• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Oh good. I had been worried this was just my copy due to some printing thing.

Yours is like this too!? I was just joking around, because I figured it was just a fluke that mine was misaligned since that can happen every once in a while.

All us Alias omnibus owners should get up in arms about this. Truly an outrage.

Close enough.

Also, every book where the spine art is misaligned gets an automatic 0/10, right?
Looking at you, Alias omnibus....
Also looking at you, Fear Agent omnibuses for being about a centimeter misaligned from each other.

My 3rd Waid Daredevil OHC is like that as well. -_-

tim1138

The new Constantine book was pretty good, it felt more like old school Hellblazer than N52 Constantine. Rossmo's art is fantastic and I think Tynion and Doyle have a good voice for John.

Wait,
do they bring up her drug addiction?, her sister being good now?, leaving RHATO?
They went over her origin story and that was it. No mention of RHATO at all. She just said "there's much more" and left it at that.

They didn't paint Kom as being evil though. Just kind of caught up in a poor situation.

iyJI7XA.jpg

Jokes on you Batman!

The new Constantine book was pretty good, it felt more like old school Hellblazer than N52 Constantine. Rossmo's art is fantastic and I think Tynion and Doyle have a good voice for John.

What did you think of the layouts where
John and Blythe "descended" into Inferno
? That was my favorite part of that (very good) issue.

They went over her origin story and that was it. No mention of RHATO at all. She just said "there's much more" and left it at that.

They didn't paint Kom as being evil though. Just kind of caught up in a poor situation.
She was devastated when she had to sell off Kory. In RHATO she confessed her guilt to Kory and Kory forgave her and since then they are loving sisters.

If they actually knew Birdie, they'd know that praise quote was more of a criticism, relatively speaking.

Nah I know the review they grabbed it from. That Frankencastle issue is one of my top five single issues ever. I couldn't possibly praise it enough.

Anyone read suicide squad? Looks awful pretty but who knows.

Kipp

I've heard rumors I've got one in Absolute Final Crisis too.

Uncredited directly, but I'm the "CBR" on Criminal vol 1 and I think like all their ads.

Good. You deserve a quote on Absolute Final Crisis. Those reviews are birdie-tier.

Nah I know the review they grabbed it from. That Frankencastle issue is one of my top five single issues ever. I couldn't possibly praise it enough.

I still need to read that. I wish I would've picked up the omnibus when it was selling for $30 on Ebay.

She was devastated when she had to sell off Kory. In RHATO she confessed her guilt to Kory and Kory forgave her and since then they are loving sisters.

It was handled well here. Kori doesn't mention any negative feelings towards her or anything. Just a case of Kom being in a bad situation.

styl3s

Did anyone read Groot #1 last week? I finally got around to reading it last night and thought it was great. The running gag and Kor/Al bit put a kool-aid smile on me.

Also, any DC books out within the last 2 weeks worth picking up? Still trying to diversify my reading since my pickups still consist of about 80% Marvel, 15% Image and 5% non Marvel/Image. I tried some stuff from Divergence but nothing really caught my eye but this week is super light and the only DC books i have right now on this list is Batman #41 Joker variant and Bizarro #1. Character doesn't matter just looking for something interesting to read.

Kipp

Kipp, what happened to boulder girl brah?

Things are still goin' good. Thanks for asking!
We hung out on both Saturday and Sunday. I saw her at the bouldering gym on Monday but she came down with a cold (hopefully didn't get it from me, since I've been feeling a little sick...) so she didn't stick around too long. I'll see her tonight at the bouldering gym. Gonna ask her if she wants to go for a hike or go to coffee again or both this weekend. I also really need to tell her I like her soon... Hopefully sometime this weekend when we're hanging out.

I do it all for you, Rafa.

Little bit late on this, but "slow burn" seems like an excellent way to describe Omega Men. It's clear that there's soooooo much setup and hidden backstory here, watching it unfold is gonna be something else.

tim1138

Did anyone read Groot #1 last week? I finally got around to reading it last night and thought it was great. The running gag and Kor/Al bit put a kool-aid smile on me.

Also, any DC books out within the last 2 weeks worth picking up? Still trying to diversify my reading since my pickups still consist of about 80% Marvel, 15% Image and 5% non Marvel/Image. I tried some stuff from Divergence but nothing really caught my eye but this week is super light and the only DC books i have right now on this list is Batman #41 Joker variant and Bizarro #1. Character doesn't matter just looking for something interesting to read.

Midnighter
Omega Men
Constantine
Action Comics

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Shit I forgot to pull Midnighter. I'm hoping there are some leftover copies.

Things are still goin' good. Thanks for asking!
We hung out on both Saturday and Sunday. I saw her at the bouldering gym on Monday but she came down with a cold (hopefully didn't get it from me, since I've been feeling a little sick...) so she didn't stick around too long. I'll see her tonight at the bouldering gym. Gonna ask her if she wants to go for a hike or go to coffee again or both this weekend. I also really need to tell her I like her soon... Hopefully sometime this weekend when we're hanging out.

I do it all for you, Rafa.
Thanks brah. I'm hanging on by a thread, if I didn't have the Spirit of Sam Walton inside of me, I'd be.... constantly contemplating having never felt a woman's touch. As I gently caress my self with high quality IDW paper.

Midnighter
Omega Men
Constantine
Action Comics

Earth 2 Society
Starfire
If you dig Action Comics and Batman then I think I'd also add
Batman/Superman

ok

preeeeeeeeeeetty sure Batman just dropped the N-Bomb in Section Eight today

incredible

If its All-Star Batman then yeah probably.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Batman 41 was great. Loved all the stuff about the new suit, and buff as hell Gordon.

Ultimate End 2 still doesn't really seem to jive with the rest of Secret Wars, and suffers from the worst of Bendis' tendencies (lots of two page splashes without purpose, no real forward motion on the overall story) but knowing that he's going to be writing Iron Man afterwards, it's interesting to see how he handles the character(s) now.

Weirdworld was probably my favorite of the week. So out there, and the art was gorgeous. I love books where I literally have no idea what's going to show up next.

I almost passed on Secret Wars Journal 2 after the first one, but it has a pretty great story about the Daredevil and Elektra of Bar Sinister.

Top Bottom