• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2013. Pinching Dr. Banner? Bad idea; Hulk pinches you back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaiwing

Apparently over 200 issues of it are on sale right now, is it worth it to just get them all or just a few? The only Constantine experience I have is the movie.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Is Batman Beyond good to follow?

If you enjoyed the cartoon: Fuck yes!
If you didn't because you have no soul and refuse to accept Erik Matthews as Batman: Still, fuck yes!

It's being released in chapters currently, which I don't prefer, but it's still a dope comic.

I thought his colors and inkers were pretty decent in the .1 issue, but the color pallet in the first issue preview is too simple and bright.

Jeff Parker should write GLC now, once his books are cancelled at Marvel.

Thai

Bane was better.
I thought his colors and inkers were pretty decent in the .1 issue, but the color pallet in the first issue preview is too simple and bright.

He needs a inker + colourist to give his art more 'structure'. It's been so flat. Especialy Nemesis, I could have sworn that was a different artist than mcniven.

sca2511

If you enjoyed the cartoon: Fuck yes!
If you didn't because you have no soul and refuse to accept Erik Matthews as Batman: Still, fuck yes!

It's being released in chapters currently, which I don't prefer, but it's still a dope comic.

I don't have to read the comics that came before the current one?

Right?? I was looking at Captain America #1 even....

If I narrate something quite ordinary/but spread it out/over enough panels/by Sterile Steve McNiven/ or maybe Banal Bryan Hitch/by the time/I have finished/saying it/you will assume/you have read/something of substance.”

Repeat.

For ten years.

/brubakercap

sca2511

Great, will be purchasing. Thanks for the feedback.

So this Batman Beyond comic began with full-length issues, and that's collected in TPBs as Hush Beyond and Industrial Revolution. After that, the series became chapter-ized online, and combined with other Beyondverse stories in print.

You could very safely start with this trade, collecting all the chapters that make up the 10,000 clowns storyline:10,000 Clowns and then continue with the current chapters.

The two major storylines prior to 10,000 clowns are not necessary to understand and enjoy the current story, but they are great in their own right, and offer more of the Batman Beyond world from the same writer.

Didn't know they made a trade from their digital releases, thanks. I thought it'd be digital exclusive, I guess I can wait for the rest to come to trade as well.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I don't have to read the comics that came before the current one?

So this Batman Beyond comic began with full-length issues, and that's collected in TPBs as Hush Beyond and Industrial Revolution. After that, the series became chapter-ized online, and combined with other Beyondverse stories in print.

You could very safely start with this trade, collecting all the chapters that make up the 10,000 clowns storyline:10,000 Clowns and then continue with the current chapters.

The two major storylines prior to 10,000 clowns are not necessary to understand and enjoy the current story, but they are great in their own right, and offer more of the Batman Beyond world from the same writer.

He needs a inker + colourist to give his art more 'structure'. It's been so flat. Especialy Nemesis, I could have sworn that was a different artist than mcniven.
Yeah I'm not a fan of Ponsor. I had a hard time getting into Black Spider-Man because of him. I think he might be the Land of coloring.

who the hell decides to put phil noto on thunderbolts when gambit is struggling with only 1 good artist?

edit: also why isnt he on fearless defenders??

akira28

Hellblazer comics are good, though I haven't kept up with them in years. But there's a reason he was a good enough character to rate having his own movie.

Unfortunately, none of that made it into the actual film. So prepare for a treat with the comic book John Constantine. I'd go online and look for the best appreciated arcs and try to get those issues.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
CAP IS IN MOTION IN AOU 6!!! Won't post link because of MAJOR spoilers.

He's
falling
now. It's not much of an upgrade. And to think it only took until issue 6!

Honestly the trades for the previous two arcs are about $10 each, so he should really pick them up if he can afford it. I'm just glad that this book is getting more love. It really deserves it.

Immonen goodness

1363983283.jpg

JRJR cap goodness

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=44440

Cyclops X head costume looks sooo bad. They should have put 2 X's on each of his eyes.

EDIT: Also, it looks like the same scene is going to happen in UXM and ANXM but from 2 different points of views.

Hey Comic-GAF! I'm looking for some recommendations in regards to DC stuff.

I grew up mostly on Marvel, so I've managed to miss out on a bunch of classic DC characters. Though I have read and loved a bunch of Batman (really love the Sale/Loeb Batman) and some Superman stuff. I'm just not familiar with many other characters like Green Lantern, Flash, Green Arrow, and whoever else is a big name on the DC side of things (you can tell how out of it I am that I can't really even name who else is more popular).

I would love recommendations of some of the best characters/stories to check out and great jumping in points for somebody like myself who would be new to the recommendations (preferably any series that is easily available for purchase).

I'm more interested in comics along the lines of super hero/villain stuff. I'm not looking for recommendations for Vertigo series since already read a bunch of the best from there.

Cyclops X head costume looks sooo bad. They should have put 2 X's on each of his eyes.

EDIT: Also, it looks like the same scene is going to happen in UXM and ANXM but from 2 different points of views.

The funny thing is is that the costume looks pretty cool in UXM but man does it look off in ANXM. And yep, probably why I adore reading ANXM and UXM together, since you get the 'completed' scene.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member

I grew up mostly on Marvel, so I've managed to miss out on a bunch of classic DC characters. Though I have read and loved a bunch of Batman (really love the Sale/Loeb Batman) and some Superman stuff. I'm just not familiar with many other characters like Green Lantern, Flash, Green Arrow, and whoever else is a big name on the DC side of things (you can tell how out of it I am that I can't really even name who else is more popular).

I would love recommendations of some of the best characters/stories to check out and great jumping in points for somebody like myself who would be new to the recommendations (preferably any series that is easily available for purchase).

I'm more interested in comics along the lines of super hero/villain stuff. I'm not looking for recommendations for Vertigo series since already read a bunch of the best from there.

Read The Longbow Hunters and Green Arrow: Year One. I enjoyed both of those. I was also told Kevin Smith's GA was good. I think it is called Quiver.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

That's sort of the point of the books. Bendis can do a lot of great story telling and whatnot using these books like this, I really want to see if he's willing to take the risk and can keep up the quality.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
The MDCU app has a ton of free all-ages stuff for anyone that has kids. We've been reading Power Pack. In one issue, the Venom symbiote possesses the youngest member of Power Pack and coats her pigtails.

JEKKI

Apparently over 200 issues of it are on sale right now, is it worth it to just get them all or just a few? The only Constantine experience I have is the movie.
whooo~!!! thank u based hellblazer!!

a simple google search recommends all the best stories which is how I'm choosing my purchases!

and every list I've read is unanimous in their #1 pick.

I also picked up Constanting #1 on weds... havent read it yet.

arkon

Love the sketches on display for that Parker written Batman series. I'm going to have to check out other comics drawn by Jonathan Case.

ghostmind

Marvel NOW Wave 2 starting in July?

Wave 1 has been a huge success, for me at least, with only a few books being duds so far (Tbolts, Morbius, Savage Wolverine). Looking forward to seeing what's next.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes

DC has a line of trades called "Greatest Stories Ever Told" for most of the major characters with stories from different eras.

Green Lantern Rebirth by Geoff Johns would be a good place to start for that character.

Nudull

Banned
Got some money to blow on comixology, and I'm wanting to get into DC a little more. Might Batgirl and Batwoman, or any of the current GL books be worth my time?

Got some money to blow on comixology, and I'm wanting to get into DC a little more. Might Batgirl and Batwoman, or any of the current GL books be worth my time?

Batgirl was horrid enough at the beginning of the new 52 that I've ignored it since. I can't imagine anything short of replacing babs would get me to try it again. Batwoman is quality. pretty, fun, surreal stuff, though a couple issues have been duds. Green lantern has been good. Haven't read new guardians or red lanterns in ages but I enjoyed them both before schoolwork devoured my hobbies a while ago. GL Corps wasn't worth reading when the new 52 began and unless the current crossovers shook things up hard i doubt it's changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom