• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2013. Pinching Dr. Banner? Bad idea; Hulk pinches you back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I get some opinions on the Dark Horse Alien/Predator comics?

I was watching a video earlier today about the Predator, and after some digging found that Dark Horse has released several omnibi edition of their comics. I remember really liking the Aliens comics I read when I was younger, and this has sort of sparked an interested today in me revisiting some comics. I haven't read any comics seriously in a period of 4-5 years, but I'll be going to the book store later today to see if they have anything in stock.

Shit I haven't thought about those in years but yeah. I remember that first Aliens mini, fully painted, blew my high school mind.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
hummmm

We got
Uncanny X-Force
Daredevil
Wolverine and the X-Men
Hickman's Fantastic Four/FF
Hickman's Avengers/New Avengers
Hawkguy

One of these does not belong.

I get that some of you enjoy WATXM but there is no way it's up there with The Greatest Comic Ever Written (Hickman's FF) & Hawkguy: Blessed Comic Brilliance.

I also don't get the Daredevil love, but I think that's just because I'm forever burnt out by the Bendis/Brubaker depressing years.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Hickman FF is boring

There, I said what we were all thinking

Hickman FF is the most sublime piece of the comic book medium ever written.

9vXU26E.gif

Can I get some opinions on the Dark Horse Alien/Predator comics?

I was watching a video earlier today about the Predator, and after some digging found that Dark Horse has released several omnibi edition of their comics. I remember really liking the Aliens comics I read when I was younger, and this has sort of sparked an interested today in me revisiting some comics. I haven't read any comics seriously in a period of 4-5 years, but I'll be going to the book store later today to see if they have anything in stock.

they haven't aged too well but if your a huge fan of the license you'll enjoy them, I know i do. They are a bit cheesey though

One of these does not belong.

I get that some of you enjoy WATXM but there is no way it's up there with The Greatest Comic Ever Written (Hickman's FF) & Hawkguy: Blessed Comic Brilliance.

I also don't get the Daredevil love, but I think that's just because I'm forever burnt out by the Bendis/Brubaker depressing years.

I wouldn't link Bendis and Brubaker. Bendis created and nourished Milla, the best character ever created in the Marvel Universe. Brubaker demolished her.

hummmm

We got
Uncanny X-Force
Daredevil
Wolverine and the X-Men
Hawkguy

And I'm just going to go ahead and put Latour/Klein's Winter Soldier on there, even though there's only two issues so far. It's that phenomenal.

Also, Journey Into Mystery

hummmm

We got
Uncanny X-Force
Daredevil
Wolverine and the X-Men
Hawkguy

And I'm just going to go ahead and put Latour/Klein's Winter Soldier on there, even though there's only two issues so far. It's that phenomenal.

I would replace WATXM with Thor: God of Thunder.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Wow, that's pretty cool of Marvel. I grabbed some stuff I had my eye on before it crashed. The free stuff includes every single MarvelNOW issue 1.

Kind of cool

Project Gamma is a new audio adaptive project for Marvel’s comic books, including musical scores for different scenes, and will change as you move from panel to panel. “Adaptive, non-repetitive scores…”

ElNarez

Banned
Kind of cool

Project Gamma is a new audio adaptive project for Marvel’s comic books, including musical scores for different scenes, and will change as you move from panel to panel. “Adaptive, non-repetitive scores…”

Unless they can license Black Sabbath tunes to play along with issues of Thor: God of Thunder, this is super pointless.

Owzers

Issues are only available to get free until Tuesday.....odd that its such a short promotion, seems like it will fail to do anything but get forum posters to download free books since there is no time for outreach.

EEEE ALL THE 2.99 #1 MARVEL NOW ISSUES FREE DIGITAL!!!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

(Nevermind, download errors all over the place, but at least we can see what's available)

Gartooth

Holy shit! Guess it's time to go to town and break out the wish list of comic series I've always wanted to read. Can't get on Comixology though, Marvel must have killed it with this announcement. Anyone know how long the promotion lasts?

Edit: Crap only until Tuesday? Does that include Tuesday or is it before it? Hopefully I can download everything before then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom