• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

tim1138

Coke Zero is good at the start but then it gets into this weird metaphysical drug shit that's also about the multiverse and masculinity in genre fiction and it kinda loses you.

Diet Coke FOR LIFE.

I originally read masculine as mescaline and wondered what in the world kind of coke you were drinking.

Bleeding Cool: October Could Determine The Fate Of Your Favourite Batbook

At the Batman panel at Special Edition: NYC on Saturday, Ray Fawkes stated that in October, DC Comics will be reevaluating the one year mark of the new look of Batbooks. And whether or not they will keep going.

Batman
Detective Comics
Batgirl
Gotham Academy
Gotham By Midnight
Black Canary
Robin: Son Of Batman
We Are Robin

Otherwise known as: Gotham Academy cancelled in October.

As if they would really consider to cancel Detective Comics or Batman. Even Batgirl should not be in danger.

You never know. They cancelled the Dark Knight and Justice League International despite both books having healthy sales so it's not always logical.

I see Gotham Academy and Gotham by Midnight on the chopping block, We Are Robin DOA, and Black Canary up in the air but probably safe. Everything else is safe.

Only like four of those books will survive IMO.

I think five.

Batman
Detective
Batgirl
Robin: Son of Batman
Black Canary

Zombine

Banned
Just a bit of news. I decided that I don't want to be fat (& depressed) forever so I quit soda for an indefinite amount of time.

When I quit my daily intake of soda when I was 16->18 I lost massive amounts of weight in a short period of time. The most extreme time being 17->18 where my metabolism changed and I think I lost something like 50 lbs in 3 months. You eventually even out and find a nice weight to be at if you maintain it.

Sandfox

You never know. They cancelled the Dark Knight and Justice League International despite both books having healthy sales so it's not always logical.

I see Gotham Academy and Gotham by Midnight on the chopping block, We Are Robin DOA, and Black Canary up in the air but probably safe. Everything else is safe.

I think five.

Batman
Detective
Batgirl
Robin: Son of Batman
Black Canary

Black Canary looks weird IMO.

MG310

Black Canary seemed to spin out of the idea that if they kept using Canary in Batgirl then they were just making a Birds of Prey book.

NEO0MJ

Does anyone have any idea on how long Fear Agent is expected to be? I don't want to start reading now only for there to be 8 more volumes later.

Messi

So I take it Harley Quinn has been successfully removed from the Bat universe? Not listed and she didn't show up in Eternal even though she was in a promo poster. Jimmy and Amanda have been trying to keep her away from gotham and all that bat nonsense. Then again, Catwoman is a Batbook and its not listed.

tim1138

Just so y'all know, that list is from Rich and before he edited it had Batwoman on it and I think that long cancelled Dark Knight book. So massive grain of salt and all that (or just continue freaking out as you normally do).

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Does anyone have any idea on how long Fear Agent is expected to be? I don't want to start reading now only for there to be 8 more volumes later.

6 volumes, 32 issues and some back-up stories

yeah, it's all wrapped up and really incredible.

i want to read Black Science and Deadly Class so badly, but i know the monthly wait will kill me... guess i'l just have to circle back in like 4 years :(

Messi

Just so y'all know, that list is from Rich and before he edited it had Batwoman on it and I think that long cancelled Dark Knight book. So massive grain of salt and all that (or just continue freaking out as you normally do).

I don't see any freaking out, just discussion of which books aren't on the list and which books will get cancelled.

jon bones

looks like Skullkickers wrapped up when i wasn't looking?

heard good things about it - how was it? i wouldn't mind reading some fantasy fluff

Whoops, I meant Black Science, sorry. Fear Agent was one of the things I was considering.

oh i'm actually super interested in this as well

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Glad to hear you're having fun. If you're seeking more than friendship, you'll have to be up front sooner rather than later. Unless you're OK with being just friends.

You've been in two different hours-long dates with a person and still haven't made a move...

Thats how people get friendzoned, mate. Given how hard she was pushing (considering what youve told us), it is quite possible that she might be wondering why the fuck you havent tried anything yet.

And for the love of fuck, do not start imagining a future with the person before youve become more intimate. Thats a recipe for Bad Times.

When in doubt, remember Descartes.

Thanks for the advice guys. I hadn't really thought about that. It's kind of been a really long time since I actually liked someone, so I pretty much forgot about how all this stuff goes.
I'll do some thinking and figure out how I'd like to move forward.

jon bones

Thanks for the advice guys. I hadn't really thought about that. It's kind of been a really long time since I actually liked someone, so I pretty much forgot about how all this stuff goes.
I'll do some thinking and figure out how I'd like to move forward.

stupid move

stop thinking and kiss her

Just a bit of news. I decided that I don't want to be fat (& depressed) forever so I quit soda for an indefinite amount of time.

Hopefully being a bit more physically healthy can do something for my mental health as well.

Good luck! Also, make sure to avoid juices as well if this is the direction you're taking, since they're often just as bad as soda.

Hopefully being a bit more physically healthy can do something for my mental health as well.

You should try flavored seltzer water or somethinf those seltzer things with real juice from Trader Joes. I quit soda a long time ago, but seltzer helped wane me off.

Best Batbook :(

I know :(

Looks good, will get for Pee Gee

Kipp what would Ally do? She would kiss that girl. Do it.

So you're saying Kipp should tie her up and drip hot wax on her and stuff? Think that's wise so soon into their blossoming relationship?

The team book that nobody deserved.

it's actually Batwoman

But you'll be getting her in Bombshells again at least?

Also her cousin Bette was way more interesting.

So you're saying Kipp should tie her up and drip hot wax on her and stuff? Think that's wise so soon into their blossoming relationship?

Woah, spoilers[?]

But you'll be getting her in Bombshells again at least?

Also her cousin Bette was way more interesting.

Notlikethis.gif

I would argue she's equally as interesting. Honestly, that was the first bit of exposure to Bette I've had; she was awesome as a side character though.

New releases for me this week:
Ghost Fleet vol 1
Nightwing vol 2
Ms. Marvel vol 3
Batgirl: Batgirl of Burnside vol 1 (contemplating thus one)

Top Bottom