• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

Messi

I'm flying to Florida in August and can't afford the amount for first class...I'm not excited for the flight at all.

Ah you will be fine. It's no fun but it's only a few hours and then you can enjoy American freedoms like cheetos and Slurpees.

God I am a hillbilly.

Owzers

I decided to start rereading Locke and Key volumes 1-3 in a push to start reading 4-6 sooner than later. This is mostly due to the humble bundle. If anyone hasn't read this series you should probably stop talking about how tall you are and get to it.

Cavs got this still!

Nudull

Banned
2750118212_SunChipsOriginal2_answer_1_xlarge.jpeg

Superiority.

Now to figure out where to go next. I think I'll definitely pick up Grayson, Gotham Academy, and Batgirl (even with the warning) per the recommendations. Go from there I guess. It's funny that I haven't read any DC stuff in so long, but it's fun doing so again. Though I also realize nearly all the stuff I'm focusing on is Batman related, which always seems to happen even when he's not my favorite DC hero.

Is any of Johns Justice League run worth picking up? Was kind of left cold with the first major arc. Or Batman Eternal? I've sort of been looking at Kevin Smith's Green Arrow run, but that Absolute is way too pricey for me unfortunately.

I've personally enjoyed Johns' run on Justice League but if you didn't like the first arc you may want to cherry pick it such as Throne of Atlantis and the Shazam Justice League backup (which is its own trade) as well as Forever Evil.

Batman Eternal was great. It's long, 52 issues and I think the first trade which collects the first 20 or so is the only one out, though the second is releasing early July I believe. It's an extended tour de force with alot of the extended Bat Family and rogues gallery, though some issues here and there were a bit weak, the general run was extremely solid and worth the time.

Grayson has been fantastic so I highly recommend that. Batgirl is fine, I have issues with the change, but its still a good book.

If you haven't read Lemire's run of Green Arrow give that a try. It's Volumes 4, 5 and 6 of the New 52 run.

Messi

I've personally enjoyed Johns' run on Justice League but if you didn't like the first arc you may want to cherry pick it such as Throne of Atlantis and the Shazam Justice League backup (which is its own trade) as well as Forever Evil.

Batman Eternal was great. It's long, 52 issues and I think the first trade which collects the first 20 or so is the only one out, though the second is releasing early July I believe. It's an extended tour de force with alot of the extended Bat Family and rogues gallery, though some issues here and there were a bit weak, the general run was extremely solid and worth the time.

Grayson has been fantastic so I highly recommend that. Batgirl is fine, I have issues with the change, but its still a good book.

If you haven't read Lemire's run of Green Arrow give that a try. It's Volumes 4, 5 and 6 of the New 52 run.

I agree with your thoughts especially Batgirl. The art is great in it. I have a feeling the second arc will be better.

He should check out Harley along with those other titles (Batgirl and Gotham Academy)

Zombine

Banned
I'm a big fan of Jalapeño and Flamin Hot Cheetos. I also enjoy Salt & Vinegar Lays Chips.

Yo. Are these legit cheetos brand or are they off brand

chesters-fries-flamin-hot.png

They're legit. I eat them all the time. I love them so much I even ate them when I had the stomach virus.

Long story short they made my ass bleed.

Messi

I'm a big fan of Jalapeño and Flamin Hot Cheetos. I also enjoy Salt & Vinegar Lays Chips.

They're legit. I eat them all the time. I love them so much I even ate them when I had the stomach virus.

Long story short they made my ass bleed.

I can't shake my head hard enough.

Did you try that LeBron sprite? I wanna know what it tastes like

Voror

My main problem with it is that it felt a bit shallow to me. I did hear that Throne of Atlantis was quite good and I planned to pick up the rest of Johns Aquaman run at some point too. Wait, Forever Evil actually was good? I've nearly pulled the trigger on Shazam so many times, but I just always remember hearing it didn't capture what made Captain Marvel fun as a character. Maybe it's time I finally just read it.

I'll keep that one in mind then.

Those two I'm definitely going to get.

I read the first arc and liked it. They're actually coming out with a Deluxe edition that collects his entire run, so I'll probably wait and get that.

I agree with your thoughts especially Batgirl. The art is great in it. I have a feeling the second arc will be better.

He should check out Harley along with those other titles (Batgirl and Gotham Academy)

The art is one of the things I rather liked about it even if it did feel off the first time I saw it.

The Harley book is by the same team who did that fun Power Girl run a few years back right? Would I enjoy it if I enjoyed that?

There any other really good DC books I might want to look at in catching up? Was that Injustice comic they made any good in the end?

Messi

Yep it's Jimmy Palmiotti and Amanda Conner writing Chad "my pateron failed" Hardin on art and lots of guest artists on the special issues.

Top Bottom