• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

besada

Banned
Just got around to Old Man Logan. Yes, this is the stuff. Inuhmans was pretty good, too. M.O.D.O.K. was okay. Infinity Gauntlet and Master of Kung Fu both seem like they'll be good as we see more.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
does Old Man Logan follow up from the previous version, with Logan off being wasteland sheriff, or is it a retelling?

How is this not the best:

4dc453f2245b2.jpg

I'm itching to re-read this series on my omnibus. I want to relive the hype moments.

Still on the fence about Batgirl. I've managed to pack up an IST order worth $80... Anyway, I gotta wait for some travel reimbursement to come in before placing the order. I'll think about it a few days.

Still on the fence about Batgirl. I've managed to pack up an IST order worth $80... Anyway, I gotta wait for some travel reimbursement to come in before placing the order. I'll think about it a few days.

I honestly feel its something you need to read and make a judgement call on. But I feel its worth a look at the very least. It's not that it's a bad change its just such a bizarre, seemingly out of character shift, that you have to learn to let it go to enjoy it. My only other complaint is that they build up on her "perfect memory" for like the first two issues having scenes and splash pages where she is deconstructing what she remembers, then they barely even touch on it again since, like they forgot it was a thing they were doing with her; Similar to the Flash TV series where they did something like that for the pilot and then just dropped it.

The art and panel flow is extremely good though. It's dense with action most of the time.

I honestly feel its something you need to read and make a judgement call on. But I feel its worth a look at the very least. It's not that it's a bad change its just such a bizarre, seemingly out of character shift, that you have to learn to let it go to enjoy it. My only other complaint is that they build up on her "perfect memory" for like the first two issues having scenes and splash pages where she is deconstructing what she remembers, then they barely even touch on it again since, like they forgot it was a thing they were doing with her; Similar to the Flash TV series where they did something like that for the pilot and then just dropped it.

The art and panel flow is extremely good though. It's dense with action most of the time.

Hmm you're painting a good picture for me. I might just do the TPB. I should add, though, I don't have much in the way of a baseline for Babs as Batgirl. I've got more experience with the other Batgirls and her as Oracle. Only read two issues of Nu52 Batgirl when Simone was on it.

Tarr/Stewart/Fletcher Batgirl is the kind of thing you gotta give a shot because it's pretty divisive here. i think it's pretty fine

Hmm you're painting a good picture for me. I might just do the TPB. I should add, though, I don't have much in the way of a baseline for Babs as Batgirl. I've got more experience with the other Batgirls and her as Oracle. Only read two issues of Nu52 Batgirl when Simone was on it.

Then honestly I think you'll like it. It's one of those "its for them, not me" situations, in my opinion, and I've just sort of learned to let go and enjoy it for what it is. I've come to view it as a slightly better version of the Stephanie Brown Batgirl run in that regards. This is just Barbara as Stephanie (and if that doesn't mean anything to you, just read it as a less experienced Batgirl, who makes more rookie mistakes, and is more in touch with college culture).

That wouldn't work either in that using Sue in such a cover makes even less sense considering Inhumans and F4 are basically tied to the hip more pronouncedly than anyone else.

It'd be like having a cover with johnny throwing shade at Spiderman. It'd be really dumb considering they're best friends.

GUYS! The image is a commentary on Disney blocking x-Men and Fantastic Four merchandise and removing them from company images and old issue covers. These are FACTS not conspiracy.

Also despite what they say they are also downplaying them in the comics. There will be no fantastic four series and they have the Inhumans heavily infringing on their niche of "hated and feared"/"strange and different"

Squire

Banned
Uncanny X-Force might very well be one of the best things I've ever read. Can't wait for volume two. Captain Britain is not particularly happy with his sister...

Pin your hopes on a volume three. Humphries dropped the ball and let it roll off the court when he got the book.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Uncanny x-force with spiral and puck was shit but the latest x-force is awesome imo

Rhaknar

I hear the writer tries too hard with Fantomex and Betsy.

which one? the puck / spiral one? theres a love triangle between betsy, phantomex and...phantomex which I thought was the best part of volume 2 lol

they arent a thing in volume 3, mainly because
phantomex is a homocidal maniac in volume 3, he went completely of the deep end

tim1138

Thanks to Korupt for making me aware of thsee figures. I so need that Animal Man! Poor Buddy typically gets no love from the licensing gods (hell aside from his DC Nation shorts he's never even made a background appearance in Justice League Unlimited or anything).

STK676231.jpg

Rhaknar

6a00d8341c630a53ef0162fbfbb99c970d-pi

someone shop a skull on that chest, I have zero skill

Thanks to Korupt for making me aware of thsee figures. I so need that Animal Man! Poor Buddy typically gets no love from the licensing gods (hell aside from his DC Nation shorts he's never even made a background appearance in Justice League Unlimited or anything).

STK676231.jpg

What are these? And is that Swamp Thing?

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member

STK676231.jpg

Well those are absurdly cute. I'd like more stuff like this and less like Funko. I'm not a bobblehead fan.

Yo what the hell. Bunch of people talking on twitter about Batman #41. Did it leak or something?

Either Capullo or Snyder tweeted earlier that people were getting review copies today.

Top Bottom