• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2014. Longshot and Domino are hogging all the four-leaf clovers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't see where Bendis can go at Marvel if they try to get him off the X-Books.

He did the Avengers for eight years, and probably won't want to do Amazing Spider-Man after 200+ issues of Ultimate. He's Marvel's Geoff Johns, in terms of influence on the overall line, I can't imagine modern Marvel without him for better or worse.

Mafro

Wait why this sudden negativity towards Bendis? Did something happen?
For starters, he's just not a very good writer for the most part when it comes to team-based books.

The concept for New Avengers is awesome. Is the book itself good? I need more Black Panther in my life.
Yeah it's fantastic, currently my favourite book along with Uncanny Avengers. If you want a decent BP story then you won't be disappointed as he's pushed as one of the main characters for the most part and his feud with Namor is great. I'd love to see Hickman do a BP solo series as he's shown in this and his FF run that he really gets the character.

Splatt

Wait why this sudden negativity towards Bendis? Did something happen?

You can explain this on DBZ terms too.

Bendis on street-level books - Saiyan saga Vegeta, full of spunk and can kick everyone's ass, despite their power level

Bendis on any other book - Buu saga Vegeta, severely nerfed, always trying to increase his power level but is stuck playing 2nd fiddle to his editors/Goku

tim1138

Speaking of Bendis, I finished his Moon Knight run today and really enjoyed it. Did the Count Nefario (or whatever his name was) wanting Ultron's head plot have any pay off or tie ins to Age of Ultron?

Bendis is so bizarre. His solo hero books are what I would describe as legitimately good...even though you still get Bendis Blocks of text. His team books are just awful. It's hard to think of another successful comic writer who is so wildly different in skill levels for the two main comics writing genres.

Bendis is so bizarre. His solo hero books are what I would describe as legitimately good...even though you still get Bendis Blocks of text. His team books are just awful. It's hard to think of another successful comic writer who is so wildly different in skill levels for the two main comics writing genres.

Pet Bendis hate is when he introduces a villain we haven't seen for awhile, and the dialogue always goes like this:

"That's an Adaptoid."
"What's an Adaptoid?"
"It's bad."
"How bad?"
"Really bad. World go bye bye bad."
"I think Optimus Prime is an Adaptoid."

It drives me NUTS.

Not really, and I'm kinda annoyed they're doing it tbh. Let the important stuff happen to them in their team books, they don't need solo books at all. And Nightcrawler is by Claremont who at this point is a crazy old man in the Neal Adams "why are they still letting this guy make comics?" vein.

That said, Cyclops is by Rucka so it'll probably be good. Just unnecessary IMO.

:(. Well that's disappointing. I am cautiously optimistic because of ruck but that sucks about nightcrawler. I've really liked him lately so I was hoping for something good.

On another note, HOLY SHIT IS SANDMAN AWESOME! Just finished issue 8 and it's so good. I hope it holds this consistency since there's so much left to read.

RC

Banned
:(. Well that's disappointing. I am cautiously optimistic because of ruck but that sucks about nightcrawler. I've really liked him lately so I was hoping for something good.

On another note, HOLY SHIT IS SANDMAN AWESOME! Just finished issue 8 and it's so good. I hope it holds this consistency since there's so much left to read.

Sandman only gets better. You're in for a treat.

arkon

On another note, HOLY WHIT IS SANDMAN AWESOME! Just finished issue 8 and it's so good. I hope it holds this consistency since there's so much left to read.

lmao

I thought I was seeing things and going crazy.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Yost is a good writer, peeps. But I am somewhat perplexed as to what the fuck Aaron is going to be doing at Marvel now as he's probably their best writer at the mo and X-books now seem pretty doomed.

Give him Spider-Man maybe?

Bendis is like Brubaker. They're great writers...only if its on certain type of books.

Brubaker is great with crime, noir, street level books. Is horrible with team books

Bendis is excels with street level as well as single hero books. Is sub-par with team books and poor writing event comics

Owzers

I updated to ios 7.1 now from 6.something and Comixology is an amazing mess.

It's really hard to trust digital comics, that at any turn they won't screw me. My purchased list is full on the left side, detailing each series, but empty on the right. Forever Evil #5 won't download, i keep getting errors.

Yost is a good writer, peeps. But I am somewhat perplexed as to what the fuck Aaron is going to be doing at Marvel now as he's probably their best writer at the mo and X-books now seem pretty doomed.

If they made Parker Spider-Man again and put Aaron on the book I'd be there day one.

PsychBat!

Banned
For starters, he's just not a very good writer for the most part when it comes to team-based books.

His weakest writing is coming from Guardians of the Galaxy. I dropped the book when Angela was introduced. I just couldn't stand it. And they are way too close to Earth. It's like Bendis dislikes DnA so much that he ignores what they did and turns it into "Space Avengers" which is not what the Guardians are.

Pet Bendis hate is when he introduces a villain we haven't seen for awhile, and the dialogue always goes like this:

"That's an Adaptoid."
"What's an Adaptoid?"
"It's bad."
"How bad?"
"Really bad. World go bye bye bad."
"I think Optimus Prime is an Adaptoid."

It drives me NUTS.

Oh yeah and pretty much this. I can tolerate it for 4 issues. After that I just drop the book he wrote and take a long break and get back to it later. Either that or drop it entirely.

Mafro

Speaking of Bendis, I finished his Moon Knight run today and really enjoyed it. Did the Count Nefario (or whatever his name was) wanting Ultron's head plot have any pay off or tie ins to Age of Ultron?
I think that just became an abandoned plot thread due to AOU being delayed. I loved that run of Moon Knight, seems to be pretty underrated.

I won't be surprised to see him getting a new ongoing series spinning out of Original Sin.

Isak_Borg

I updated to ios 7.1 now from 6.something and Comixology is an amazing mess.

It's really hard to trust digital comics, that at any turn they won't screw me. My purchased list is full on the left side, detailing each series, but empty on the right. Forever Evil #5 won't download, i keep getting errors.

Send me a message with details and I can see if the right people can help you out.

Maybe you just figured out who the new Spider-Man 2099 writer is...

Edit: Also, sucks that Aaron is off Amazing X-Men, I'm done with that book...

PsychBat!

Banned

I'm pretty sure he's doing Thor: God of Thunder right now, and it is one of my favorite comic books by Marvel so far.

Splatt

While I really enjoy Aaron's Marvel output(his Ghost Rider is amazeballs) I'd rather see him do more independent work in the vein of Scalped.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Please people, give Yost at least a few issues breathing space on Amazing.

If Marvel cancels fucking Amazing X-Men as well due to you gits I'll go crazytown bananapants.

Tizoc

U68HoL1.jpg

Yo when's the next issue of Secret Avengers releasing again?

I'm totally fine with Bendis on X-men except for the end of Battle of the Atom, and oh look it doesn't matter now. I like Kyle/Yost but Aaron leaving is balls. They're screwing with the wrong xbooks, go mess with those Cable or Xforce things..maybe even X-factor. I guess I need to read my X-mens I'm a few months behind

Teptom

I started reading Bone and it's making me so happy. I just want to make some hot cocoa and curl up next to a nice fire while reading it.

zeeaykay

Ever since I started reading comics about a year ago I've been waiting for a good writer to get on Spider-Man. I would be all over Jason Aaron SM.

Owzers

This happened to me when they issued the mandatory password reset and I forgot about it. Maybe that's it if you haven't logged in in awhile?

i think i signed in with my new password yesterday and things were okay, even before updating to 7.1...though i might have only read a comic and not tried to download one.

arkon

Aaron with the too many projects excuse. Really? We know it's bullshit brah.

Gotta be the new editor.

This was Aaron when the series was announced: "In my mind, this is something Ed and I will both be on for the foreseeable future. This is not just a couple stories and then I'm done. This is the beginning of the next big X-Story that I want to tell."

Looks like Jason Aaron is off Amazing X-Men after #7 and Craig Kyle and Chris Yost are taking over http://marvel.com/news/comics/2014/3/10/22112/join_chris_yost_craig_kyle_colossus_on_amazing_x-men

jesus goddamn wtf thef ehsfasdfasjdfnasdkfjas adhsjfdbshjfbdsvbdhh

Someone explain this to me in DBZ terms as I don't understand Marvel creative team shifts.

like if ssj2 gohan dropped the book and was replaced by a team comprised of that little shit robot from gt and mr popo's animated turd

Sucks. I might be out of xbooks

god. this is literally the worst possible thing to ever happen. kyle and yost are the two WORST writers in xmen history.

Gotta be the new editor.

This was Aaron when the series was announced: "In my mind, this is something Ed and I will both be on for the foreseeable future. This is not just a couple stories and then I'm done. This is the beginning of the next big X-Story that I want to tell."
Yep. Too bad Bendis is untouchable. He has never had to face the pure hardwork of someone that works at Walmart. Soon he will feel it.

This short run shit and passing off to another brah just pisses me off. Chrisy Yost tries to overcome his liabilities as a bland writer with ultra violence. Interesting how the opinions differ from here and cbr. Lol. He Is Rising.

JEKKI

there was a thread on gaf I saw this morning about budgeting and stuff.

if there's one thing that destroys budgets, it's comixology.

I'm struggling not to spend $18 on the whole Avengers Arena

>_<

it's ok, it'll be on sale again in a year,

I have plenty backlog to read in the meantime!

Messi

there was a thread on gaf I saw this morning about budgeting and stuff.

if there's one thing that destroys budgets, it's comixology.

I'm struggling not to spend $18 on the whole Avengers Arena

>_<

it's ok, it'll be on sale again in a year,

I have plenty backlog to read in the meantime!

Yeah...but you could totally be reading it right now. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom