• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

I did not expect Constantine to be this much of a hoot, but gosh darn, it's a fun book about a sexy bisexual bastard who does weird magic shit and does bad things to people. IT'S GREAT.

I'm thinking of pulling the first issue cause the art intrigues me.

Really? For some reason I don't believe you but then again I only looked preview pages. That art style just screams "I LOVE SAILOR MOON!"

It really isn't. It's actually way more mature than I expected in some areas.

I did not expect Constantine to be this much of a hoot, but gosh darn, it's a fun book about a sexy bisexual bastard who does weird magic shit and does bad things to people. IT'S GREAT.

Yeah I am actually pulling the first couple issues to see how it is. It looks very interesting, I've never read much Constantine.
And Vanesa Del Ray is on art soon too (#3) :)

The artwork is beautiful in it, but the writing is awful. I don't think its worth reading. I'm a HUGE Babs as Batgirl fan and I've dropped the book. I read almost the entire DC line, and I've dropped the book.

I think I'd enjoy it. I'm hoping it's more like Steph Batgirl. I ended up passing on it in this order, though; not what I'm looking for right now, but I'll get it down the line.

I think I'd enjoy it. I'm hoping it's more like Steph Batgirl. I ended up passing on it in this order, though; not what I'm looking for right now, but I'll get it down the line.
I only lasted 2 issues. I wanted to like it but I think the only way is if you forget everything you know about babs. She regressed in maturity and is written more like Steph than babs and it bugged the hell out of me. And I love Steph batgirl.

It really isn't. It's actually way more mature than I expected in some areas.
I guess I'll blindly get it out of curiosity.
Yeah I am actually pulling the first couple issues to see how it is. It looks very interesting, I've never read much Constantine.
And Vanesa Del Ray is on art soon too (#3) :)

THE Vanesa Del Ray of the Hit?!

Constantine about to have some sexy noir inspired art. I'ma check this series out. Will she be the main artist or is it for just one issue?

Zombine

Banned
Spoilers.

spoiler.gif

spoiler.gif

I guess I'll blindly get it out of curiosity.

THE Vanesa Del Ray of the Hit?!

Constantine about to have some sexy noir inspired art. I'ma check this series out. Will she be the main artist or is it for just one issue?

Yes from HIT , glad someone else has checked out that book.
And I'm not sure if she's filling in or what, I just see she doing art for #3 as of now.

Anyone got any opinions on the Starfire book? I read the preview and thought it was ok but I'm not totally sold on it yet. Wanted to get some impressions.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Yo what's the future like?

it's not out til the end of the montb

Brb while I go back in time and become Reverse Slug.

Really? My comixology email-list-thing said it came out last week?

Green Lantern #7-#10: I thought things were improving after rebirth but, to be honest, I am losing interest. The issues seem to have recaps and references to other books. The villains seem rather one-dimensional and the issue look to be structured around action scenes and dramatic moments. There is none of the build up that I think needs to be present to make a "dramatic moment" effective. The writing is also starting to feel a bit tiring. There is no subtlety to it. The Batman/Jordan issue was quite bad.

I also realise I do not like Hal Jordan. (Though I can't really compare him to Hal Jordan written by any other writer.)

Maybe I should have listened to JC and just continued to read Martha Washington instead.

Well I'm just curious. I've only watched the show and read New 52 Constantine (and JLDark) so I can't say I'm super familiar with the character. I have volume 1 of Hellblazer but I haven't gotten to it yet. I always thought he was straight, since he's portrayed as a womanizer.

Cade

OK I've been gone for days. Quick catch me up: who's dead, who's been fired, who's getting married, who's an Inhuman.

And you can catch me up on comics too

Owzers

I've been quietly reading a ton of Locke and Key outside of complaining about Cavs games and Witcher 3 fetch quests. I finished up volume 5 last night, i liked the reveal of what happened earlier to Dodge and his friends. I'm going to make a DC Key that let's me decide what books they publish, you'll get a Shazam ongoing soon but it will be by Nocenti :/ Should have made a better key...

I've been quietly reading a ton of Locke and Key outside of complaining about Cavs games and Witcher 3 fetch quests. I finished up volume 5 last night, i liked the reveal of what happened earlier to Dodge and his friends. I'm going to make a DC Key that let's me decide what books they publish, you'll get a Shazam ongoing soon but it will be by Nocenti :/ Should have made a better key...

Volume 5 is time travel, right? Probably my favorite volume.

There's hardly any though! Compare the Witcher to Dragon Age Inquisition. You have to expect a few. The majority of quests I've completed have been really varied.

Top Bottom