain't most of you outside the US? Why are you all using that barbaric imperial measurement system?

Join me, my brothers that have from 180 to 185 centimeters in height! With our not too short, not too tall, perfectly ideal height we shall make the world tremble!

Best soundtrack. Nice twists. Very good game. You met the stonelizards that attack with poisonfarts and need to be drilled to death yet?

1273494979150.gif

They got cancelled in the 80s and early 90s. A period of historic success for the industry, sales wise. Do you know how much people have to NOT give a fuck about you to get cancelled at this time? THE POWER PACK HAD A MORE SUCCESSFUL ONGOING.

They tried having Spider-Man as a co-star, the New Mutants showed up, two Marvel Graphic Novels, I mean they tried to make these two happen. But they didn't.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Wtf 1.85m is short now?

Guess I'm a midget at 1.70 :/

Owzers

Groot #1's ending is keeping me from adding #2 to my dcbs order...I can't move on.
So Rocket straps a booster pack to Groot and that's supposed to help him escape from a ship?
Close strong!

It's cool, hyperthyroidism bros. While your gigantic, swollen hearts might take you to an earlier grave, know that i'll always have you in my mind whenever i'm perfectly able to face long flights, visit eastern countries, and find shoes and clothing at my size absolutely anywhere in the globe.

And yes, Rhaknar, 1.70cm will put you under the average male height for quite a lot of developed western countries.

It's ok, tho. Just do it like Downey.

Man are C&D even present for Secret Wars

I'm gonna get my wish but it's gonna be like Sam Humphries and some other outsourced jobber
They got cancelled in the 80s and early 90s. A period of historic success for the industry, sales wise. Do you know how much people have to NOT give a fuck about you to get cancelled at this time? THE POWER PACK HAD A MORE SUCCESSFUL ONGOING.

They tried having Spider-Man as a co-star, the New Mutants showed up, two Marvel Graphic Novels, I mean they tried to make these two happen. But they didn't.
Dat 66-issue run for pre-Harley Suicide Squad, where the premise is that they're D-listers. Good times

I'm sure GS CEO or someone from the company has pitched selling comics. The truth of the matter is that GS is capable of monopolizing the market and making comics big.

SoilBreak

Banned
Man are C&D even present for Secret Wars

I'm gonna get my wish but it's gonna be like Sam Humphries and some other outsourced jobber

Dat 66-issue run for pre-Harley Suicide Squad, where the premise is that they're D-listers. Good times

They're in Secret wars runaways.

Zombine

Banned
Sitting in certain parts of Anfield is crippling. There's so little space my feet won't even rest flat on the ground. Must be awful for really tall people.

On the flip side, the first row in balcony seating at the movies with the leg room and the railing are a dream for those of us that are 6'4+, because I just put my legs all the way out and rest my feet on the railing.

Voror

Picked up the recommended trades and read through them all. Quite liked all of them.

Batman: Earth One Vol. 2 was something of a surprise for me, though part of it may be that I never bothered reading the first one. It was interesting seeing this sort of take on Batman with him being extremely green in a lot of respects, but still showing signs of what he can eventually be. The twists on the villains were alright, though the Two-Face one probably won't pan out until the next volume. I'll definitely keep an eye on that whenever it comes and I wonder if that's when they'll finally tackle the Joker.

Thor: God of Thunder Vol. 1 was also really good, though I'd read the introductory issues of that one before falling off for whatever reason. I like Ribic's art mostly, but he's always seemed to have some trouble with faces I think. That said, the time travel aspect of it all was pretty fun in seeing these different versions of Thor playing off one another and the God-Butcher was an interesting enough villain.

Only major problem is more that the volume's binding seemed a little loose in some areas. Nothing too bad so long as I'm careful, but it's still something that irks the hell out of me.

Is the second volume covering the rest of the run before the switch to the female Thor worth getting as well? I know there was an arc about Malekith that was sort of a tie-in to the movie, but nothing beyond that.

Batman: Zero Hour - Secret City and Dark City were also quite good, though I agree with the criticism that it could have been shorter. I'm a little split on the whole interpretation of the Red Hood Gang and the whole notion that
the Joker was already running this whole gang and being like himself before he even fell in that vat of acid. It's fitting in a sense that the first major criminal Bruce was trying to catch became his greatest enemy.
Liked the Riddler as a major villain since I've always been fond of him out of the rogue's gallery, though it felt a bit much that he could really pull off exactly what he did. Dr. Death was fine as well.

I think overall I just like early year Batman stories where he hasn't quite become the force he is later on. Not sure why. I'll definitely be picking up Endgame whenever it comes out though.

One thing that sort of bugged me is that I feel like Snyder sometimes goes a bit too long with the speeches and whatnot or has unnatural dialogue. This happened with the Owls storyline too at times I think.

Now to figure out where to go next. I think I'll definitely pick up Grayson, Gotham Academy, and Batgirl (even with the warning) per the recommendations. Go from there I guess. It's funny that I haven't read any DC stuff in so long, but it's fun doing so again. Though I also realize nearly all the stuff I'm focusing on is Batman related, which always seems to happen even when he's not my favorite DC hero.

Is any of Johns Justice League run worth picking up? Was kind of left cold with the first major arc. Or Batman Eternal? I've sort of been looking at Kevin Smith's Green Arrow run, but that Absolute is way too pricey for me unfortunately.

Top Bottom