• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2013. Pinching Dr. Banner? Bad idea; Hulk pinches you back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another silly t-shirt has arrived.

F32D9A00-B491-4445-9ADC-CA1C0F26A664-1478-000000ED64682DDF_zpsff463eae.jpg

Simple, yet to the point.

How is the fit is it pretty true to size? I want to get large but I don't want it to be super baggy and long on me

Aw, shit. Just read the solicit for Superior #9.

They love fucking with people, yeah?

EDIT: Oh, hey - where can I get the "I love Hawkeye" t-shirt, again?

Aw, shit. Just read the solicit for Superior #9.

They love fucking with people, yeah?

EDIT: Oh, hey - where can I get the "I love Hawkeye" t-shirt, again?

It's at welovefine (which I linked above).

No way in hell I'm ever paying 25 bucks for a t-shirt. That's like 2 or 3 tpbs.

Ok. Not forcing you to do anything with your money, but I bought them because I'm a fan of the series. Also, the new shirt I got was on sale for Pi Day, so binge buying it was even easier to justify.

Finished All New X-Men #9. The number Blonde mutants in revealing black costumes is going to get a bit annoying. I already had issues constrasting between Emma and Ilyana, but it'll be worse now with Lady Mastermind.

Tizoc

Saga #11
THANK YOU BASED VAUGHAN FOR NOT KILLING LYING CAT!
The sex at the start gave me a chuckle, but the issue overall was good and the ending was heartwarming.

Wonder Woman #18
I'm pretty sure Ares' planning something. ...and stop wanting to kill kids Orion, seriously

Justice League #18
Not to sound sexist, but come the frag on Johns.
Goldrush looks interesting, but is this a new character or is it based on The Bulleteer?

Sonic Universe #50
SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD! Don't kill him off Ian, don't kill him off!
Great issue though, hope we get to see more of Metal Sonic's new persona during Worlds Collide.

2r2jd8P.jpg

kswiston

Finished All New X-Men #9. The number Blonde mutants in revealing black costumes is going to get a bit annoying. I already had issues constrasting between Emma and Ilyana, but it'll be worse now with Lady Mastermind.

Lady Mastermind was wearing that costume (or something similar) 5 years ago. But all three were designed by Bachalo. Blame him.

Lady Mastermind was wearing that costume (or something similar) 5 years ago. But all three were designed by Bachalo. Blame him.

And Lady Mastermind's costume was just a black version of Dazzler's AoA anniversary costume from 2005. Also designed by Bachalo. Costume design is not his strength...

Nudull

Banned
Sonic Universe #50
SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD! Don't kill him off Ian, don't kill him off!
Great issue though, hope we get to see more of Metal Sonic's new persona during Worlds Collide.

I was just reading STH #246, and thought Shard was pretty interesting and all. It'd be a shame if Ian does off him, though. :(

Owzers

How long was Fables really good? I loved the first trade and have the next two to read.

There's a large transition period after the 11th trade, which some people recommend stopping the series with after reading. It's consistently good through that. I liked the 12th trades content, then i skipped the Crossover with Jack of Fables/Literaries which reviews frowned upon. After that the quality has been mixed at best.

You're safe for awhile. The 4th trade was probably my favorite one.

How long was Fables really good? I loved the first trade and have the next two to read.

Almost everyone who enjoys it at all, enjoys it til the end of number 11. It gets less consistent thereafter.

The world strikes a chord for some people such that we could read stuff in it for ages without getting bored. The second major "saga" started awesome imo but petered out at the end. The current saga is ok. An improvement from how the second one ended.

Volume 13 is worthless trash that can be skipped without ruining your enjoyment of the rest of the series.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action

the first 75 issues make up the first BIG arc and it's lovely throughout. i'd say read the first 11 (!) trades and be done with it.... it's a great jumping off point.

- J - D -

As someone who's just started reading Fables, I appreciate it being brought up here. I was gifted the first deluxe hardcover edition and I enjoy it so far. a series that is consistently good for 75 issues (11 trades as you've said) is quite an achievement.

Unrelated, anyone read Girls by the Luna Brothers? Good?

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Recycling my 90s toys hit a snag today when my son took a few to church. A lady asked him if he was playing with Spiderman, and he said, in loud four year old style, "No, this isn't Spiderman, this is Carnage."

- J - D -

Series is extremely weird. Gets pretty dark. But yeah, over all, I'd recommend it. Just understand you are getting into some messed up stuff.

Good weird? Good dark? I read the first issue on comixology since it was free. Doesn't give a sense of what the series is, though I liked the writing.

Nudull

Banned
Series is extremely weird. Gets pretty dark. But yeah, over all, I'd recommend it. Just understand you are getting into some messed up stuff.

Hm, I was tempted to read it, myself. I can like dark and weird. Maybe I'll blow through the collection on comixology later this month or so.

Hm, I was tempted to read it, myself. I can like dark and weird. Maybe I'll blow through the collection on comixology later this month or so.

Good weird? Good dark? I read the first issue on comixology since it was free. Doesn't give a sense of what the series is, though I liked the writing.

I can't say too much without spoiling it. All I can say is that the only other series that engaged me in the same way was Y the Last Man. So I recommend it so long as you go in aware that it's going to be a weird ride.

- J - D -

I can't say too much without spoiling it. All I can say is that the only other series that engaged me in the same way was Y the Last Man. So I recommend it so long as you go in aware that it's going to be a weird ride.

A call out to Y is a good enough for me. I bought the complete Girls collection just now.

Owzers

I read the first issue of Activity in print, i thought it was okay but not my kind of book. Should have had them fight dinosaurs. Dinosaur spies.

Owzers

My gripe isn't even Bendis focused, I just dislike sales that offer a few issues of a series. Give me the mega sales and not 5 issues of Ultimate Comics Ultimate Spiderman Ultimate Fun. Or 13 issues of a 150+ issues series.

My second problem is Bendis.

I like Bendis. the only issue I can see with him is that he's very formulaic. He's a good writer, definitely. But he's never going to blow your mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom