• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2014. Longshot and Domino are hogging all the four-leaf clovers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the more I think about it the more WATXM #1 leaves a bad taste in my mouth so I think I'm going to drop it. As I'd like to keep my Marvel at 2 pulls I need a replacement title to go alongside my Amazing X-Men. Which X title should I get?

There's a Nightcrawler ongoing coming out in April that may go well with Amazing. (Who knows at this stage)
But the other X-Books are quite different. I am not a fan of Brian Wood's Adjective-less X-Men and Spurrier's X-Force has only one issue right now.
If you are willing, you can try Uncanny X-Men and All-New X-Men, but they are both way too prone to cross overs and ship really frequently. So it would break your "2 book limit".

If you are willing to try outside of the X-Verse, Daredevil is awesome and the new ongoing will definitively be a great jumping in point. (Although I seriously recommend you read the first volume)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Depending on how you/when you bought it, there might be a part two. It was originally printed as two volumes with a third "tales of the Sinestro Corps" book. Later there was a one-volume printing (which may have slightly different contents?)

The Red Lanterns don't show up until a good bit later, "Rage of the Red Lanterns" was branded as a Blackest Night lead-in.

Ok, I think I have it straight now. It sure sounds like a lead-in to Blackest Night as I was real smart and read Blackest Night about 6 months ago w/o reading Sinestro Corps War :/ Because I'm a real smart person.

I'll look for the Rage of the Red Lanterns, sounds like my next step.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
There's a Nightcrawler ongoing coming out in April that may go well with Amazing. (Who knows at this stage)
But the other X-Books are quite different. I am not a fan of Brian Wood's Adjective-less X-Men and Spurrier's X-Force has only one issue right now.
If you are willing, you can try Uncanny X-Men and All-New X-Men, but they are both way too prone to cross overs and ship really frequently. So it would break your "2 book limit".

If you are willing to try outside of the X-Verse, Daredevil is awesome and the new ongoing will definitively be a great jumping in point. (Although I seriously recommend you read the first volume)

Spurrier's X-Legacy was great so I would give him the benefit of the doubt on X-Force.

Spurrier's X-Legacy was great so I would give him the benefit of the doubt on X-Force.

I'm picking the whole arc because of his run on Legacy, but I wouldn't go recommending it so soon anyway. Even though I didn't hate the first issue as much as many here did, it didn't completely sell me on the book.

Also, anyone else reading Daredevil: Road Warrior? I'm really enjoying it so far.

Batgirl #29
Batman #29
Batman Li'l Gotham #12
Constantine #12
Justice League 3000 #4
Justice League Of America #13
Lucifer Volume 3 TP
Nightwing #29
Superman Wonder Woman #6

All-New X-Factor #4
All-New X-Men #24
Black Widow #4
Fantastic Four #2
Superior Spider-Man #29
Superior Foes Of Spider-Man #9
X-Men Legacy #300...maybe, I want it for whatever Carey did in it

The next set are out. Everyone get and love the monkey brain comics. Bandette and Amelia cole are awesome comics. And the image pack is good too.

Hell yes! Bandette and Amelia Cole!

Animal Man ends this month.

: (

yea this blows

WHO CAN STAND AGAINST THE FATAL FIVE?

tKHU73z.jpg

Ok, I think I have it straight now. It sure sounds like a lead-in to Blackest Night as I was real smart and read Blackest Night about 6 months ago w/o reading Sinestro Corps War :/ Because I'm a real smart person.

I'll look for the Rage of the Red Lanterns, sounds like my next step.

If you read the trade which collects both volumes of SCW, then
the ring Ganthet and Sayd make is a blue lantern not white.

Make sure you read Secret Origin before Rage of the Red Lanterns if you haven't already.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If you read the trade which collects both volumes of SCW, then
the ring Ganthet and Sayd make is a blue lantern not white.

I only saw the insignia. Maybe I've got it all wrong, I was battling sleep real bad. I'll check again. Maybe I did miss the 2nd tpb. I don't know what the hell I have! It has the impaled Lanterns on the cover.

EDIT: Shit Secret Origin? Argh. Thanks for hitting me with that, I hate it when I read shit in the wrong order. Still smacking myself for reading Crisis on Infinite Earths before being as familiar as I'd like to be with general DC.

Geez, they look awesome and are actually decent, if expensive, pieces. A lot better than their old Origin pieces!

Yeah they are expensive, but all of them have traits that make them really good. Everyone but Tharok has multiple point values, too. Validus is 249/175, Persuader is 175/125, Emerald Empress is 190/115, and Mano is 100/65.

maxcriden

I was thinking about this this morning and thought this would be a good place to ask. I stopped reading comics in mid-2010 after reading monthly since 1994 or so. Anyway, I was wondering if One More Day was ever undone. Did Peter ever get his old memories back at least? Just curious. Thanks guys!

tim1138

At this point, it's a mercy killing. Not even the writing standard has been maintained on this corpse of a comic.

Pretty much. We get a wrap up issue with Lemire and Foreman and then put Buddy back on the shelf as a solo book. I'm not even sure I can name someone I would have wanted to take the book over honestly.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Is anyone hyped about the Nightcrawler and Cyclops solo series? I'm kind of curious about them.

Not really, and I'm kinda annoyed they're doing it tbh. Let the important stuff happen to them in their team books, they don't need solo books at all. And Nightcrawler is by Claremont who at this point is a crazy old man in the Neal Adams "why are they still letting this guy make comics?" vein.

That said, Cyclops is by Rucka so it'll probably be good. Just unnecessary IMO.

I was one of those who didn't pull Animal Man, despite pulling most of the DC titles, because Animal Man is a dumb character. I guess I should feel bad about it but I don't.

Sorry.

Not Sorry.

I was thinking about this this morning and thought this would be a good place to ask. I stopped reading comics in mid-2010 after reading monthly since 1994 or so. Anyway, I was wondering if One More Day was ever undone. Did Peter ever get his old memories back at least? Just curious. Thanks guys!

No. In the revised timeline, they were never married at all so technically there's nothing to forget. There was a story "One Moment In Time" that detailed the Peter/MJ break-up.

tim1138

I was one of those who didn't pull Animal Man, despite pulling most of the DC titles, because Animal Man is a dumb character. I guess I should feel bad about it but I don't.

Sorry.

Not Sorry.

Why? It wasn't cancelled due to sales. Lemire requested the book end with the conclusion of his run and DC complied.

maxcriden

No. In the revised timeline, they were never married at all so technically there's nothing to forget. There was a story "One Moment In Time" that detailed the Peter/MJ break-up.

Strange. I thought I heard MJ's whisper-deal with Mephisto was to have her remember her memories? Or was it just to remember that Peter is Spider-Man? Anyway, thanks for the info!

Messi

I've been rewatching and rereading Batman the Animated Series show and cartoon, respectively these past few days. A few observations.

-This show is awesome

-I forgot there was a gay joke at Joel Schmucer's expense. "I just love Batman! All those muscles, the armor, I hear his car can even go up walls!" "Shut up, Joel..."

hqdefault.jpg

-Harley and Joker are the best characters, especially when Paul Dini is writing their stories. He also seems very self-aware of his own fetishes(he actually has Harley and Ivy fighting naked in a shower) and those of the fans.

3468732-1330712478-funny.jpg

God the animated series Harley will never be topped. She is perfect.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face

Sorry.

Not Sorry.

Animal Man is actually a great character. You can do more interesting things with Animal Man and the Bakers than you can with some of the "A-list" heroes, as proven by Grant Morrison's run and the beginning of Lemire's.

tim1138

Animal Man is actually a great character. You can do more interesting things with Animal Man and the Bakers than you can with some of the "A-list" heroes, as proven by Grant Morrison's run and the beginning of Lemire's.

Sadly not a lot of people seem to get Animal Man or understand the appeal of his little world.

Hey GH, how do you feel about Vixen?

arkon

I'm a sucker for dumb crossovers. I was organizing my boxes to find my Star Trek / Legion issues because reasons and also saw my friends X-Men / Star Trek crossover book on his shelf. Made me realize my love for that kind of dumb shit.

I'm a bit of a hypocrite when it comes to that, since anything Legion related I've bought and mostly enjoyed. Like the Star Trek crossover. That said it was a separate miniseries which didn't disrupt the stories of the main title. That's the way I like them.

Not really, and I'm kinda annoyed they're doing it tbh. Let the important stuff happen to them in their team books, they don't need solo books at all. And Nightcrawler is by Claremont who at this point is a crazy old man in the Neal Adams "why are they still letting this guy make comics?" vein.

That said, Cyclops is by Rucka so it'll probably be good. Just unnecessary IMO.

:(. Well that's disappointing. I am cautiously optimistic because of ruck but that sucks about nightcrawler. I've really liked him lately so I was hoping for something good.

On another note, HOLY WHIT IS SANDMAN AWESOME! Just finished issue 8 and it's so good. I hope it holds this consistency since there's so much left to read.

Yeah they are expensive, but all of them have traits that make them really good. Everyone but Tharok has multiple point values, too. Validus is 249/175, Persuader is 175/125, Emerald Empress is 190/115, and Mano is 100/65.

Yeah I love the new multiple point values trend that Heroclix is pushing towards. Way better than the old REV paradigm. Only played with Tharok, who is a bit of a glass cannon, but can be pretty deadly if he has the right support.

I got into Heroclix because I love comics, but I feel like there is still a huge disconnect. Wizkids/NECA need to figure out a way to get more comic readers aware of the product and to not dismiss them as too complicated, as they also make for great display pieces. Of course, they're doing a better job now what with new sets coming out for every movie and event.

Well looks like the new X-editor(former editor of Batbooks) is cleaning the X-Men line.

Bendis said he is untouchable, but expecting Marts to cut down on PR for Bendis's x-books if he doesn't listen.

Mafro

Well looks like the new X-editor(former editor of Batbooks) is cleaning the X-Men line.

Bendis said he is untouchable, but expecting Marts to cut down on PR for Bendis's x-books if he doesn't listen.
If he wants to clean the X-Men line then the first thing he should be doing is getting rid of Bendis.

That is the problem. He can't get rid of Bendis. Joe Q and all won't let him.

Probably Brevoort as well.

So he can hinder Bendis by not doing interviews or advance solicits or putting shitty artists on it but can't get rid of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom