• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Re: pronouns; I always thought that the rule (insomuch as there is a rule, maybe tendency is a better word) is that men default to "him" when the gender is unknown, women default to "her." Nothing wrong with that, IMO.

That could play into it a bit, but generally in our culture both men and women been conditioned to assume that people in a lot of positions of authority or prestige (AKA managers, doctors, etc) are males. You'll rarely catch anyone assuming a doctor is a "she" for example.

What do you guys do with the pages you bought? Do you hang them? Put them in a case? Admire them for 30 seconds and then toss it in the closet to be forgotten?

That could play into it a bit, but generally in our culture both men and women been conditioned to assume that people in a lot of positions of authority or prestige (AKA managers, doctors, etc) are males. You'll rarely catch anyone assuming a doctor is a "she" for example.

Hmm. I guess that's true, now that I stop and think about it, though considering the percentages on doctors, that's not really a faulty assumption.

Squire

Banned
Damn. I started on the wrong one.

You're very late in the DCAU/Timmverse canon, but JLU is honestly all that stuff at its full potential.

The original JL series is pretty bad, in my opinion. Hour long stories that are all pretty dull. Most of the other stuff is great though. Batman (and the films in the same style), Superman, and JLU are all super great. They've aged wonderfully. Would still be top tier TV airing brand new in 2015.

Messi

What do you guys do with the pages you bought? Do you hang them? Put them in a case? Admire them for 30 seconds and then toss it in the closet to be forgotten?

Sticky tape and up on the wall

They are framed and in my comic room

JLU has been fantastic from what I have seen.

tim1138

Record myself burning them and dancing around the flames, then tag the artist on Twitter when I share the video

I just watched that episode

tumblr_inline_mmsq1ynnps1qz4rgp.gif

Cheska

I've hung some of them up, but have recently gone back to putting them in an Itoya art portfolio.

Cheska

Why is that?

Why did I put them back? I just decided to stay with character portraits, etc to go behind my statues.

I can see having a personal binder full of your favorite pages. It'll be like having a binder full of pokemon trading cards.
I have a couple of them. Some with original art, some with art prints, and I have one for large, 18 x 24 stuff, mainly lithographs and fancy poster gaf prints.

Messi

Why did I put them back? I just decided to stay with character portraits, etc to go behind my statues.

I have a couple of them. Some with original art, some with art prints, and I have one for large, 18 x 24 stuff, mainly lithographs and fancy poster gaf prints.

That's a pretty cool idea actually.

I have some KS art prints that I can start a personal binder for them. Now I have a place to properly store them instead of leaving them in the closet.

Seriously, WHAT THE HELL.

Looking back on this run, it started out so strong, and then... Edmondson is a dude with great concepts, and a really not great follow-through.

Owzers

The NBA finals is a bad product of basketball

I like hustleball and don't mind the Warriors struggling. If i'm going to spend 2 hours watching a game i want to see Mike Miller dive on the floor to save a ball. Lebron offense is ugly at times though, if Tristan hadn't knocked his layup out Lebron would have hit two in a row, that's something.

Zombine

Banned
YAY! Still have some time before it starts here so I can't wait :)

I always forget that the west coast is 3 hours behind. Do you guys ever eventually get over that you see things like TV last, or does it not phase you because it's what you know? It's gotta be weird seeing live sporting events during the late afternoon/early evening.

My mind is so blown right now. I think I should go to bed.

Cheska

I always forget that the west coast is 3 hours behind. Do you guys ever eventually get over that you see things like TV last, or does it not phase you because it's what you know? It's gotta be weird seeing live sporting events during the late afternoon/early evening.

My mind is so blown right now. I think I should go to bed.

Honestly, it's just second nature now, but I think the fact that I'm not nearly as fazed by spoilers helps. We do watch premium shows during the eastern time slots though.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly, it's just second nature now, but I think the fact that I'm not nearly as fazed by spoilers helps. We do watch premium shows during the eastern time slots though.

You get used to it, but I remember when I found out that I had never actually seen Saturday Night Live live. It was a bummer.

The Cadmus arc of JLU is the peak of DCAU JL, but pre-Unlimited stuff is good, too, moreso the second season.

I think I'm in the minority, but I thought the first two seasons were better than Unlimited. I think it got a little bloated, and the 2-3 episode arcs worked a lot better on the whole.

On the topic of late timezones, I'm watching the iZombie finale right now.

You get used to it, but I remember when I found out that I had never actually seen Saturday Night Live live. It was a bummer.

Y'know what was really cool? They did this one episode of the West Wing live, twice; once for the East coast, once for the West. Thought that was awesome, though of course I get why it wouldn't work on a regular basis :p

Owzers

I missed half the third quarter because time went fast in Witcher 3, all i did was die to some lobster warrior thing guarding a chest, then come back and beat it. I am relying on Quen too much...i get hit all the time without it up, too mobby and no mob control moves.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh this game. I wanna be a cav.

West coasters get to wake up on Sunday and watch the NFL at 10 AM. That sounds amazing to me, wake up, get a bowl of cereal, watch some games.

Holy shit Cavs!

Top Bottom