• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

Yeah, more like a history lesson though.

True. Still really good. Goddamn Locke and Key has such good cover art.

13490570.jpg

Owzers

There's hardly any though! Compare the Witcher to Dragon Age Inquisition. You have to expect a few. The majority of quests I've completed have been really varied.

I complained earlier in detail about it, but the entire game so far feels to be based on a fetch quest structure. This "info for favors or fetching" thing has worn on me. All the back and forth with the Baron, go here then report back, go back there and report back, and every earlier thing i've done has revolved wanting info and having to do something for someone. I even brought a goat back to someone so he would talk to me. There's supposed to be a war going on and it feels like an empty open world game.

I complained earlier in detail about it, but the entire game so far feels to be based on a fetch quest structure. This "info for favors or fetching" thing has worn on me. All the back and forth with the Baron, go here then report back, go back there and report back, and every earlier thing i've done has revolved wanting info and having to do something for someone. I even brought a goat back to someone so he would talk to me. There's supposed to be a war going on and it feels like an empty open world game.

Geralt should just whip his mobile phone out and give the Baron a call instead.

Earth 2: Society was as awesome as I hoped it would be. A great first issue for both new readers (I think) and old ones alike. We learn a little bit about this new world (
there are twelve cities, from the twelve ships, cute Galactica analogue
), through the eyes of Dickbats. We get current action and some backstory a year earlier when the ships first make planetfall. I highly recommend people it out. It's fun.

Owzers

Earth 2: Society was as awesome as I hoped it would be. A great first issue for both new readers (I think) and old ones alike. We learn a little bit about this new world (
there are twelve cities, from the twelve ships, cute Galactica analogue
), through the eyes of Dickbats. We get current action and some backstory a year earlier when the ships first make planetfall. I highly recommend people it out. It's fun.

what is the preferred beverage on Earth 2?

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Only real top-tier beverages are water, black coffee, and yerba mate.
The rest of your sugar waters can get out of here.

Also, remember how the main reason I was sure I was gonna get fired yesterday was because my boss told me to get the posts for the rest of the week for this one thing all done yesterday? Weeeell she just casually mentioned (I didn't ask, she just threw it out there) why she asked me to do that and it was an incredibly reasonable explanation. So yeah, I guess I'm just a paranoid freak.

Also, remember how the main reason I was sure I was gonna get fired yesterday was because my boss told me to get the posts for the rest of the week for this one thing all done yesterday? Weeeell she just casually mentioned (I didn't ask, she just threw it out there) why she asked me to do that and it was an incredibly reasonable explanation. So yeah, I guess I'm just a paranoid freak.

Or she's playing a game with you before she brings the hammer down. Get you all nice and settled, make you think everything is cool, THEN BAM! She'll throw several pages of Skype chat logs in front of you. "Haha, Just kidding. You can pick up your check tomorrow."

G-Fex

One day they'll make a good ongoing Robocop comic series.

That ending was...whatever. Least it's over. Pretty disappointed in the entire storyline leading to it.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Or she's playing a game with you before she brings the hammer down. Get you all nice and settled, make you think everything is cool, THEN BAM! She'll throw several pages of Skype chat logs in front of you. "Haha, Just kidding. You can pick up your check tomorrow."

I wouldn't be shocked if this happened. Haha
But I at least feel 95% safe now. Friday will still be the final day of reckoning. I'll see my boss face to face and then I'll know for sure whether or not she hates me. Plus it's the end of the week, so that'd be the time to fire me.

One day they'll make a good ongoing Robocop comic series.

That ending was...whatever. Least it's over. Pretty disappointed in the entire storyline leading to it.

Bummer to hear that. I was sort of excited about that one.

I still reeeally need to pick up that re-released Miller/Simonson Robocop vs Terminator hardcover.

If Omega Men were an Image book you'd all be saying it was the next Black Science. But ya'll gonna sleep on it because it ain't indie enough for you.

CBR: X-POSITION: X-Editors Guide The X-Men Through "Secret Wars" & Beyond Otherwise known as, it's fucking nothing, we can't tell you shit, so lets have cute pointless banter.

Also, choice comment from the comment section, lol:

It must be rough being an X-Men editor. It's like Marvel is telling you, you don't matter enough to do anything they're really focusing on, but they don't dislike you enough to can you.

Messi

If Omega Men were an Image book you'd all be saying it was the next Black Science. But ya'll gonna sleep on it because it ain't indie enough for you.

We would care for the first issue, eventually all falling off by the start of the second volume. Dat image cycle.

*Looks at the back of the Batgirl HC*

"Not your daddy's Batgirl" - IGN

That's uhhhhhh quite a praise quote to pick. I also read it in a creepy old perv voice.

Nameless #4 - thats that 👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good shit go౦ԁ sHit👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌shit right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there (chorus: right there) ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯 i say so 💯💯

Mudcrab

CBR: X-POSITION: X-Editors Guide The X-Men Through "Secret Wars" & Beyond Otherwise known as, it's fucking nothing, we can't tell you shit, so lets have cute pointless banter.

Xander Jarowey: For me, X-Men has always been about representing the outsiders, the outcasts, the disenfranchised. Giving them a place where they feel like they belong. I'm very projectionist in my reading, so growing up, the X-Men really gave me a safe haven at times.

Paniccia: Excellent hint, Xander.

So either the X-men are going to be in another universe or Nation X is here to stay.

i've seen some praise for the Omega Men here but none of it has actually told me anything about why it's good. not that it's anyone's job to (except Tom King i guess) but on its own it doesn't appeal to me

I guess Black Science doesn't either though, so

Top Bottom