• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2014. Longshot and Domino are hogging all the four-leaf clovers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheska

Anyone ever have to switch their pull list to a new store? I'm moving out of the suburbs to downtown, and there's a place just a mile from work. Nice guy works there.

However, my current shop is also great and the staff are very friendly. Great selection, nice people.

I feel like a jerk moving my pulls since this place was the shop that I started doing a pull list.

I just called to cancel and tell him why and he wasn't super nice about it, saying he lives downtown and makes the trek, etc, but he'll cancel it.

Now I'm dealing with some guilt. Comics are rough, man.

Honestly, the fact that he gave you a hard time would make me run even further. I understand it's a lost customer, but it's not like you left because you didn't like them or their service, and nowdays every little bit helps. You don't owe them anything, and it's really none of his business either way.

Scope out that new place, maybe don't make a pull list for everything quite yet. I've learned to give a shop a few runs before making a decision.

Disney just announced what most people have suspected for some time now. Captain America III will come out day and date against Superman/Batman in Summer 2016. Which means there will probably be a Thor 3 in the next phase as well. I wish they would stop with these avengers dudes for awhile and focus on fresh characters like Namor, Black Panther, Doc Strange, Nova, Kazaar, and Runaways.

Splatt

Disney just announced what most people have suspected for some time now. Captain America III will come out day and date against Superman/Batman in Summer 2016. Which means there will probably be a Thor 3 in the next phase as well. I wish they would stop with these avengers dudes for awhile and focus on fresh characters like Namor, Black Panther, Doc Strange, Nova, Kazaar, and Runaways.

Thor 2 was so boring and by the numbers that I forgot everything about the movie half an hour after I exited the theater.

What I'm trying to say is... give me a Heroes for Hire movie Mahvel!

Thor 2 was so boring and by the numbers that I forgot everything about the movie half an hour after I exited the theater.

What I'm trying to say is... give me a Heroes for Hire movie Mahvel!

You're getting a Heroes for Hire TV show.

You're welcome.

Well... Luke Cage and Iron Fist shows.

suffah

Does maths and stuff
Honestly, the fact that he gave you a hard time would make me run even further. I understand it's a lost customer, but it's not like you left because you didn't like them or their service, and nowdays every little bit helps. You don't owe them anything, and it's really none of his business either way.

Scope out that new place, maybe don't make a pull list for everything quite yet. I've learned to give a shop a few runs before making a decision.

Yea makes no sense to burn bridges with you. If the new store has problems you're now less likely to go back. But I guess LCS these have it pretty rough with business in general.

Damn Invincible was pretty good this week. Nothing else jumped out at me.

There's a neat, positive review of The Auteur #1 on Bleeding Cool that you guys might like to read.

Also,

YGHfznt.png

Still gets me. :lol

Pretty much. I might be moving soon and I feel bad but they would never ever give me shit for it. That makes no sense and is just douche and would make me regret going there.

Good books this week: Hawkeye, Secret Avengers, Stray Bullets, East of West, Astro City, Mainfest Destiny

Bad books this week: Fantastic Four, X-Force, Avengers Underwhateverthefuck

Really fuckin' bad books this week: Wolverine

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Good books this week: Hawkeye, Secret Avengers, Stray Bullets, East of West, Astro City, Mainfest Destiny

Bad books this week: Fantastic Four, X-Force, Avengers Underwhateverthefuck

Really fuckin' bad books this week: Wolverine

Are you not reading Superior Foes because you are actually a failed supervillain and it cuts too close?

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
I read the first issue, it was definitely a Nick Spencer comic despite the "no really its good!" claims, and that was that

And yet you are on issue 3 of Wolverine. We can rehabilitate you.

Wolverine must be the Marvel equivalent of Nocenti Catwoman

Its soooo bad. Like, I'm in disbelief Stegman is being used on this garbage. I read pages and I'm in disbelief the book exists.

I don't understand why Doc Ock can't use Dr.Warren's tech and create a young clone of himself that he can transplant his brain into. That way we can still have a Superior Spider-Man series in addition to Amazing. They can even do a Spider Inc. with Doc, Pete, Miguel, Kaine, Ben, and Miles. I'd buy the hell out of that shit.

Pie and Beans

Wolverine must be the Marvel equivalent of Nocenti Catwoman

Its soooo bad. Like, I'm in disbelief Stegman is being used on this garbage. I read pages and I'm in disbelief the book exists.

From some of the previews (Wolverine screams for his life falling from a building and struggles to grab a drain-pipe!!! TUNE IN NEXT WEEK) it doesn't even look like full Stegman art at times. Whether thats an unfaithful inker, rushed pencils, or a mysterious in between artist at work, it thankfully released me of the "will buy for Steg, ignore speech balloons" spell since its not even good Steg.

Hopefully the industry performs its magic on Stegman like it did Larroca! Ha ha haanahahhnnnnggghhhhhhrhrrrrrnnnnnnffffffffff.

arkon

X-Force: I don't think I like this? The core plot is interesting but the characters are just endless monologues which go nowhere and often dont even sound like themselves. Also I guess I missed something with Hope? Also feels like the english is often broken. Seems to be a problem creeping into a few Marvel books these days. Shitty editors?

Not as far as I'm aware. It's just not been covered in the series yet.

It made me consider un-subbing to be honest.

Maybe I'll come around to it, but I feel like maybe fraction was taking the success of his off kilter issues (like the dog issue) a bit too much to heart.

Maybe it'll read better as a trade, since to be fair Sandman does the oddball one off issues every once and a while so far (not saying Fraction even dreams of being gaiman caliber, just an interesting comparison).

frye

Maybe I'll come around to it, but I feel like maybe fraction was taking the success of his off kilter issues (like the dog issue) a bit too much to heart.

Maybe it'll read better as a trade, since to be fair Sandman does the oddball one off issues every once and a while so far (not saying Fraction even dreams of being gaiman caliber, just an interesting comparison).

Man, Hawkeye 17 featured character finds of the decade Santalope and Menorable

Boogiepop

I'd forget about X-force and buy the Uncanny X-Force omnibus, especially since it's on sale currently at instocktrades.com, which is also the place to buy trades. Some trades are half off on release week at ist, usually omnibus collections, WATXM will most likely be half off on release week there too. Shipping is free in the U.S. for orders $50 and above. Schism should be all that's really needed for WATXM.

edit: Uncanny X-Force was last week at 50%, but it's still 45% off this month due to a marvel special at IST.

I'll definitely keep an eye on that then. So Uncanny X-force is the one that was running concurrently with Wolverine and the X-men? And it's good? Like I said it bugged me conceptually in that it sounded like something that clashed with the ideal/feels of WATXM, but I suppose I should hold it against the thing if it it's a good read. And it being collected in omnibus form makes it tempting...

If Cheska gives the Uncanny X-Force Omnibus a seal of approval quality wise, I'm gonna pull the trigger. Remender plus awesome team = I'm in.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Haha yeah, a bunch of us in the Hawkguy OT suddenly ended up with tags. I'm guessing one of the mods is a fan. I just got lucky!

I would have preferred Pizza Dog based off my avatar but I'm not complaining.

8bit

Knows the Score
I quite liked Hawkeye, it was clear it going to be something cute with Chris Eliopoulos but the Tracksuit dogs were neat in particular.

Sure, it would have been nice had it come out a few weeks ago, but nevermind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom